ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions about mods for the RS 200 :D

Clio RS 200 (AG)
Hi guys,

I only got my car about 4 days ago so i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mods for the clio, i can't really find any opinions or reviews saying whats good and what's not...

1) First of all i wanted to ask weather or not the remap is worth it or not, i know the "10 bhp increase" doesn't sound a lot but is it worth it for improved fuel economy and

faster power delivery, it made a huge difference on my previous corsa but that was turbo'd...

2) Secondly, air filter? is there much point getting the full itg induction kit or should i stick with the itg panel filter, had both types on my corsa but in all honesty they were

pretty simillar, the flowmaster system looked good but wouldn't say it was worth the difference of £250 i paid over the itg panel filter, does the same apply here?

3) Lastly, i have seen people upgrading cams, what do they do haha?

cheers and sorry for the stupid questions ;)

Ollie

Lionel Richie
marketing bullshit = +20bhp

as much as this forum gets slagged, at least it keeps people grounded in terms of power figures!!!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

1) You won't see 10bhp mate. Be lucky to get 5 extra peak power. Though it is said that they do improve the midrange a lot ie. more drivable/useable power.

2) I have a ITG panel filter and it made hee haw difference. Either stick with standard or go for the V6 air box setup. However to take full advantage of the latter setup you will need a remap.

3) Cams are said to be awesome though only when installed and timed correctly. Cams, sorts and remap should realistically give you 10-15bhp?

Merc
I've got the ITG panel filter installed and the only difference noticeable is the car been less jumpy on start-up. You won't get or notice more power.

Basically as you have been told already. Do not bother trying to tune these engines, waste of money and you'll struggle to squeeze anything more than 10-15bhp without a turbo while spending £££'s. Go do more research if you wish, but if I'd were you I wouldn't give it more thought. Enjoy it for what it is.

Clio RS 200 (AG)
thanks for the input guys, i know it isn't a very tunable engine so i think ill invest my money in suspension, diff, tyres and maybe brakes ;)

Nissan 350z
Cams exhaust and a map will see you around 208-212bhp

Afaik the best air intake for the 197/200 is the standard job so a panel filter would be best

Actually the best air intake for the Mk3 is the V6 airbox that the cup racers run. Theres also another Carbon Fibre box floating around but its currently available in EU and your talking €600 roughly (it feeds direct through the slam panel).

Have a read of: http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9863&page=6
Or for V6 part numbers: http://www.renault-sport.de/fileadmin/Startseite/Uploads_Teileservice/Clio_Katalog_Jan_2011.pdf (page 16)

Da

Less
Get yourself a few track days sorted, that will make the biggest improvement.

Brakes are more than fine for fast road use, waste of time and money changing from 4 pot Brembos on a road going Clio.

Evo
No point in remap unless you go for an aftermarket exhaust, purely to clear the flatspot.

Simple terms with air filter, standard box with panel filter. K&N are easiest to clean. Matched inlets can work well.

Cams will offer around 15bhp on a strong motor but are expensive for fitting if your not that committed. Even that gain is barely noticeable on the heavy 200.

It's not a massively tunable car without a large budget, just enjoy it for what it is.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i think spending money trying to get power gains on any clio is a huge waste of money. i would rather spend it on good tyres and making it handle better.