ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PZero Nero

172 ph1
Anyone had any experiences with these?

Looking for a 2nd set of tires to use when weather reports aren't promising enough for semi slicks.

Lotus Elise
Great tyre and fantastic grip. The compound is pretty soft and they only lasted me (on my mini) 9000miles.

BG 182
Just ordered 4 instead of mich's as I work for Pirelli so get them cheap. Will let you know what I reckon!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Had them on my 182, pretty good dry grip, not quite as good but not bad in the wet.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Got them on the front of my 172 IIRC. Not amazing and wouldn't replace like for like.

If you essentially want rain tyres, UR RainSports or Hankook V12s. :approve:

Stripped yozza'd cup
I had them on the Brabus and they're great, but definitely not a rain tyre.

As giraffe says, rainsports or Hankook's.

Megane RS 250
Too soft, both the compound and the sidewalls. Not bad in the wet...Re050 are much better in the dry, especially in summer.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got two of these up front on the 182 at the minute. Not as good as the Dunlop SP Maxx's that they replaced, but really only anything of worth that the garage had in at the time.

They will get spanked when I drive up to Scotland next week, so I will let you know. :)

D.

172 ph1
standard tyre for the prototypes at Prodrive
Not sure if serious, LOL
There pretty good In the summer but awfull In the winter..
I have a set of winter tires, just need a set of performance summer tires which can also deal with some water.
Bit much for a Clio?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
Most of their wear will be from track use rather than road use. I still have some road tires which are used day to day.
Great tyre and fantastic grip. The compound is pretty soft and they only lasted me (on my mini) 9000miles.
Thanks, if I get them, mine probably won't see that many road miles before they're used up on track.

Just ordered 4 instead of mich's as I work for Pirelli so get them cheap. Will let you know what I reckon!
Had them on my 182, pretty good dry grip, not quite as good but not bad in the wet.
As long as they're not too much of a handful in the wet it's fine. I've driven half worn Pilot Sport Cups in the wet which is rather tiring, just looking for something with a bit less dry grip and bit more wet grip (and feedback)

Once the Pilot Sport Cups have been worn down I'll probably replace them with something less extreme, like Federal 595RSR, so for my other set of rims I'm looking for something even less extreme.
Got them on the front of my 172 IIRC. Not amazing and wouldn't replace like for like.

If you essentially want rain tyres, UR RainSports or Hankook V12s. :approve:
I had them on the Brabus and they're great, but definitely not a rain tyre.
I'm not really looking for rain tyres, dry performance is still the most important aspect, but I'd like something that lasts longer than semi slicks for track use and can deal with some water.

As giraffe says, rainsports or Hankook's.
Not quite looking for a rain tire, emphasis for me is still on dry grip with a tire that is still reasonable in the wet.
Too soft, both the compound and the sidewalls. Not bad in the wet...Re050 are much better in the dry, especially in summer.
Thanks, will look into that option as well. I've had a set of RE-01Rs in the past which were great, but they've been replaced by the RE-11 which don't come in 195/45 16 that I need for this set of rims.
Got two of these up front on the 182 at the minute. Not as good as the Dunlop SP Maxx's that they replaced, but really only anything of worth that the garage had in at the time.

They will get spanked when I drive up to Scotland next week, so I will let you know. :)

D.
Not as good in which sense? :)

Last edited:
  RS Clio 182
Ran these for a year and they were absolutely fantastic, excellent grip dry & wet and you could really feel what they were doing and how close to the limit you were.

That said, the price difference between them and the Hankook's led me take the advise of many on here and give them a go, and given the substantial price difference (granted, when I bought the PZERO's I was massively caught short with 2 nailed tyres from crappy roadworks right outside a kwik-fit and so got nailed on price as well) which totalled around £200 for all four corners, whilst they aren't quite at the same level they are excellent also.

Oh yes and I can vouch for the previous poster who said his wore out within 9000 miles as mine went around the same point so they are very soft.

BG 182
Had them fitted for a couple of days now and very happy, so much better than the crappy budgets that were on when I bought the car. Not had chance to really push them yet, but they feel very good through the corners.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm still running all 4 and love them. IMO the wet grip is pretty good and good feedback. The softer compound gives good dry grip also. maybe not as good as the PE2 but quite a bit cheaper and I will be buying more again.

Glacier White RS200
I've just gone from toyo proxes t1-r's to these today, at a grand cost of £220 for all four corners, really impressed so far but will be able to judge them truly when we have another downpour.

987 Boxster S
I've just gone from toyo proxes t1-r's to these today, at a grand cost of £220 for all four corners, really impressed so far but will be able to judge them truly when we have another downpour.

Where did you get four for £220 from?

Glacier White RS200
i know fella was looking through there site the other day :), i range round a few places before hand (to see what id be saving), and a local tyre company wanted to charge me £74 for budgets per corner ...lol,

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
P Zero Neros are not P Zeros!!

link to pirelli's website.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/car/sheet/pzero_nero.html?url=?subtype=CAR&season=SUMMER

If you click on tyre details i agree entirely with pirellis own ratings for the Nero having done a dry sprint and a wet track day and been very impressed considering the price they cost. They were brilliant in the wet. Extremely confidence inspiring and not one issue despite a lot of standing water. Not the ultimate grip in the dry but they don't claim to have that. More than enough grip to enjoy the car and wear quite well if you have a controlled driving style.

182cup & 172 racecar
We had to use them as a control tyre for one year, they were ok once they had been shaved down to 3mm to stop the blocks moving and over heating.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Not true! The Pzero Nero have unreal wet grip! i had 4 on my cup and it was immense drive and wet. Would 100% reccomend these to anyone.

Most reviews of these tyres say the same thing as me and tom - good in the dry but bad in the wet. Take a look here:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/PZero-Nero.htm

Maybe you havent had a good wet tyre yet so you dont know what it feels like? I would like to try the R1R's next as they are ment to be brilliant all round, not sure I can afford them though!

Clio 182 arctic
I would say they aren't brilliant in the wet and I would recommend that you change them as soon as you get down to about 3mm. The PE2/PS3 are great all the way down to the edge of being road legal. But the PZero really does lose it in the wet below 3mm.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
They are not bad in the wet. If they were that bad how the hell did we out corner and out brake just about everything at our last keevil track day? A very confidence inspiring and predictable tyre allowing us to push the limits in the wet. Unlike everyone else who spent the day moaning about the weather and driving miss daisy. I've spent a fortune in the past on dedicated wet weather tyres on seperate wheels and i was still impressed with the neros. Rear tyres are about 2/3rds worn and fronts about a 1/3.

The grip they provide on a clio means you'd have to be being pretty silly to lose grip on the road unless you hit a patch of diesel or similar grip knobbler!

The level of performance they provide is equal to the amount they cost. I fail to see why everyone has such a hard on for toyos. I've not found them any better than anything else. They fail to shineover anything else in anyway. Which is fine if you just want some rubber on your wheels. I wouldn't pick toyos road tyres over the pirellis for wet weather performance. They aren't any better. Despite what people convince themselves.

And michelin are how much more? Not a fair comparison. I have michelins on my 106 diesel and they are good. Michelins are what will be going on the clio next. I tired conti's best offering but they weren't quite as good. I fall out of my seat in my 106 from the bodyroll even in the wet before the car even thinks about washing out.

Clio 172
I have had them on the front of my 172 since just before xmas - and I am just replacing the rears with Pzeros as well.

Managed to get the fronts down to about 3 mil in about 6 months (8k ish miles) so they are fairly good wearing.

Have stuck the old fronts on the rear and they will last me at least another 6 months as it is so light on the back. £172 for a pair - 195/45/16. Bargain!