ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS4 Exclusive] Bloodbourne

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like this is normally @Scutch's job, but not seeing a thread for this one.

Anyone going to be getting this? I've had my PS4 about a month now, and the lack of really good games is already starting to frustrate me somewhat, so hoping this is something good.

Yaris Hybrid
Came this morning. So far I have accrued an hour just looking at the loading screen.

That's with an SSD.....

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's good, but I'm not sure it's as good as it's being made out to be.

It's challenging, and for that reason it'll be good for many hours of gameplay.

However, you spend a lot of time traversing the same areas over and over, and there's a lot of stuff hidden out of the way that it's very easy to miss during your travels. Getting killed is frustrating as hell, because you go back to the Hunter's Dream and have to travel to where you were all over again, which starts to get really tedious. You will get killed a lot.

Also, if you don't have a Souls background as previous, there's a lack of bedding in, there's very little tuition or practice, you're thrown straight in.

I've had to learn a new style of gameplay too, as my approach in combat games is normally to be cautious and pick off the edges first, but you can't do that in this game, it's geared towards making you assertive and being on the front foot, the guns are crap, it's all about melee, the guns are only really used to stun your opponent so you can melee them.

I don't think it's the sort of game you can play hour after hour, because once you lose to a boss a couple of times, you get sick of the repetition and have to put it down and come back later, which might be a good thing in the eyes of some.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I just ordered a PS4 and got this chucked in for free... not my kind of thing though, straight to CEX with it, who are offering £36 :cool: I am tempted to have a go, but doesn't appeal to me from the images I've seen.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The more I play it, the more I enjoy it, it is the best game on PS4 so far (although that isn't saying much).

In my earlier post, I spoke about repetition, this does exist, but not so much once you get the hang of the combat, and you're able to tackle bosses easier to progress through the game.

I love the way the map comes together, you'll go through a long area, and then at the end of it it'll join up to somewhere you went though much earlier, and rather than having checkpoints as such, you create paths by opening gates/lifts etc that were previously unusable.

I'm enjoying how much there is to learn, even when you're hours into the game, there's always new types of enemies, that require a different approach.

A SHED!
Not my type of game mate. I took it back to asda and got my money back So didn't lose ananything. Mortal kombat will keep me going till batman I reckon.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I platinum'd this game, all trophies. I loved it that much. Just gone out and bought Dark Souls II for PS4 as a result, going to play through all the Souls games.