ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 mkv play back

Tesla MP3 2021
I am house/dog sitting for a mate for a few days and unfortunately she/they have a shitty PS3 that I will have to make do with ;).

Quick Q, if I take my hard drive round and connect via USB will it just play my mkv files straight from the drive.

Ta

Tesla MP3 2021
They already have a few films there like I just wanted to bring my own. I don't think I can be bothered taking all the films off my HDD, re-formatting to FAT32 and then converting the films I want to take.

Anything bigger than 4GB and FAT32 is pointless anyway.

EDIT: Yeah take the x360. The only thing good about PS3 games is Uncharted 2.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Exactly, and never knew munson was such a troll.

Every external hard drive I have bought has been formatted in fat32 anyway. Even my 500gb wd passport, although I think the new ones from this year are going to be ntfs.

Takes less thatln 30 seconds to convert using mkv2vob.

I use this method all the time and it's better than using the 360 as a media player, it doesn't even play as much as the xbox!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I don't want to point out the obvious, you make a 2 second job converting a file onto what is probably already a fat32 drive sound like it's a massive chore and not worth the hassle, then make out the ps3 is s**t for playing fps, that's a troll.

Go back to watching your inferior BoB ;)

LOL what a spleen you have become in recent years! :D

Why do facts have to turn into Console Wars? I didn't say it was a chore. If you would care to point out where I did then that would be good. Simply answering questions with facts. You know, like trying to help the OP with his thread. Might have known some fanboy would come along and spit his dummy out. Most people (who know anything about computers) will use NTFS volumes. FAT32 isn't even big enough for a DVD let alone HD movies, which I presume is what the OP wants to watch, as they are mkv, so he's not rolling FAT32.

As for the comments about the PS3 controller, that's just an opinion. No need to take offence.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It won't read NTFS volumes and it won't play mkv.
Again, helpful? Not much, rather than just saying no, explaining how might have been helpful, which you eventually did but then made it sound not as easy as it is. You assumed the drive is ntfs, there's a food chance it isn't, also a good chance the op has tv shows in mkv he could watch which will mean 1.2 gb files as you know so not an issue on fat32.

Just not as helpful as you could have been, that's all I'm saying.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Well it actually sounds like his HDD was actually NTFS so what Munson said was correct, would need to make FAT32 partition and use mkv2vob to convert them. The 4GB limit isn't really a problem, just tell mkv2vob to split into 4GB parts, you will have to take 6 seconds to select the second file near the end of the film but not that much of a problem.