ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project S13

Mustang, S13, AX GT
your worried about weight and 2jz sounds interesting? lol
I said interesting, not something I'm gonna do haha. it would be quick with the 2jz in, but corners would probably be a problem.

FFS!!!!! it doesn't need custom lines, it needs the core of the turbo rotating. It's been done HUNDREDS of times, I've done about 50 myself
Sorted, I went into the garage its now been moved to and they've rotated the core of the turbo and the lines they have got are S14 lines because the mechanic at the crap garage bent them when he tried...

ITB'd MK1
steel crank with twice as many counter weights, steel lined bores, chain driven cams, VVT, finger rocker valve-train, and everything is bigger too. Hateful engine

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've always been told theyre the same weight by many a person on sxoc. in a S13 you'd just have to get a red top too..haha

Anywaay, your happy so fair play!

Oh and the wheels are awesome mate!

Prefer the S14 shape dude. No matter what jap car I end up buying Malice will **** it off for not being an RX7 anyway :rolleyes:.

Nah malice has felt the Sr love..haha

I miss my old s14a alot..think i might get a pulsar to blow up though..haha

Mustang, S13, AX GT
;) Cheers dude. Whats the difference between a red top and a black top, ahh its not worth the arguing lol. Gaz, I'm the other way around mate I like the front end on the 14a but Im not a fan of the rest. Let me know if your going Dan we can catch up again dude.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
5243humpinghonduh.gif

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Prefer the S14 shape dude. No matter what jap car I end up buying Malice will **** it off for not being an RX7 anyway :rolleyes:.

why would i do that?? i miss my s14, i love my rex but really miss my s14 the s14 is completely raw, they are huge and feel planted, the rx7 is tiny compared to it, it seriously is the same size inside as my mums mx5, if anything the mx5 has more space, but its just a much more capeable car, bearing in mind people say they handle as well as nsx's the chassis is amazing...

seriously coming from working on 200's of all models and ages s13/14/14a/15 compare the suspension settup to the rx7 and you can see how the rx7 is so good at handling, put it this way in the 200 i didnt get scared going in to corners, simply because i knew when and what speed it would slide out at they dont have a huge amount of grip but the rx7 does i have gone in to corners far faster than im comfortable with and it hasnt slid...

handling wise my rx7 is stock atm, i had a fair amount done to my s14, coilovers, solid mounted rear subframe, solid mounted diff, 2 way nismo diff, front and rear alignment arms plus a few braces etc... my stock rx7 with less than healthy shocks is much much better than the 200 was...

why would i do that?? i miss my s14, i love my rex but really miss my s14 the s14 is completely raw, they are huge and feel planted, the rx7 is tiny compared to it, it seriously is the same size inside as my mums mx5, if anything the mx5 has more space, but its just a much more capeable car, bearing in mind people say they handle as well as nsx's the chassis is amazing...

seriously coming from working on 200's of all models and ages s13/14/14a/15 compare the suspension settup to the rx7 and you can see how the rx7 is so good at handling, put it this way in the 200 i didnt get scared going in to corners, simply because i knew when and what speed it would slide out at they dont have a huge amount of grip but the rx7 does i have gone in to corners far faster than im comfortable with and it hasnt slid...

handling wise my rx7 is stock atm, i had a fair amount done to my s14, coilovers, solid mounted rear subframe, solid mounted diff, 2 way nismo diff, front and rear alignment arms plus a few braces etc... my stock rx7 with less than healthy shocks is much much better than the 200 was...

Lol, don't take it to heart dude, it's just banter. An RX7 is something I'd love, just like an EVO, but it's never going to happen (EVO will eventually, even if I have to sell my organs). The 200 or GT4 will be much more "in budget" when the time comes next year, but aren't as powerful and seem to get slated to f**k.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no i love 200's lol really do mate, they are alot of fun and 320bhp is perfect in them.

no i love 200's lol really do mate, they are alot of fun and 320bhp is perfect in them.

I'd probably make do with 250-260BHP TBH. That's almost double what I have now!

Lad at work had a 650BHP Pulsar. Says he had to have carbon brakes at 1K a corner, new (expensive uprated) clutch after 3/4 full bore launches. Sod that for a game.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd probably make do with 250-260BHP TBH. That's almost double what I have now!

Lad at work had a 650BHP Pulsar. Says he had to have carbon brakes at 1K a corner, new (expensive uprated) clutch after 3/4 full bore launches. Sod that for a game.

To be honest with simple breathing mods and a slight boost increase its hard to keep the SR as low as 250..lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
;) Cheers dude. Whats the difference between a red top and a black top, ahh its not worth the arguing lol. Gaz, I'm the other way around mate I like the front end on the 14a but Im not a fan of the rest. Let me know if your going Dan we can catch up again dude.

Red tops have different inlets, no VVT, a T25g..quite a few differences. :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Well I've got my car back after much arguing and haggling and it still cost me a fortune! The garage who eventually fixed it did it properly but they would normally charge £300 for the conversion!!! They settled for just over £100. So, pick up car and set off home. It drives which is a good start so I decide to boot it, see if we got some power again. I put my foot down and the turbo spools, much louder than the T25 so it promising, then comes the lag, more lag, more lag, pop pop (repeat a few more times) then nothing... :mad:

I give up with the garage I took it too so I take it to the usual mechanic, he has a look and straight away he notices that the FPR is unplugged and the pipe is bent out of the way? He tells me he wont do anything because he does know what they might have done wrong, I have to take it back.

I take it up to Wellington Garage, where I had took it originally and have a wee argument with the manager about who does what to fix it and how much money I'm out by and that after all that only the turbo has been fitted not the fuel pump or the boost valve etc etc etc and he advises me to take it to the garage he'd got to do the work... I agree on the condiiton that if they say the work they did has not caused the misfire and lack of power that I bring it back and he sorts it out. This is agreed.

I go to MSL in Radcliffe who fitted the T28 properly and explain the symptons, nasty misfire that didn't used to be there, all lag and no more and the car is trying to stall everytime I dip the clutch.
The mechanic there has a look and connects up some more vaccum hoses, I dunno what to the bent pipe is still bent and unconnected? We go out and try it. The misfire is still there but not quite as bad, we get some boost but its still VERY laggy.

Back we go, and he looks at the spark plugs, they are good so he fiddles with the timing a little bit and out we go again, the misfire is completely cured and the boost comes in but it really does come in late, any-one who said the difference in lag between a T25 and a T28 has clearly not ran a T25 for a long time, at the point where the T25 would be really give you a kick up the ass the T28 is still spooling and doesnt come to life for another 1000 revs lol. Its still running a little bit funny compared to how it was with a good T25 so we'll see what happens when I can afford to give it a service and get the uprated pump, boost valve, chip and a couple of gauges fitted. Also I have a braided oil feed line now but apparently the connector or something wouldn't match the block?? I cant remember but next time I'll be taking it to Chorley Street Garage as Geoff there is a legend and offered to squeeze me in to fix stuff if I was stuck and he's always got the work done right before.

All in all, I'm happy to have the car back and I'm hoping that I can get it to how it should be soon, and the lesson is stick with mechanics you trust to get work done...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
take a picture of the exhaust housing for me, take a pic of the arm that goes in to the exhaust housing... there is a metal bush that goes in to the housing... there is a weld on it, i need to see if the weld is cracked.... if it is that will explain your lag! the weld cracks, the bush slides out a mm or 2 and the wastegate flap gets stuck inside the housing untill any boost is made then it unfree's its self and pops closed...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Im not having a look under the car in this weather mate haha, its pissing it down and I'd have to get on the floor to look under it. I'll try tomorrow if its dry.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
None of my clios ever went wrong! Old turbos ftl, I hope that malice is right it should be an easy fix if its cracked.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Right ok, I'm not sure if this is what you were after mate but these are the only pictures I could get of the downpipe/exhaust housing area lol. Sorry if they arent any good but to actually get to the turbo I need the car up on ramps...

DSCF0323.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

Mustang, S13, AX GT
They didn't put any fluids back in it!!!! The oil light flashed at me today as I was on my way to get the alignment done, so as I parked it at the garage I dipped it to check, and there was no oil at all in the engine, not even a slight mark on the dipstick!!! Looked at the coolant bottle and thats empty too and I know I topped that up about 3 weeks ago. I'm in shock, i cant believe any-one could be stupid enough to do a turbo exchange, road test the car, drive the car over 3 miles between garages and then return it to a customer without putting the fluids back in it. And I know for a fact he was booting it on road tests because he said it had plenty of pull at 6k revs, and also I went on the test drives with him after I returned the car to fix the misfire! If a cars been ran for around 50-60 miles without oil, how weak is the turbo going to be? Will the bottom end have survived? Is my engine already on the way to siezing. It doesn't feel as powerfull as it did with the T25 but I figured that was because of the lag and once the stage1 bits are on it it'll come to life properly but now I'm concerned that somethings wrong with it? I just cant believe ANY mechanic could be stupid enough to do work on a car and not replace the oil at least...

Malice, I got some picture of the exhaust housing on the turbo uploading aswell now mate.

It's done 50-60 miles with no oil! If I was in your position I'd be having the respected garage strip your engine, and bill the tools who fucked yours up. When they drove that car with no oil on 5th gear I don't think it even managed anywhere near 50 miles.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I cant believe its managed it either, I cant even imagine the damage it might have caused to it. As soon as I topped it up (2.5litres = half way between min and max!) smoke was pooring out, its not smoking at the moment after driving it back home but anything could have gone, the turbo will no doubt be much much weaker for it etc. Absolutely shocked, the worse thing is I can see this being argued aswell by the garage. Threat of small claims court may be coming up on Monday.

ITB'd MK1
you dont lose oil doing this, coolant you do though. Check how much in in the rad, the bottle is an overflow header, not part of the pressure system. There's only 0.5l between min and max on the dipstick too, so dont panic quite yet.
For reference, I used to charge £180 to go this conversion 4/5 years ago, which was too cheap really, should have been £250 for the work/time

Mustang, S13, AX GT
MSL said they would have charged £300, you can see its been done cheaply though seriously. as the alignment was being done today I had a look under the car, and had to tighten the bolts up on the turbo as they were loose. I had to put in 2.5litres of oil Dan, thats more that 0.5l missing ;)
I'll check the coolant when its stopped raining, the overflow tank was at max when it went in, its now empty :( The cars not overheating though so I assume the rads good for coolant for now.

ITB'd MK1
dont assume it's good for coolant!!!!! take the rad cap off and look!!!!

If it was 2.5 litres down when you got it back, it was 2.5 litres down when you gave it to them ;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
It wasn't ;) There has been a couple of drops of oil on the drive so I've been checking it weekly, and topping it up if it needed it. The mechanic who was doing the job didn't have a clue so he's drained it. Radiator to be checked shortly..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no mate them pics dont help i need pics of the back of the turbo... where the end of the actuator attaches to a little flat arm with a circlip on it... where that flat bar goes in to the rear of the turbo there will be a little weld on the rear part of the turbo housing thats what i need pics of lol, u going to trax? i could have a look then.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Sorry mate, I cant get a pic of that I dont think although I have tried on my phone, I just need to get the cable wherever its gone, I didnt think they'd help lol. I cant go to Trax now sadly, but I'll get these pics off my phone up soon.