ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project mk1 FRS

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
  FRS
Your thinking of the o ring that is removable, i have no leaks there, im on about the part where the plastic piece with three holes screws onto the housing, and also when the housing is bolted onto the block i can see the rubber seal around the thermostat poking out the top, i cant remember how it looked when i took it apart such an amateur! Haha

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Your thinking of the o ring that is removable, i have no leaks there, im on about the part where the plastic piece with three holes screws onto the housing, and also when the housing is bolted onto the block i can see the rubber seal around the thermostat poking out the top, i cant remember how it looked when i took it apart such an amateur! Haha

The thermostat housing is made up of 2 bits with 2 seals.

1 - Housing to block with seal
2 - Front part of housing to main housing (held by 3 bolts) which is sealed by the thermostat

Which part is leaking?

FRS
I got it sorted i was being an unreal nugget and had the thermostat against the head! Idiot i know, its sorted now no leaks and running sweet!

FRS
5b228e67e65e181d12ce64181420278f_zpsda28a825.jpg

FRS
Huge relief! There is the tiniest droplet comes out the thermostat housing but i will put a run of sealant along the join at the weekend!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Huge relief! There is the tiniest droplet comes out the thermostat housing but i will put a run of sealant along the join at the weekend!

I would not be messing around with the cooling system of a Focus RS with sealant.

Remove the thermostat housing and fix it properly before it fails completely.

FRS
I would not be messing around with the cooling system of a Focus RS with sealant.

Remove the thermostat housing and fix it properly before it fails completely.

how will it fail completely? The thermostat that sealed it was sealed with ptfe tape before this loctite gasket is meant to be a gasket so fully fit for purpose

FRS
This thing sounds sweet and pops flames for fun! Couldnt get anything else close for the money it cost!

Planning 17" team dyanmics pro race 1.2s shortly !