ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

VRS
Just out of interest re the headunit display, when using the adapter (i'm assuming it the alpine vdi one?) do you just get garbled s**te on the dash screen?

i have an alpine stalk adapter fitted for my alpine h/u, the dash screen stays normal, it displays the time and temp but has 'Alpine' on it instead of the h/u info

BMW M135i
Just out of interest re the headunit display, when using the adapter (i'm assuming it the alpine vdi one?) do you just get garbled s**te on the dash screen?

Yeah his does that, its annoying! How do you fix it? :cool:
You don't I think lol, i've had to revert to my CAD adapter because I just couldn't get it to work. I think its something to do with the new units using the red version of the vehicle display interface as my 9855R which i had before the 9887R I have now worked brilliantly. As the only difference is red vdi on the 9887R and blue vdi on the 9855R I can only put it down to that.

i have an alpine stalk adapter fitted for my alpine h/u, the dash screen stays normal, it displays the time and temp but has 'Alpine' on it instead of the h/u info
Yeh i've got one of those too but the alpine one is waaaay cooler as it displays all types of info on the screen.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got my wheels back on and Im very pleased with them. Ended up sticking with silver but was given 3 choices, silver, silver with flake or silver with extra flake. Went for the extra flake! Makes some difference in the sunshine!

Anyway heres some quick pics of it.

How it started the day

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

Note the tread blocks are starting to peel off!

IMG_2025.jpg

The wheels

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

And them on the car (need 2 new, non stained centre caps)

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

Cheers
John

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
lovely car.... i'd stick a ph2 bumper on and that'll look ace :p
some reason i dont favour the ph1 bumper...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
£4 Ive heard, I'll let you know next week, Im off to buy 2 more. 2 are original and gone a bit yellow, the other 2 are new and whilst not an exact match you can barely tell!

Golf R
Why?! Your an area rep and have a clio!

Think Ive still got your number so will bump into each other no doubt!

John

cliosport stand was sh*t last year.... i spend a bit of time on MS too and plumped to go on theirs.... less Clio's so the car might stand out more ;)

Clio mk1 rally :P
£4 Ive heard, I'll let you know next week, Im off to buy 2 more. 2 are original and gone a bit yellow, the other 2 are new and whilst not an exact match you can barely tell!

well the renault in southend charged me £6 each
at least i have them now :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah well, still not too bad.

Now got both genuine wishbones with new bushes and balljoints, qh discs and mintex pads and yellow konis all waiting to go on, think I'll fit them the end of next week :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got colour coded strips on now and handles on the way, pics soon.

Also after numerous tests with Daves car my sub, spare wheel and tool kit have come out. Will update with the results soonish I hope!

Rb 182
Got colour coded strips on now and handles on the way, pics soon.

Also after numerous tests with Daves car my sub, spare wheel and tool kit have come out. Will update with the results soonish I hope!

:dapprove:

Damn! means i need to remove more weight now!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sod it heres some pics now!

One at FCS when I'd just fitted the colour coded door strips

IMG_2323.jpg

Well pleased with them!

And some from today, no Im not C. Wilkie, Ive just not taken it off yet. Had to take my name off for going to work because of the nature of the job!

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

Cant wait for my handles! May also need to clean it after todays epic trip!!

Cheers
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Iain, yeah they are! RM Coatings in Livi did them for a shade under £200, well pleased with them.

Aye, I forgot to text later on Gareth sorry! Was knackered by the time we left!

Went down the Borders Dave, 150 odd miles. Brakes are well bedded in, tyres are a lost cause and 10 miles from home my CTS went mental again, time to fit the new one methinks!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Forgot to mention, after a few er comparisions with Daves mongrel Ive taken out my sub, spare wheel and toolkit, can defo feel the difference.

Gonna have to keep losing bits as he does more to his car!!

Rb 182
Forgot to mention, after a few er comparisions with Daves mongrel Ive taken out my sub, spare wheel and toolkit, can defo feel the difference.

Gonna have to keep losing bits as he does more to his car!!

As you said via MSN you have more weight to take out! Ill still be on your ass though! :evil:

Edit not in the gay way though

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye Ali, come end of August start of septemnber a set of sportlines will compliment the konis :)

Rory, it feels like it does after putting the ktec on but Ive no prove of that!