ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Clio 182 RB

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
That'll be why it didn't fit properly, new stat from Renault is about £13. Pretty sure there's a rubber seal that comes with it too. I bought 1 from Renault as well as a coolant temp sensor but havent got round to fitting the thermostat yet

That'll be why it didn't fit properly, new stat from Renault is about £13. Pretty sure there's a rubber seal that comes with it too. I bought 1 from Renault as well as a coolant temp sensor but havent got round to fitting the thermostat yet

The one I bout was £13 and it included a rubber seal, so it's probably just a tight fit, I'll keep my eye on it for now, need to take a bit of coolant out later anyway!

Black 200
Some great photography, Clio is looking very nice. I debated getting a blue one but ended up landing on orange. It had to be one of the two slightly larey colours though

Bought a little something off Matthew off here earlier this evening:

7003791538_8ed6db48b5_b.jpg

DSC09990 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Frankly, I can't wait to apply it and top up the Glasur that is already on the car.

I did toy with a nice sealant, but to me, nothing could compare with the feel of applying a top wax. :)

Gave the car a good detail today. Finishing with my new Glasur. Do love it so much, a dream to apply, although a little more grabby than the first time I applied, but my prep today was brief at best :eek:

Will get some decent photos when the sun comes out as its cloudy and miserable at the moment.

We all love some beading shots though:

7227525108_19c44c8fe5_b.jpg

DSC00162 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7227522508_cbea6f2151_b.jpg

DSC00168 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

RB One Eight Two
What a lovely RB mate. So nice to see one standard, they are rare nowadays. Abit lower and it will be spot on, not that i'm bias or anything :eek:

What a lovely RB mate. So nice to see one standard, they are rare nowadays. Abit lower and it will be spot on, not that i'm bias or anything :eek:

Cheers mate, I know that's what kind of motivates me to keep it reasonably straight, the fact that not many of them are any more. Things like black grills and sportlines are acceptable though imo :)

*** WARNING: PIKEY UPDATE ***

Right today I was supposed to be fitting a decat, but it didn't turn up, more on that by lunchtime tomorrow when my deadline for confirmation of postage is up.

So my car is jacked up and waiting to have something done on it, so I thought I would straighten the slightly wonky exhaust, I attempted this but the hangars have been put on by either king kong, or a hammer drill, so I will need a breaker bar and the correct Torx bit (I only had a screwdriver style one, so I couldn't get any leverage on it).

So with 2 jobs now none starters I thought the exhaust could do with a bit of a polish up.

And so begins the pikey ;)

Manual labour in 27 degree heat isn't my thing, so I set about making a polishing pad for my drill, words will probably fail me here, so I will let the pictures do the talking:

7274180184_f1c2448f9c_b.jpg

DSC00195 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274178312_754a561cec_b.jpg

DSC00197 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274177022_3b42cd0670_b.jpg

DSC00199 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274175420_7c1231e904_b.jpg

DSC00201 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274173620_f10841ee06_b.jpg

DSC00204 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274172058_dff1df4865_b.jpg

DSC00207 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274170598_95f0e0fa82_b.jpg

DSC00208 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Happy days, certainly cheaper than buying one :D

So anyway, with that working, I set about getting the exhausts sorted.

Before:

7274169262_73d523a9e1_b.jpg

DSC00209 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7274168072_7412321fd8_b.jpg

DSC00210 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

After:

7274166240_68233cbc30_b.jpg

DSC00224 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Unfortunatly I ran out of time before I had to make a move, so didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but I will make another pad at work (on the lathe so it will be correctly balanced!) and give the whole system a clean up when I do the decat/straighten the system.

Also forgot to mention, I found a lot of fluid on the passenger side rear damper, suggesting that the unit is past its best.

I have had some "washing" at high speeds, so I knew something was wrong, not too fussed as they're not that much of an expensive fix (I will change both sides to new ones) although with a service now knocking on the door, it might be an expensive few weeks :dapprove:

Full credit for the DIY polisher lol, you definitely need a drill mop!

Post it up on detailing world pretending your a n00b using it on paint and ask if tcut is a good polish then post the thread ;)

Results look good :)

Mk2 Ph1
love the idea mate, top job, the car has really come along from day 1 and look sweeeet! Panasonic drill too, good choice ;) just got a set myself, only the best!

Got my decat fitted the other day.

Was a pain in the arse to get the cat off, and the little section that fits into the centre section had to be heated up to get it out!

Anyway we got it done and it sounds tremendous, toxic warning light has appeared already though :(

Decat + no centre silencer ftw :evil:

Got my decat fitted the other day.

Was a pain in the arse to get the cat off, and the little section that fits into the centre section had to be heated up to get it out!

Anyway we got it done and it sounds tremendous, toxic warning light has appeared already though :(

Decat + no centre silencer ftw :evil:

give it a month, it will be off ;) (Your running a Yozza arent you?)

Right, had a bit of a busy few hours over the weekend.

The left rear damper had s**t out all its oil and was knackered, so much so that by the time I came to replace them, it was knocking it's head off :(

Anyway, because photos:

7450599622_961fa6e2ef.jpg

DSC00448 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

I also gave the arches a good scrub down. They have been waxoiled at some point, but whoever did them didn't do quite all the arches, so I will get onto that some point soon.

7450593470_318a72569d.jpg

DSC00457 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7450590800_40f2e2a75f.jpg

DSC00463 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

One other thing I noticed is that my left rear brake line and handbrake line are different colours to the right rear:

7450596488_f0efbd2d56.jpg

DSC00451 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

I know the handbrake was replaced last year by Renault (before I bought it), so is this all that is? Just want to be sure that it's nothing I need to be changing?...

Also some excellent photos came up from Bonxy, big thanks to him for that, hopefully he won't mind me putting them in here :)

7394793180_d4cd6837eb.jpg

YJ54 DUL by cadab, on Flickr

7393231756_fea909545f.jpg

7393235406_865feba183.jpg

7393239728_f2b0752b65.jpg

Replaced the PAS pressure switch yesterday with a genuine Renault replacement after the last one split and dropped all it's PAS fluid :(

Seems to be all fixed now though :)

Yesterday myself and Jon set about a bit of house work prior to our trip around Europe.

The decat was removed and the cat was put back in. The noise was great, but on the motorway it was a little irritating. Hopefully this way will be more comfortable.

We also fixed the washer jets in the form of a new pump. I had been told it was a nightmare of a job but in all honesty it wasn't that bad. The wipers came off easy enough and the mechanism and washer bottle was pretty straightforward too. Anyway they work perfectly fine now and it's a nice luxury all of a sudden! :eek:

After all the work was done I dropped the car back down and went to move it back into it's space on our driveway and after a few moments of loud creaking, the spring broke. Now after some inspection it appears it may have been broken for a little while, although when exactly I don't know as the car has felt perfectly fine. Anyway this morning I replaced the spring for one off a 60k car (mine is on 64k so it makes sense) and we saw just how badly the spring was broken, I will let the pictures do the talking on this one:

7766299988_bfa7f55285_c.jpg

DSC01018 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

7766296360_03f3bb5a66_c.jpg

DSC01019 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

So in all, the spring had broken into 3 pieces! Replacement spring now in place and it feels fine now :) Just thankful it broke on the drive, and not on the Autobahn in a week!

Ford KA
Amazing read went through every post. Hope to get a 182 next year, only 17 now so ambitious but was certainly good inspiration.