ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Clio 182 RB

good progress :) liking the gordini stripes. Did you buy the alacantra and wrap the a pillar yourself?

Nice one, I removed the stripes today as I was growing tired of them :eek:

I bought the A-pillars already wrapped in alcantara, I love them though, so much nicer than the grey plastic :)

Nice one, I removed the stripes today as I was growing tired of them :eek:

I bought the A-pillars already wrapped in alcantara, I love them though, so much nicer than the grey plastic :)

True :), i fancy having a go at wrapping mine myself. Is it much of a pain removing them? do you you have to take the sensor off?

True :), i fancy having a go at wrapping mine myself. Is it much of a pain removing them? do you you have to take the sensor off?

If you have alarm sensors yeah they need to be removed, what style do you have? Mine just popped out and then I unscrewed the holder. Pretty easy to remove, bit of force was needed with mine and the clips are sharp so be careful if you shove your fingers behind to try and get them off!

The car got a mini service yesterday, new spark plugs, oil and a new battery as mine was playing up and it seemed to be on its way out really.

Also changed the carbon box which was tapping away, much better now!

Also managed to get the acoustic valve off too, now running the standard box with just one air feed and it sounds a lot better. Doubt it makes any difderance to the engine power though. Can't wait for the summer already...

Yeah Jon was a big help, Can't of been nice doing your splitter with my drill attachment that works by magic!

Yeah I would've come Rhys, but tbh, couldn't be bothered! Plenty more in the summer!

Recently got back from a nice long weekend up in Edinburgh with the Mrs, fantastic city, so much to see and do there!

The car was fantastic, 450 miles and did 39mpg over the whole journey, was good fun through the mountain roads into Edinburgh too ;)

On the way home I got the standard Forth Rail Bridge shot :)

6892283845_cfd701e3a2_b.jpg

DSC08529 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Today I went down to Oulton Park for the open trackday, took a few photos, but before leaving took the opportunity to stick the car on the scales and see what it weighs at the moment.

6892270093_3047f4a4b1_b.jpg

DSC09071 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Exactly 1100kg which is exactly what I expected tbh!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Nice clean example mate! I thought about the strips on mine but thought better of it!!

Got some organising done last night of all my cleaning bits and pieces, I'm expecting a sizeable delivery today so I wanted everything to have it's place really! Got some boxes from Ikea and organised everything into to the stages of the clean, so washing/cleanising/claying is in one box, ect ect...

Apologies for the phone quality!

6940523341_42845ea3fd_b.jpg

IMAG0287 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Also took delivery of this last night:

6794410038_133ea748a8_b.jpg

IMAG0288 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Packaging is a little botched, but I don't care all that much! Basically a 3 x 4.5m fully waterproof gazebo in black :) Looking forward to setting it up this weekend, have a look at it all properly!

Sick of waiting for decent weather on a weekend when I'm not doing anything, months go by where I can't get the car clean, so this should allow me to do 90% of what I would normally do, whenever I want to do it! In the summer it should also come in handy in providing some shade for the car, hot panels and wax is something I want to leave in the past!!

Got my order through today from Elite Car Care today.

• Drying Towel
  • 5 General Purpose MF Cloths
  • Set of Detailing Brushes
  • Pack of 6 Applicator Sponges
  • 3 Bottles & Spray Heads
  • Dodo Juice Wash Mitt
  • Autosmart Tardis
As you can see in the pictures the Tardis appears to have taken a beating, the box it came in was perfectly fine, so I fear it may have been sent like that. I'm going to email them later so I'm accusing them of nothing at the moment, could well be an honest explanation. The tin is pretty ruined though and barely stands up on its own, I don't want to bend the tin back incase it splits or anything like that. I'll see what they say.

6795617876_a0d7b288d4_b.jpg
DSC09321 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr
6941731807_c69904fde1_b.jpg
DSC09317 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

It'll be getting a big clean next weekend in preperation for the Big Chester Meet, can't wait to do it tbh :D

Emailed the guys at Elite car care, including the above photo, they said the tin is fine and I should just lay it down instead of standing it up.

Pretty poor being completely honest, because there is no way the tin was damaged during transit. The packaging was completely fine. We have some unused 5L chemical tins at work, so I've got one of those, I might try to reshape the tin and if it splits I'll transfer the Tardis into that.

Yeah I don't care if it's a bit dented or something, but as you say, mine is pretty fucked!

They've lost one customer, I know it won't break their backs, but if they do that everytime someone has an issue they'll soon be under.

Yeah I only got it from Elite because they had good stock of everything else, didn't want to order from loads of different companies.

Shinearama all the way from now on tbh!

(Apart from the wax I plan to get!)