ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

production of car harness eye bolts in m10 thread

AGH the sl*g
Right after fitting my harnesses i wanted to use existing mounting points, but on the clio the existing mounting point in the sills isnt the standard 7/16 unf thread like the rears which are easily available.

Now for the sills you require a m10 thread which can be bought but with only a thread length of 23mm but you require 38mm so im looking at getting some fabricated by a local engineers and woundered if i was to buy a bulk amount if any one would be interested?

it would mean a far neater install for your harnesses would be achievable and also mean you could keep your sill trim if required for people still having an interior.

These would be the same coloured eye bolt currently available but with the relavent thread also different thread length may be available,

What do we think?

AGH the sl*g
other thread lengths might also be possible, awaiting reply from an engineering company.

AGH the sl*g
yes hopefully, although im suprised how little interest has been shown considering so many people run harnesses.

AGH the sl*g
I have 2 eyebolts in m10 thread coming, hopefully they are sat at home awaiting my arrival, ill post pics with results and see if anyone is interested, before i order more.