ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with my new 172

clio 182
Hello, i bought my 172 on sunday an drove absolutely fine untill 15 mins ago. i pulled on my drive after a good run an the engine is making a ticking noise, this noise increases when the accerator is pressed. I have added a link for the video which i made. The car has 83k miles an the cambelt an dephaser have been changed. Anyone know what this noise could be?

clio 182
Yeah i have a full invoice from a few years ago cambelt an dephaser, it was only done around 9 thousand miles ago. This noise literally came all of a sudden today, never made any noise since i bought it on sunday

A Few
Hmmm.... we need those more knowledgeable! I'm sure some of the more mechanical/tech members will have some suggestions for you soon. Hopefully something simple, fingers crossed :)

clio 182
Hello, just got bsck from the garage, it was an injector which came loose, he just tightened it an thankfully cars back to normal now, Phew thought it was something alot more costly, £10 an job done.

A Few
Let's hope it's trouble free motoring for a while! I've got one car currently with engine dynamics having cambelt, dephaser, new mounts the works! So I'm gonna be poor! And another I've just got injectors for!