ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prima Racing Exhaust Mounts.

Clio 182 - RB
Anybody shed some light on these?

http://www.primaracing.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=33259

Pros?
Cons?

They do look great and i rate will do the trick of never changing the OEM exhaust hangers on my 182 again but read loads of mixed reviews, my biggest worry is the hanger on the back box snapping...

I do like the idea which @Yellow Dave did with the Powerflex exhaust mounts but i generally don't have the time to do so, i like the idea of just simply unbolt and replace with new. For anybody thats not seen this, please see link; http://www.cliosport.net/threads/uprated-modified-exhaust-mounts.558057/

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Don't bother spending that much.

You won't be able to fine tune the positioning of the exhaust yourself look at the spacing of the holes! Absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to throw it out there too that they look too stiff and I bet within no time at all it will affect the structural integrity of your hangers!

This is what i've done

16065406102_9f1e9aa0bf_b.jpg

16040336506_abd92cf746_b.jpg

Then you can cut a bit of pipe in half and fit that to either side dependant on how much you want it shifting 2mm or so at a time. They've lasted me 7 months like that now with no sign of the original hangers failing despite how cheap they were!

The above method still gives the exhaust a tiny bit of give too so it's not completely stiff which is what you want for the centre section, joints and hangers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41920ca446

Clio 182 - RB
@dann2707 i do agree, they're expensive for what they are but to save myself time and hassle, i would be prepared to buy them. Also i'm not saying because their expensive that their 'the best', well done with what you have done, looking at your progress thread you have plenty of time on your hands [emoji6] Where as i don't (unfortunally) thats why the Prima Racing are ideal for me.

Anybody ever fitted these that can give some feed back?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Don't bother spending that much.

You won't be able to fine tune the positioning of the exhaust yourself look at the spacing of the holes! Absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to throw it out there too that they look too stiff and I bet within no time at all it will affect the structural integrity of your hangers!

This is what i've done

16065406102_9f1e9aa0bf_b.jpg

16040336506_abd92cf746_b.jpg

Then you can cut a bit of pipe in half and fit that to either side dependant on how much you want it shifting 2mm or so at a time. They've lasted me 7 months like that now with no sign of the original hangers failing despite how cheap they were!

The above method still gives the exhaust a tiny bit of give too so it's not completely stiff which is what you want for the centre section, joints and hangers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41920ca446
What a load of b****cks.

The standard Renault rubber will crack and the exhaust will drop. 100%

I've never understood why people keep on bodging these mount up. Plus it looks terrible.
Even when they cut out the old rubber and fit a powerflex mount I've still seen them split.

Cheers Mark.

Yeah never had a problem, exhaust never moved.

Good mod, I wouldn't call it expensive. [emoji2]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What a load of b****cks.

The standard Renault rubber will crack and the exhaust will drop. 100%

I've never understood why people keep on bodging these mount up. Plus it looks terrible.
Even when they cut out the old rubber and fit a powerflex mount I've still seen them split.

Cheers Mark.

Yeah never had a problem, exhaust never moved.

Good mod, I wouldn't call it expensive. [emoji2]

It might look terrible but you can't see it from outside of the car anyway, good for those who drive their car :wink: It's functional and it works and mine hasn't sagged whatsoever, it depends how well it's done I guess.

The OP has a 182 where the positioning of the exhausts is pretty critical and has to be concentric to the exhaust trim, judging by these you're not going to get that fine adjustments with these. You had a 172 with these on and I assume the exhaust positioning didn't matter too much.

Willing to be proven wrong and as always i'll hold my hand up and say sorry but £85 is a lot of money to blow on something if it creates an issue rather than fixing it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If your refuring to my car then it got driven, hard. Just not in the rain.

I could never fit something so poor to my own car, it would play on my mind.

I do see the point with the 182 being different and maybe more adjustment with a bodged up mount fitted.

£85 may be a lot to some, guess we aren't all in the same financial position.

Clio 182 - RB
Hahaha, just banter.

No, it was perfect on my no expense spared ph1. [emoji41]
Seen the ph1, very clean.

Money isn't an issue, main concern is 'if' the bracket on my exhaust snapped causing it to leave a hole having to get it welded/new cat back i'd be p1ssed.

Arctic 182
I've got them (prima) on my car as i got fed up with the standard ones breaking, even when i done something similar to the above by inserting multiple bits of piping and several cable ties but it still sagged after a while followed by the exhaust knocking.
the Prima ones do not have any room for movement but my janspeed/ktec supersport seems to fit fairly straight, im going to use some metal ties to straighten the right pipe slightly.
ive had them fitted for about a year and i havent had any issues (touches wood).
i got them 2nd hand off here for about half that price but i cant imagine they will come up that often.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I'm gonna do the fill it with high temp sealent, I'll then wrap it in good old duct tape or something so it can't break down and fall out.. Shazam..

Read it in the other hanger thread, sounds a good idea as it strengthens the existing like the modifications above..

The red polys are sh1te..

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I pumped my standard mount full of tigerseal, and smoothed it off with an old credit card, leaving it for a week and will report how it goes.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I pumped my standard mount full of tigerseal, and smoothed it off with an old credit card, leaving it for a week and will report how it goes.
I'd rather do it this way, at least you can make it look okay.

I'd put it on some greaseproof paper.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
After masticing the whole house, I found a bowl of water and wetting the credit card helped to smooth it, im quite happy really it looks almost factory. If it doesnt work I will go for a Prima mount. I had the sealant anyway so hasnt cost anything.
Tried the powerflex bushes and they constantly popped out or sagged and looked a bit of a bodge imo.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Just ordered the Prima Racing mounts for my 182, will report back once fitted [emoji4]

Wowzers... If you only need to buy them once its value for money.. I've changed quite a few..

I think the left one gets a harder time, always seems to shaft that mount in no time.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I too use the "Powerflex bodge" Granted, it's not the prettiest mount ever, and many cable ties are needed! However it does the job and I haven't had any issues. If I get any further issues though, I will be getting the Prima mounts for sure!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If your doing it pikey style then get some bits of tube/old sockets or even card rolled up and wedge them in the lower triangles. Then get some tiger seal and smear the whole lot up, both sides (obviously tidy it up and leave the exhaust slot) and let it set for a good 24hrs. Cost me all of £11 Inc the mount! Still spot on till this day over a year later.

The prima ones look proper quality though and will last a long time. Both the prima and the pikey versions will have hard rubber but there will still be flex so best of both. Poweflexis just too pikey and didn't work IME.

I thought the prima mounts were £35 :confused: For the price that they are, I'd certainly try my first suggestion, from a cost point of view.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It looks sh1t but the sealent is both sides and covers all the existing rubber.. It feels pretty tough already but might just wrap it in duct tape to hide the hideous smoothing I did and keep it super solid..
image.jpg

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Even if I was millionaire I wouldn't spend £85 quid on those especially when a powerflex mount fitted inside the original mount or even a new ebay mount is a better option at a fraction of the price. People saying money is no option and they are in strong finacial position.... lmao. All they have done is spray a ebay mount black, drill some holes in a bit of rubber and stick it inside lol.