ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pre 2004 1.2 16v Clio - missfiring

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
been working on a mates car today, its a pre 2004 D4F 1.2 16v, its missfiring massively, emissions light is flashing, i assume this is because the lambda is detecting un burnt fuel?

i changed the plugs on it today as they were the originals !!
checked all engine wiring for any broken or worn wires, all sensors are connected up fine

im trying to get hold of someone with another one to swap coil packs over to try it.

i know these engines are a nightmare so any other simple/cheap fixes i should look into first, hes on a tight budget so cant really afford to be clutching at straws with new parts and no point putting it in for a diagnostics check if theirs something free i can try first!

cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Most proberbly a coil pack issue as already suspected but diagnostics would say for sure... and you may need them anyway to kill the MIL light.

Mick

Megane dci 130
They need genuine renault plugs in my experience. Coil pack is common and also iv seen tight tappets causing missfires.