ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflow!

Drivin round as you do, visiting banks to pay off me bills, so thought id have a look in powerflow on the way back. only went and took the credit card didnt I!, so now in about 2 hours i will have a new exhaust! Cool!

Then on the way out I saw lowering springs too!! they are made by PI, does anyone know if these springs are any good? i hadnt heard of them before

clio williams, Ph1 172

Ive heard they are pretty good but they tend to be lower than they say. So say 40mm is nearer 50-55 maybe.

Yea, PI springs are ok.. few people have them.

Hope you like your zhaust - I loved mine! hehe.

How much is the zorst? Is it cat back or a full system?

Im now thinking of getting a twin 3inch, would get k-tecs but not sure if going to Dorset is worth it.

-Rob

Thats what i am gettin, 3inch twin, I though i would have to get a full system but they are going to chop me old one and fit the new one on to it.

£125 inc vat, which i thought aint bad at all, + lifetime garantee

Quote: Originally posted by maff on 07 May 2003

Thats what i am gettin, 3inch twin, I though i would have to get a full system but they are going to chop me old one and fit the new one on to it.

Let me know how it goes mate, ideally i want to make sure it would fit snugly under the bumper (something k-tec has an advantage over everyone else is their height adjustable exhausts).

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 07 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by maff on 07 May 2003

Let me know how it goes mate, ideally i want to make sure it would fit snugly under the bumper (something k-tec has an advantage over everyone else is their height adjustable exhausts).

-Rob
Powerflow can get the exit anywhere.. I originally had mine snuggly under bumper.. but when I got the bodykit, I had to have it raised 3 1/2 inches.. I thought I might have to get a new exhaust made, but they managed to get it perfect!

Paid £40 to get it adjusted, so wasnt bad at all!

Just got back, been drivin round for a while, the exhaust is really good, perfect fit, sounds nice and i think i can pull away quicker, only a little bit but noticable for a 1.2

I had the bumper cut slightly just so that it came out straight and not at an angle. They asked me how i wanted it to sound! didnt expect that! I wanted a rumble but not ott, and thats what i got.

Ill try and get a pic up later.

I checked out a local place who do Powerflow exhausts and their welding is appalling! Im not saying any of the people here have poor quality exhausts however.

My question is can any garage setup as a powerflow dealer and fit these exhausts?

i recently had a small section made and had to refit it myself after 20 miles after paying £50 for it!:mad:

its got lifetime warranty on welding, fitting and the likes. So even if somethin does go wrong i feel quite comfortable that i can get it replaced, powerflow is just down the road from me which is useful also. I think most stainless exhausts have quite good warranties now though dont they? Ill just keep an eye on it for a while just to make sure its settlin in ok!

I was expecting a big powerflow building at first, but then realised it is just a garage that sells them, it would be interesting to see what kind quality standards powerflow expect from a garage.

I have just got a 5 inch powerflow exhaust from top gear in st.albans.Its full system and de-cated for £300 and that includes a lifetime guarentee and it sounds the b*****ks.I also got my car lowered at r-tech with pi springs and i was pretty impressed with how smooth the ride was especially as i only changed the springs!

by the way does anyone know how to put a picture on here?

Willy2

Rich P-thats where i got my powerflow, my mate is the manager but i paid the same price so you havent been done!

Is that definetly 3 inch? Looks smaller than that to me. Not sure about cutting the bumper to be honest, what happened to them being able to make the exhaust exit where ever you wanted it to?

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 08 May 2003

Is that definetly 3 inch? Looks smaller than that to me. Not sure about cutting the bumper to be honest, what happened to them being able to make the exhaust exit where ever you wanted it to?

-Rob
They gave me the choice, cut or not.. I chose not..

Well, I went there.. £160 for mine.. and then £40 for just over an hours work to get it adjusted! (About 5 months after I had it fitted).

Very weird..

Daz.

I went to the dreaded Xtreme in Harlow as they are powerflow dealers but the guy was so feckin rude & looked at me like I had just driven a Lada onto his forecourt that I decided to go elsewhere. I asked him stuff about the different tailpipes, sounds etc & he was so un- interested it was untrue.

Really torn between a Devil rear box or a K-Tech but it is a distance to go to Dorset !!

Squirt 172,

Would recommend devil on a 172 (i have one). The back box sits at the angle, looks quite agressive.

If I can get my hands on a digital cam ill send you some pics.

Biggy

cant beleive all you lot are getting higher prices, mine was 125 all done and dusted that included my choice of tail pipes! there are loads to choose from, icould have had 4" twin tail pipe if i wanted, but didnt want it too loud! Got mine from the plymouth branch. was driving through multi-story car park today, it set off loads of alarms!! :)

Where seem to be the best dealers then? Thinking of getting a zorst if the MOT goes well!!! :confused: (Preferably close-ish to Northants)

Can anyone recommend a decent Powerflow dealer in the West Midlands? Ive already spoken to one - the A44 Exhaust Shop in Worcester. They quoted me 250 quid for a single 3" tail pipe - CAT back system.

The last thing I need is another sh*tty exhaust!!!

Ive got a longlife twin exit 3" rolled cat back system on mine and that cost £450!!! i dunno how u lot are gettin everythin so cheap!!:eek:

£450 for cat back..

Mine from Powerflow, Cat-back would have been £240.. must be different materials or summat.