ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex or not are they worth it ?

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
Clio 172
Hi all I am just seeking some advice I am just about to start buying parts for the build up of my track car project I have been thinking of going for fully powerflex setup I just wondered if anyone had an opinion on them is it worth doing. Was going to go for the camber adjustable wishbone bushes then just buy a complete set plus the steering rack bush set the rear arm bush set and then rear top mounts.
Thanks in advance regards : mike

182 ff
I put powerflex dogbone bushes on(purple),,, vibrates abit,settled down, tell the different straight away.. if you don't have them .get them..
don't know about the other stuff.

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
Thanks for the feedback I think I am just going to go for it was just going for the purple ones all round The front wishbone camber adjust set all seem to be the black ones but I read some feedback else they where ok I just dont want to start rebuilding to take it all apart and do it again later. Cheers!

Renault Clio 172 cup
As above can recommend the dog bone one, especially for a track car. Improved my gearchange without any doubt, a little extra vibration but I kinda like that, you can feel what the engine is doing more.
Also recently fitted the rear suspension ones, made it all feel a little stiffer but nothing drastic to be honest. Can report back in a few days as this weekend am helping a mate do steering rack, wishbones , and front arb bushes on his clio.

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
Good stuff thanks for your Feedback I think I will get them ordered tonight I want to try and get the car built up then I will finish off the engine.
Thanks Regards : Mike

Renault Clio 172 cup
Yeah, buggers to fit , probably worth doing the front arb bushes at the same time as loosening off the arb helps with access to the steering rack. There is a how to guide in the cliosport guides section which we used and it came in very useful, tells you roughly what tools you'd need and the general order to do things in.

In terms of effect on car... bearing in mind we did wishbone bushes, front arb bushes and steering rack bushes all in powerflex black on my mates car, he took it out for a very brief test drive of the roundabouts of Luton and said it felt more go-cart like, very very immediate steering response and he swears blind he had it on 3 wheels around a roundabout. Certainly no negative comments on the handling. We're doing the trackday that loads on here are doing at Bedford in a few weeks time so can maybe give some more feedback after that and he's already done a good few trackdays in the car previously so it should be a good comparison. I've got the steering rack ones sitting on my shelf waiting to go on also.

Odyssey 172 phase 1
I have yellow poly ones on my wishbones and purple on the arb, and i would strongly recommend them as the car feels more responsive, they last longer, and sometimes they are cheaper. If you are buying then get yellow or purple if the car is on road as well as a track as the black or red are horrendously stiff on the road.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I have yellow poly ones on my wishbones and purple on the arb, and i would strongly recommend them as the car feels more responsive, they last longer, and sometimes they are cheaper. If you are buying then get yellow or purple if the car is on road as well as a track as the black or red are horrendously stiff on the road.

Do you know what the order of stiffness is at all? Always wondered which is stiffer between yellow and purple.

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
Thanks for all of the feedback guys I have just ordered some parts off e bay, I have almost just doubled the amount I have in my car I paid £400 with a snapped timing belt with a view to building a track only car I have just ordered the below
Front lower camber adjust Black edition powerflex bush set.
Steering rack bush set Black powerflex ones
Rear arm Black edition powerflex ones
And then I had to stop cause the missus realised how much I had spent I will just have to wait till she goes out to order the rest but I plan to do the full car in them because I have often wondered if they would be any good but never got round to doing them on any of my other cars. I am going to order the shocks next month I have been looking at the spax RSX coil overs but I have read a few reviews which dont look to good so still reading up before I buy some. When I get the car on the track I will let you all know if the Powerflex are any good.

Odyssey 172 phase 1
Thanks for all of the feedback guys I have just ordered some parts off e bay, I have almost just doubled the amount I have in my car I paid £400 with a snapped timing belt with a view to building a track only car I have just ordered the below
Front lower camber adjust Black edition powerflex bush set.
Steering rack bush set Black powerflex ones
Rear arm Black edition powerflex ones
And then I had to stop cause the missus realised how much I had spent I will just have to wait till she goes out to order the rest but I plan to do the full car in them because I have often wondered if they would be any good but never got round to doing them on any of my other cars. I am going to order the shocks next month I have been looking at the spax RSX coil overs but I have read a few reviews which dont look to good so still reading up before I buy some. When I get the car on the track I will let you all know if the Powerflex are any good.

sounds like a good build, will be a bit stiffer with them upgrades

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
I have always wanted to build a pure track car I have had a go at a few things fixing right off s and that but I have never really been that fussed as my road cars always been quiet nippy with decent handling but a few months back I made the hard decision to part with my 350z roadster and I bought a a5 tdi cabby which must have the equivalent handling of a oil tanker so I deffo need a speed handling fix as I am so board with the audi hence I want this project to come good.