ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex Bushes

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Not sure if I have put this in the correct section or not, mods please feel free to move to the relevant forum.

I have recently had a set of Powerflex bushes fitted to the wishbones and the dog bone mount on my 182. It has made a huge difference to the feel of the car but a little more vibration through the body. The turn in is noticeably sharper and the car feels nice and tight like it should. I did replace the original bushes which had done 48k and 3 track days so I think if I had just gone for original replacements the car would have felt better anyway but overall I am impressed with the improvement. Anyone who has old bushes / mounts, I would recommend you get them replaced as you forget how good these cars feel when they are nice and tight. My car isn't a daily drive so the extra vibration isn't an issue but I think it would put some off. Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on these in case anyone is considering them :)

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Oh and I fitted a set of Mintex 1144's too, good initial bite and quite strong braking effort. Feel similar to the Pagid RS42's I have on my Elise. Not a bad pad for the money :)

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Not sure, my Dad ordered them for me. Said he got them off Ebay. Will find out later if you want or just search Ebay ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was just curious really. Thinking of getting mine done, see if it makes a nice noticable difference.

Dan.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I was just curious really. Thinking of getting mine done, see if it makes a nice noticable difference.

Dan.

There is a big difference, I've done my ARB plus wishbones and turn in is a lot better, there's no give. They are around £100 for both but I would do it again any day.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys and apoogies if it seems ive jumped the thread. Will have a nosey on ebay

Dan

clio sport 182
hey guys,

little bit of topic but in some way related to the bushes.

there is a car meet on the wrexham industrial estate next sunday (24th) which polybush will be attending. im gonna get a price for my 182 from them on the day.

seems like most of you arnt far away so pop down if your not busy?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Would do mate but its me and the g/f's aniversary. Be a good idea getting a price though/group buy maybe

Dan

Lionel Richie
Not sure if I have put this in the correct section or not, mods please feel free to move to the relevant forum.

I have recently had a set of Powerflex bushes fitted to the wishbones and the dog bone mount on my 182. It has made a huge difference to the feel of the car but a little more vibration through the body. The turn in is noticeably sharper and the car feels nice and tight like it should. I did replace the original bushes which had done 48k and 3 track days so I think if I had just gone for original replacements the car would have felt better anyway but overall I am impressed with the improvement. Anyone who has old bushes / mounts, I would recommend you get them replaced as you forget how good these cars feel when they are nice and tight. My car isn't a daily drive so the extra vibration isn't an issue but I think it would put some off. Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on these in case anyone is considering them :)

hope you remembered to weld the sleeve to the wishbones!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm waiting on the ARB bushes coming from eBay at the moment to do this :) Strutbracer were the cheapest for me & free post to N. Ireland too!

I've had the wishbone and dogbone bushes for a while but never got round to fitting them - my dogbone is shot and I have 2 new wishbones going on
so the car will be having a full powerflex transformation over the next week or two :)

The extra vibration from the dogbone bushes isn't as noticeable or "beds in" after a few 100 miles, or so I've read on here from a few people
If not, I don't mind having that feeling of sitting in the c*ckpit of a Sea King!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've got a dogbone bush here, waiting for the right moment to get it fitted. I've noticed that there are 2 sizes on the ARB bush 23mm and 25mm. Are their different to model type or just what ever Renault put on at assembly?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Euro Car Parts stock power flex bushes .

I have done my dog bone and my wish bone bushes with power flex ones.

Next is my ARB bushes that i will be getting from there also.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is it possible to measure the size needed without taking the ARB bushes off?

I might get them from ECP too

"Navy" N17 TWO
Finally got round to fitting my Powerflex bushes to the dogbone today - took it for a run and WOW :) so much better!

Anyone know how to go about fitting the wishbone bushes, or more to the point - where to position the metal sleeves when tack-welding them?

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Finally got round to fitting my Powerflex bushes to the dogbone today - took it for a run and WOW :) so much better!

Anyone know how to go about fitting the wishbone bushes, or more to the point - where to position the metal sleeves when tack-welding them?

The new design now doesn't require any welding.. Also impossible to missalign! Check the powerflex website to see it!

S3, Polo
Do the new and old variants have the same part number? Just wondering because I don't want to buy a set of old stock parts...

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the old type, been doing a lot of reading through the forum & online.

Come to the conclusion that the sleeve goes in first (push through from the inside) until it's flush on the inside of the arm, then tack-welded in place before fitting

I might even sell them and use the stock bushes already in the arms!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Just a headsup.....the new bushes are with the 'rockhard' black bushes.........how bad are they for road use?

I have asked if they can be ordered with purple aswell....

Hi Sudesh

Thank you for your e-mail

The redesigned bushes are made from our black material which has a shore rating of 95

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Lauren Chambers ~ Sales Assistant

EPTG Ltd
POWERFLEX
7 Union Buildings
Wallingford Road
Uxbridge
UB8 2FR
ENGLAND

Tel: (+44) 01895 460033
Fax: (+44) 01895 520095
sales@powerflex.co.uk
[URL="http://www.powerflex.co.uk"]www.powerflex.co.uk[/URL]
image001.gif@01CD91A0.B3679F80

Sent: 13 September 2012 11:09
To: POWERFLEX - World Leaders in Polyurethane Suspension Bush Technology
Subject: PFF60-301 Front Lower Wishbone Bush

Hi,

I have a question about these bushes, I see you have changed the design to make it easier to fit and give a more positive location.

Good to see you keep developing a product to make it better.

I was wondering about the colour of the bushes, I know that powerflex black bushes have traditionally been the harder version (ie racing).

Is the new bush in this set made of the same material?

can you confirm the Shore hardness (i think the usual range is yellow=60, purple=70 and black=90)

Regards,

Sudesh Bhagwandin

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
and a speedy reply...

"Hi Sudesh

No these will not be made in purple now as we have found the black material has the most suitable properties

Kind Regards

Lauren Chambers ~ Sales Assistant"

looks like we'll be losing our teeth then...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My purple ones on my turbo are slightly out of shape.

They have done under 1K miles.

Purple FTL

I will either swap to black soon, or go rosejoints.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've done 94k now and just had the Dog Bone mount done yesterday and, as soon as i started it up i felt the difference. Feels tighter and there is vibration which i knew they would be and it's not too bad. Driving wise it feels much better :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've done 94k now and just had the Dog Bone mount done yesterday and, as soon as i started it up i felt the difference. Feels tighter and there is vibration which i knew they would be and it's not too bad. Driving wise it feels much better :)

I bet mate, transform the car going from a knackered standard one to a new standard one or an uprated one, it makes a massive difference.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm not too sure if i imagined it but it seems to pull little bit faster? Am i wrong in saying so?