ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering gone on V6

Help anyone!I found a quiet wide private carpark & tried my hand at getting the rear out on my mk1 V6, couldnt do it & then the steering went really heavy!!! Any idea where the reseivour is??? has this happened to anyone else?? if it helps, the steering did wine on full lock at low speeds before. Gut feeling it might be bad!!

E91 M Sport

A very similar thing happened to me when I first got mine. I had the steering on full-right lock (trying some arse-out moments in the work carpark) and it suddenly started grinding really loudly. I tried to turn the steering back, but it would just grind and the engine would strain.

In the end, after turning off the engine and restarting, I yanked it really hard (the steering) and it freed itself up. Not had any problems since then!
The reservoir location should be in the manual, but from memory, Im sure its in the front boot.

im sure its in the engnie bay. i ran without my covering for a few weeks and can recall seeing it in there. deffo not in the front, you only got brake fluid there.

jay - isnt your car still under warranty? and can we have somie pics of your new exhaust ;)

yep, still under warranty, so will get it looked at this week, ill check the fluid level first though.

Will get some pics this weekend, with the shiney new noisy exhaust, hopefully get a vid as well, just so you guys can hear the monster!!!!

cheers for the advice, glad its not just me its happened too!!

Whats this Jay.............a new exhaust..............I must have missed that one :confused:

Some people just cant see green cheese eh :D

These warranties are worth thier weight in gold eh :cool:

By the way these things can happen on any car........just before we get the kill joys coming out of the woodwork :D

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 23 January 2005 at 7:23pm]

Booked in with Renault to look at this week. PHEW!! Stu, u are right, the warrenty is worth its weight in gold!!

Thanks everyone for your advice!!

Nothin will put me off the joys of owning my V6!!!!

glad you getting it sorted, now back to the more important issue - why couldnt you get the back out!?

mine comes out easy and ive got eagle F1s!