ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

Megane 225 F1
Re: Possible new splitter found!!

Ok this is going to be really tight for time, but if i go to my nearest one tomorow which happens to be 30 miles away, will they stock them or will i have to attempt to get it friday and fit it before saturday

Clio 182

I had to order mine in, Yeovil had none in stock. Only takes a day to be sent down.

Ordered mine Tuesday evening, picking it up tomorrow morning on me way to work.

Megane 225 F1

Going to be a real tight squeeze to get it for the show on staurday then lol

CLIO PH1 172

ordered mine late Monday picked it up this morning only takes 15mins to fit you could fit it at the show if you picked it up sat tbh lol

Megane 225 F1

Meeting for the show at 7am lol. Just going to order it and if i can fit it then brilliant, if not, oh well

Clio 182

Just picked mine up and didn't have to say anything and the dealer asked if it was for a Renault Clio lol!

Apparently Skoda Yeovil have shifted a fair few splitters this week haha!!

Shall be fitting this weekend :)

LHD ph1 172

ordinered mine, it will come on monday...

less than 14£ here in Italy too...that's very strange...

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Alrite guys,

I managed to bash my original one the other day, can anyone confirm the correct part number? 5J0 807 061 9B9 or 5JL 807 061 9B9

Cheers.

Clio 172mk2

near enough straight fwd , didnt take me long , took longer to jack it up and find some bricks.

u cut about 2-3 cm off each side thats it, its faily flexible rubber/plastic.

Just a case of leave slight over hang on one side , get some one to hold it in right spot , pilot hole then screw, then just hold it in place to curve of bumper, and continue screwing where necessary. Then cut off excess either end.

Trophy

Do you need to take the star keys out or can u work around them but also keeepin the splitter flush?

Clio 172mk2

do u mean the arch liner screws or under tray bit , just cut a notch out of it if u want to , but itll flex over and go around em

Clio 182

No need to jack the front up :rasp:, get on your hands and knees!!

I left the torx in, it is flexible so just screw around them and happy days. Yea a bit of trimming is needed either side, only an inch or so that has to be removed.

Took me 30mins to fit, only because I held the splitter up with the tabs in place and thought, this isn't going to work! So whipped out the hacksaw and took all the tabs off.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Cheers Marco.

Picking mine up today after phoning and placing the order wahay!!

What size self tappers? 20mm from Halfrauds is it?

Excellent thread this. I'm going to try and get in with the cool kids and buy one tomorrow. :)
What diameter and length of self self tapper are people using? Cheers in advance!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Here it is!

169oz6w.jpg

Cost me £14.32 but i think that's because it came from the Warehouse within a couple of hours! dealer didn't have them in stock but they were having a delivery to which they kindly added this to, top service!!

Highly recommend Mitchell Skoda Chester, if anyones about that area ask for Tom.

Black 172

Excellent thread this. I'm going to try and get in with the cool kids and buy one tomorrow. :)
What diameter and length of self self tapper are people using? Cheers in advance!

I used 3.5mm x 12mm self tappers, brought from homebase £1.49 pack of 10(picked up 2 packs), i used 12 of them around the splitter. Job done :approve:

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001

Excellent,just checked autosales in bilston and its £10.19 for this skoda splitter,going to pick it up the end of the week,ssswweeeeeet.

Megane 225 F1

Depending on my drinking habits after college in a bit, i may pick mine up this afternoon and fit. People think its easier raised or just sat on the ground?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001

My clio has still got standard springs n coils so i`ll see how it looks once fitted.

Fabia vrs tdi

This is gonna sound stupid but if u buy the screws do u get ones that come with bolts to hold it in place? I thought my bumper only had 4 or 6 holes in it for the original splitter

Megane 225 F1

I think what most people arre doing is using self tapping screws to hold in place. They will go through the splitter and bumper easily and hold the splitter in place

Fabia vrs tdi

Ok wasn't sure they would screw into the bumper so easily. Will get along to my skoda dealership soon.

Will just have to park one side on a kerb to get under it properly

Fabia vrs tdi

Is it really that simple to fit? Just get excess off at side and screw it into bumper? That's it lol

Nissan 350z

Haha just called my local Skoda garage to order one:

Me: "Heres the part number...."
Him: "Are you buying this to fit to a Renault?"
Me: "Err yes how did you know?"
Him: "Ive sold a couple of these now to Renault owners. You read about this on the internet right?"
Me: "Of course"

That was: http://www.skoda.co.uk/retailers/clock_garage/home.aspx

Good old Cliosport :)

Clio 182

Fitted mine at the weekend.

I found it easier to jack up the car, and then drill pilot holes through splitter in to bumper and screw in place. Obviously starting with middle of splitter and fitting to middle of bumper first then take it from there. Then used a hacksaw and file to get the excess of and make it pretty.

Sits flush with the bumper and looks awesome! £12 well spent.

Him: "Ive sold a couple of these now to Renault owners. You read about this on the internet right?"

I went to the one in Nottingham... Looked at me a bit funny when they realised it was for the Clio haha!

PM'd you back btw pal!

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Took me around 20 mins to fit. I done it on the ground with a stubby screwdriver. My cars lowered on eibach sportlines too.

Megane 225 F1

I explained to my dealer why i was doing it for a clio. He then said that the guy he spoke to to order it in for me said they had been selling rediculusly quick lol