ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

Black 1.2 Extreme
I live in Huddersfield and I'm wanting to order a Skoda Fabia splitter to fit my MK2 clio
Where will be closest Skoda dealer be? could someone link me to it please as I am no good with these things

Black 1.2 Extreme
what mm self tapered screws will be best to fit the splitter to the front bumper?

Last edited:
i used 3.5 x 20mm self tappers form homebase but wilkinson's is cheaper.

This is how i did it (No drill needed):-

- Using a stanleyknife/blade cut the tabs so the splitter is flush with the bumber, soft material so its easy.
- Screw all your self tappers into the splitter first, i started from the middle and worked my way out. This make's it easier to screw straight into the bumper.
- with the car jacked up on axel stands, i got under and held the splitter up i then screwed the centre one in first and then worked my way round. (i had someone making sure it was flush as i screwed).
- Once fitted using the stanley knife/blade cut the ends flush to match the bumper.
- job done.

There is of course other ways to do it, e.g. drilling pilot holes but no need really.

Black 1.2 Extreme
How many screws should I need to put in to secure it, one in the middle one on each end and then one in the middle of each?

Impreza Wagon
i used 3.5 x 20mm self tappers form homebase but wilkinson's is cheaper.

This is how i did it (No drill needed):-

- Using a stanleyknife/blade cut the tabs so the splitter is flush with the bumber, soft material so its easy.
- Screw all your self tappers into the splitter first, i started from the middle and worked my way out. This make's it easier to screw straight into the bumper.
- with the car jacked up on axel stands, i got under and held the splitter up i then screwed the centre one in first and then worked my way round. (i had someone making sure it was flush as i screwed).
- Once fitted using the stanley knife/blade cut the ends flush to match the bumper.
- job done.

There is of course other ways to do it, e.g. drilling pilot holes but no need really.
When you say cut off the tabs does this mean the 16 or so clip like things?

Show the under side of the spiltter:-
img0940af.jpg

Not the best pic to show it, but see all the little black bits on the floor there the things that need chopping off to make the spiltter flush with the bumper. They are on the top of the spiltter(so the reverse side to that pic).

yeah all the black tabs that stick out around the edge...I did it in an effort to get a flush fit. Lined it up with the mark in the middle and then just screwed directly in using 12mm self tappers

Impreza Wagon
Thanks both, I'll get to work on it this evening in preperation for fitting tomorrow. I still need to remove the original screws from where the old splitter was!

Clio 182
Bargain, Ordered 1 min ago with local skoda dealer. £10.27 :D

such a cool mod for such a cheap price. Will pop a pic up when done .

Clio 182
Well just got it fitted, doddle with a electric screwdriver/drill. Max 15 mins. Didn;t think there was sucha awesome mod for £12 until i saw this thread. Bargain!

Bought one of these from the local Skoda dealer yesterday for about £12, gotta wait till Tuesday to pick it up though as it wasn't in stock

They had no idea that these fit to Renault Clios though.

Black 1.2 Extreme
Ive just tried + failed to fit my splitter

I carnt physically see what there is to actually screw into on the car or how it would be positioned
Does anyone have any adive or pics?

Ive just tried + failed to fit my splitter

I carnt physically see what there is to actually screw into on the car or how it would be positioned
Does anyone have any adive or pics?

Hey mate....I sank my screws into the top of the splitter, then lined it up before screwing straight through both the rubber of the splitter and the bottom of the bumper.

If you get under the car and look directly upwards you should see that underneath the bumper there is a small lip that you can just screw straight into.

275 Trophy
Fitted mine at work in 15-20 minutes, including jacking and axle stands. Used these:

http://www.shop4fasteners.co.uk/acatalog/Steel_To_Steel_Self_Drilling_Screw_Bonded_Washer.asp

I know it says steel to steel but they're fine for plastic to plastic...

Put a M10 cap head bolt into a electric drill with the thread in the chuck, so that the head of the screw fits into the head of the M10 bolt, and away you go. No need for pilot holes or aching arms. Literaly takes seconds per bolt. I put 10 in. Doesn't need that many to hold it but it follows the shape of the bumper better if you put them closer together towards the sides of the bumper.

Hope that helps some that are / were struggling.

Well the first "warm" weekend and i fitted the second splitter to the REAR of my 172. fits really well, same process as the front just chop off the ends. Makes the back that tiny bit more aggressive.
quite happy with the results for £12

Clio 1.2
so does this splitter only fit the rs bumper as i was thinking of getting one for my 2001 1.2 clio. i dont want to buy it to find it doesnt fit...

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
so does this splitter only fit the rs bumper as i was thinking of getting one for my 2001 1.2 clio. i dont want to buy it to find it doesnt fit...

What you have to do is fit it and then chop off one of the ends as the skoda fabia that it is originally made for is wider.:cool:

Ph2 Clio 172
LOL at the comment in the description on the Skoda Parts site:

Can be modified to fit Renault Clio Sport

There must be more Clio Owners buying these now than Fabia owners!

Is the part number on that site (5J08070619B9) the right one to give them at a Skoda dealer to order it in?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I got the seemingly standard response from my local Skoda dealer this morning...

"You've got a Clio, right?".

LOL

Can't wait to fit it...mine's been without a splitter for 4 of its 8 years.

275 Trophy
can some one put a guide up for noobs?

I didn't take any pics mate, but it really is easy. Jacking the car up and putting on axle stands took longer. You're only screwing 1 bit of plastic to another. Don't trim the splitter until you're happy with it's position - that way you can always re-position it if needed. I used an electric drill and self-drilling self tapping screws.

Artic 182FF
Just ordered mine this afternoon from Horton Skoda in Lincoln for the princely sum of £12.32. I pick it up Tuesday because of the bank holiday.

The bloke saw my Clio on the forecourt and asked if it was for it, he said he's ordered more for Clios than Fabia's.

Clio RS 182
I've got one on offer if anyone wants it. Unused and still have original box.

£10 and collection is preferred from CM17 (Harlow) as the box is pretty large and I cant be arsed to post to tell the truth:eek:

I feel left out for not getting the "Oh is it for your clio?" response now :(

Fitting is really simple, just make it up as you go along!

• Self-tapping screws would probably be more a bit more secure and quicker, but a 2mm pilot hole + 15 or so random wood screws worked absolutely fine.
  • The 10mm lip on the splitter is probably fine, but it can't hurt to position your screws on the wider "tabs" to reduce the chance of it tearing off should you reverse down a kerb.
  • You will need to trim about 40mm off LATER, needless to say fit as much as you can before cutting it off incase you cut too much off. They have nice squared off ends from the injection moulding, but at least one of these will have to go when you cut it to size: either cut circa 20mm off either end for symmetry, or if you're lazy like me just whack the splitter on and have uneven looking ends (I cleaned mine up with a dremel to make it nice and smooth) which you won't notice unless you specifically look.
  • Start at one end, screw a portion on, then make sure the curvature is looking good before holding it in place and putting in another screw 20 - 30cm further on.

Needless to say this will make your front bumper 15mm lower so if your car is already silly-low you might scrape some speed bumps or cats. I can confirm that it is equally as good at sticking flies to itself as the standard renault bumper. On a VRS it appears to clip in hence there are raised notches on the protruding tabs, I used a dremel to remove these notches to make sure I'm screwing a flat surface to a flat surface - however since no-one else has mentioned these it can't exactly be crucial to getting a good fit.

Pics? Sounds interesting

Seconded.