ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

possible 911 beater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  renaultsport clio182
let my brother loose in my pocket rocket today:dead:lol. i started by telling him he would need to warm her up first before being rough with her (she likes it rough) and as there was 3 of us in the car i dont think he was expecting that much to be honest, because he was coming out with comments like "it sounds ok dosnt it" and "hey its quite nippy for a clio".
soooo getting sick of his arsey comments i told him to drop it down a couple, and also before he did to make sure he had tight hold of the wheel!!!
once we were all planted firmly into our seats and the miltek was growling and making our ears bleed, he looked over at me with a worried/scared/iv just shat my pants look on his face and said.....i bet this would give chris's porsche a run for its money (my other brother has a 911 carrera 4s).
i just looked over at him and smiled.....:D and said....yeah nippy for a clio lmao

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
let my brother loose in my pocket rocket today:dead:lol. i started by telling him he would need to warm her up first before being rough with her (she likes it rough) and as there was 3 of us in the car i dont think he was expecting that much to be honest, because he was coming out with comments like "it sounds ok dosnt it" and "hey its quite nippy for a clio".
soooo getting sick of his arsey comments i told him to drop it down a couple, and also before he did to make sure he had tight hold of the wheel!!!
once we were all planted firmly into our seats and the miltek was growling and making our ears bleed, he looked over at me with a worried/scared/iv just shat my pants look on his face and said.....i bet this would give chris's porsche a run for its money (my other brother has a 911 carrera 4s).
i just looked over at him and smiled.....:D and said....yeah nippy for a clio lmao

I hope you've not a 182 with a miltek lol?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That's awesome dude

2553314429_7b5b214fa7_z.jpg

renaultsport clio182
wont be much in it 0-60 she'l do it in around 5.7....but i dont think she'l be hitting 170-180 any time soon lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've kept up with the odd Porsche Boxster driven by fat middle aged men that weren't trying,
does that count as a Porsche beater?

911s on the other hand vanish into the distance regardless of what I do with the pedals,

I overtook one on the motorway once, I was doing 75 and he was doing 60.....awesome!!!

Last edited:
  renaultsport clio182
I've kept up with the odd Porsche Boxster driven by fat middle aged men that weren't trying,
does that count as a Porsche beater?

911s one the other hand vanish into the distance regardless of what I do with the pedals.
you cant race old men....that dosnt count lol

by using my right foot....i think :rasp:
lol

A little dillusional as well ;)

4s is around 4.6 to 60, a whole second ish faster, thats a lot.

0-60 standard in a clio 182 is around 6.9 seconds, and thats if you actually have 179bhp that they are meant to have, which we all know it wont (mods dependant)

So its probably about 2 seconds faster, which is A LOT.

Last edited:
  renaultsport clio182
A little dillusional as well ;)

4s is around 4.6 to 60, a whole second ish faster, thats a lot.

0-60 standard in a clio 182 is around 6.9 seconds, and thats if you actually have 179bhp that they are meant to have, which we all know it wont (mods dependant)

So its probably about 2 seconds faster, which is A LOT.
exactly, mods dependant....im not mechanically minded so dont really know what its had done and what it hasnt, (exhaust,re-map,induction and other bits n bobs internally) but it flys!!! and im not dillusional, i have hit 60 in around 5.7-5.8, and whatever you may think i havnt had to pay in excess of £70,000 for it like my brother had to :approve:

Why 5.7-5.8? Is that what the stopwatch said? Or are you just guessing... I love it when people do this, oh it's 200bhp +, well what is it then???

Infact I'm just going to lock it now. As its only going one way.

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It's obviously not stripped, you had passengers.

Even ITBs and cams wouldn't be sub 6sec would they?

Also, how do you know what to declare to your insurance if you don't know what's been done?

renaultsport clio182
Why 5.7-5.8? Is that what the stopwatch said? Or are you just guessing...
no guessing here, i used a stopwatch... and isnt the 6.9 figure from a new 182, and surely it will loosen up and get slightly quicker after a few thousand miles?

Yeh but they don't have 179bhp to start with. They don't get more powerful, it isn't a Honda ;)

My ITB'd stripped clio with 204bhp I don't think that was sub 5.5 at all. Measuring with a stop watch is never gona be accurate enough though really.

renaultsport clio182
Yeh but they don't have 179bhp to start with. They don't get more powerful, it isn't a Honda ;)

My ITB'd stripped clio with 204bhp I don't think that was sub 5.5 at all. Measuring with a stop watch is never gona be accurate enough though really.
i know its not a honda, thank f**k lol. saying that i had a very tidy 1990 civic v-tec a few yrs back, and i think its kickin out more than 210, not sure tho so i'l have to get it on the roll and find out

2002 Clio 172 Cup
exactly, mods dependant....im not mechanically minded so dont really know what its had done and what it hasnt, (exhaust,re-map,induction and other bits n bobs internally) but it flys!!! and im not dillusional, i have hit 60 in around 5.7-5.8, and whatever you may think i havnt had to pay in excess of £70,000 for it like my brother had to :approve:

So what "bits and bobs" internally have you uprated?

renaultsport clio182
It's obviously not stripped, you had passengers.

Even ITBs and cams wouldn't be sub 6sec would they?

Also, how do you know what to declare to your insurance if you don't know what's been done?
dus anyone actually read the original posts here? i didnt do the 0-60 time with people in, i done it on my own...i never once said it could beat a 4s, it was my brothers opinion...iv told my insurance about exhaust, filter, re-map, plugs, and ignition leads. all i said was it might have had other things done to it internally that im unaware of, so as a result havnt told my insurance about things i dont know about. and finally i was thinking around 210 as a rough estimate untill i get it seen professionally. what dus everyone think the parts iv mentioned would roughly give it?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
dus anyone actually read the original posts here? i didnt do the 0-60 time with people in, i done it on my own...i never once said it could beat a 4s, it was my brothers opinion...iv told my insurance about exhaust, filter, re-map, plugs, and ignition leads. all i said was it might have had other things done to it internally that im unaware of, so as a result havnt told my insurance about things i dont know about. and finally i was thinking around 210 as a rough estimate untill i get it seen professionally. what dus everyone think the parts iv mentioned would roughly give it?

I didn't say you did a sprint with people in, I only inferred that the car isn't stripped by its capacity to carry said passengers.

If its freakishly healthy engine you could see 190bhp. 182bhp is a more realistic target though ;)

2002 Clio 172 Cup

173bhp-180bhp with those mods. I would have a word with whoever remapped your car as you have previously stated in another thread your car only revs to 7000rpm before hitting the limiter. Most remaps raise the limiter to 7500rpm - standard is 7250rpm.

A 225 engine by the sound of it lol.

;)

renaultsport clio182
173bhp-180bhp with those mods. I would have a word with whoever remapped your car as you have previously stated in another thread your car only revs to 7000rpm before hitting the limiter. Most remaps raise the limiter to 7500rpm - standard is 7250rpm.

;)
how could it only have 173-180 when its around 180 standard and it has all those parts on? and the limiter problem has gone...im presuming its because the car had maybe been sitting for a while before i bought it??

renaultsport clio182

;)
and whats a 225 engine?

2002 Clio 172 Cup
how could it only have 173-180 when its around 180 standard and it has all those parts on? and the limiter problem has gone...im presuming its because the car had maybe been sitting for a while before i bought it??

They never make the claimed 179bhp. The car would be capable of making the stated 179bhp with a decent complete exhaust system, decent filter and a remap.

225 engine is found in the RS Megane 225.

renaultsport clio182
They never make the claimed 179bhp. The car would be capable of making the stated 179bhp with a decent complete exhaust system, decent filter and a remap.

225 engine is found in the RS Megane 225.
so if a decent exhaust gives you 10bhp, a filter maybe 5bhp are you saying a standard clio 182 actually only has 164bhp to start with? and you need to fit said parts to get it up to 179??

Status
Not open for further replies.