ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 987 Boxster S

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
All clean with my plate on it. Love it so far. I even detailed my company Alfa too. Amigo and Colly on both.

DSC_0115-1.jpg

DSC_0111-3.jpg

DSC_0114-3.jpg

DSC_0112-1.jpg

DSC_0117-2.jpg

DSC_0116-3.jpg

Comments welcome.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Matts are new, just dirty from me driving it all weekend!

Getting the dyson out was a job too far today.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Do they do a shorter gear knob? It's a very similar centre console to the z4, and fitting a weighted short //M gear knob made a huge improvement to how it felt to drive.

No dyson? Lazy b*****d.

Lotus Elise
Lovely, the 987 interior is much nicer it must be said. Any plans for it other then going to and from the hairdressers? I'd suggest MO30 if you can get it for the 987.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Do they do a shorter gear knob? It's a very similar centre console to the z4, and fitting a weighted short //M gear knob made a huge improvement to how it felt to drive.

No dyson? Lazy b*****d.

It needs a weighted knob badly, no one does them though!

Lovely, the 987 interior is much nicer it must be said. Any plans for it other then going to and from the hairdressers? I'd suggest MO30 if you can get it for the 987.

Its staying totally standard. Lower would be nice, but I'd be only doing it for looks which is a bit sad. So it'll stay as it is.

RS6 C7

No dyson? Lazy b*****d.

It feels short when you drive it.

Nice pair of cars by the way!

Z4
Lovely.

I've decided next year ill either get a cayman S or a mk2 FRS, but then I think it would be madness to pick a Ford over a decent Porsche! In reality it will probably be a 987 boxster s though.

Silver with black seats is a little bit of a let down, I'll let you off. It's all about the meteor grey.

How does it drive? You're used to some serious metal so it's got to be good to impress?
Similar performance to an e46 m3 mated with Porsche dynamics has to be a good combination, certainly enough for the road...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I did think of a Cayman but for one with the same age and miles at this it'd be £5k more. Sod that.

It drives really well, it feels really slow (its not) but 200bhp/tonne ish compared to 350bhp/tonne of the TVR is was never going to feel the same.

The chassis is sublime, although a little too safe for my liking.

If anything its a bit too safe like my old E46 M3.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You haven't detailed the cars. you've just washed and polished them.

If you'd have detailed them, then the drivers side front arch on the alfa wouldn't be full of mud and the inside of the porshe would be clean.

K?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The Alfa has carpet s**t in the arches, there is no human way to clean it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Its got 265 rear tyres, you have to be a right t**t to get the rear any where near unstuck.

There's no end to its grip under normal driving.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They really are a superb drive! I actually had more fun in one than the Cayman S I drove!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Brought it to work with me today, people think you're a proper wanker when you own a Porsche it seems!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL! Really?

With how it looks/sounds (in no way OTT) I assumed it'd be one of those cars where the occasional person at work might say "nice motor" or whatever, but didn't think it'd attract any abuse?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
LOL! Really?

With how it looks/sounds (in no way OTT) I assumed it'd be one of those cars where the occasional person at work might say "nice motor" or whatever, but didn't think it'd attract any abuse?

I'm the youngest head of department by 15 years... I'm the flash runt.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So basically, everyone doesn't think you're a c**t, they just wish they could be in your position 15 years ago rather than now?

Essentially, most of the blokes are looking and thinking "I wouldn't mind one of those, but if I bought one now I'd look like I was having a breakdown".

Sounds like one of my three directors, who always tells me "how lucky I am to have a car like that" how he "drove around in rust buckets when he was my age".

I've been about 5 seconds short of saying "That's nice, but I decided to study whilst young and gain a set of skills that mean people have to pay me an OK amount of money, whilst you probably went down the boozer after doing your paper round".

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Aye, I was made head of Research and Genetics when I was 23. Replacing someone in their early 40's, a lot of people round here still have a chip on their shoulder about it. I want to be a Director by 27 so that'll put a lot of peoples noses out of joint.

Ho hum.

Nippy white cup
So basically, everyone doesn't think you're a c**t, they just wish they could be in your position 15 years ago rather than now?

Essentially, most of the blokes are looking and thinking "I wouldn't mind one of those, but if I bought one now I'd look like I was having a breakdown".

Sounds like one of my three directors, who always tells me "how lucky I am to have a car like that" how he "drove around in rust buckets when he was my age".

I've been about 5 seconds short of saying "That's nice, but I decided to study whilst young and gain a set of skills that mean people have to pay me an OK amount of money, whilst you probably went down the boozer after doing your paper round".

skills.jpg

;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm the youngest head of department by 15 years... I'm the flash runt.

I've had the same for years now. Youngest accredited assessor in the country just makes your work mates hate you even more. God job i'm not here to make mates, if they had put the same effort in I had to they wouldn't still be rolling around concrete floors in the depth of winter. Jealous cnuts!

Lotus Elise
Brought it to work with me today, people think you're a proper w**ker when you own a Porsche it seems!

LOL!

Not just me than. Driving around Birmingham I get everything from the wanker sign to shouting to people nodding approvingly.

Mercedes
LOL!

Not just me than. Driving around Birmingham I get everything from the w**ker sign to shouting to people nodding approvingly.

You would have that in any vehicle you chose to drive, IMO its the driver with you not the car

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Most people seem to think its still £50k's worth of car lol.

Its worth less than the Nissan Juke its parked next to...

Hadn't realised you were head of the department. Feel less guilty about owing you a beer now.

Nice car, thinking about one as my next purchase, so keep it a while will you?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hadn't realised you were head of the department. Feel less guilty about owing you a beer now.

Nice car, thinking about one as my next purchase, so keep it a while will you?

It says so in LinkedIn. You pay no attention....

I'll keep it til next summer. Re MOT, service and tax it then sell.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'll sell you it for what I paid for it. (Which was cheap)

Ha I even claimed it on expenses....

Z4
I did think of a Cayman but for one with the same age and miles at this it'd be £5k more. Sod that.

It drives really well, it feels really slow (its not) but 200bhp/tonne ish compared to 350bhp/tonne of the TVR is was never going to feel the same.

The chassis is sublime, although a little too safe for my liking.

If anything its a bit too safe like my old E46 M3.

Thought they were more than 200bhp/ton!
I'm not surprised at the jealous work mates, I've always got comments in my cars as they used to be 30k+ but as long as its within about 8 years people still think they're still unaffordable!

I like how the roof can go up/down whilst in motion, makes people hate you even more which I like.
Does it feel light? Obviously it's screwed together well, but I'd imagine it still feels agile and direct.

Need to get me a test drive, although I've got a horrible feeling the grunt of the FRS may be addictive...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Handles really well, perfectly weighted. Slid it round a wet round about in 3rd today at about 30 mph, was as easy as pie.

An FRS is totally incomparable really. It's a hatchback ffs!

Leon Cupra 300
Most people seem to think its still £50k's worth of car lol.

Its worth less than the Nissan Juke its parked next to...

This 100%

I've never had anything as flash as your Boxster (lovely car by the way)

But when I had my 6k's worth of 330 Sport, everyone is like 'they must be paying you too much' blah blah 'how do you afford to run that'

That's coming from people who've bought a brand new Focus privately. I don't know how they can afford that!

Turbos.
Yeah, Joe Bloggs never get that with second hand cars.

Lovely car. My dad has the same, but the special edition with red seats. The PSE sounds fantastic. What type of silver is it?