ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 987 Boxster S

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Very nice, what do thee go for?
Fancy one, just think the bills may get big doing trackdays?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This 100%

I've never had anything as flash as your Boxster (lovely car by the way)

But when I had my 6k's worth of 330 Sport, everyone is like 'they must be paying you too much' blah blah 'how do you afford to run that'

That's coming from people who've bought a brand new Focus privately. I don't know how they can afford that!

Flol! One guy at my work thought I paid 15k for my V6 TT. People have no concept of car prices.

My mate paid 11k + finance interest for a Corsa a couple of years back. He also thought I had come into money!

I do have to laugh.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You can have this one....

I like it, it's nice to have a useable second car for once!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
22 cars in 7 years....

It's ace, it was -3 this morning so I went to work in it, mainly sideways due to the frost with the roof down. Worth every penny.

I really want one of these now. Rather than starting a new thread, is there an advice on what to look out for? Going to a Porsche garage over the weekend to test drive a 987 and talk to them about warranties etc if poss. Any advice gratefully received.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Lots of scaremongering about the engine. But if its done more than 50k I wouldn't be worried.

Warranties are A LOT. I'd just save a bit each month tbh.

Other than that, the stereo won't work if its cold and that's about it.

Oh and is there a forum? Forums are good to scan as most post up issues, not "look how well my Porka is running".

Lotus Elise
Oh and is there a forum? Forums are good to scan as most post up issues, not "look how well my Porka is running".

boxa.net iirc.

Hoods are fine. Glass screen and reliable. They eat drop links but they are fairly cheap and take 10 minutes to swap.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When you say 'detailed' I assume you mean you just polished your cars? because if someone 'detailed' my cars and left the footwells and arches as minging as yours, i'd probably hit them.

Fcuking northern monkey.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You haven't detailed the cars. you've just washed and polished them.

If you'd have detailed them, then the drivers side front arch on the alfa wouldn't be full of mud and the inside of the porshe would be clean.

K?

When you say 'detailed' I assume you mean you just polished your cars? because if someone 'detailed' my cars and left the footwells and arches as minging as yours, i'd probably hit them.

Fcuking northern monkey.

Lol Dan.

You can't get alfa arches clean, they are lined with carpet...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fcuk me, I was a grumpy c**t over a year ago!

You can. In fact, i'm going to prove it on the next one I do. Lazy northern monkey.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'd rather buy a facelift 996 for this price. Or save my money and get an older, Facelift Boxster S. You c**t.

PS. You're a virgin.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A 996? The ugliest abortion 911 ever made? I could never live with those front lights.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
987 is just as quick if not quicker than the 996 as far as I remember, wouldn't be worth paying the extra for parts and insurance for the 911, just for the sake of having a 911.

Plus that interior. :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Aye, I was made head of Research and Genetics when I was 23. Replacing someone in their early 40's, a lot of people round here still have a chip on their shoulder about it. I want to be a Director by 27 so that'll put a lot of peoples noses out of joint.

Ho hum.

Eeee I remember when we both had Naples valvers... I should have jumped ship years ago but foolishly expected some loyalty. Will you buy me one so I feel better? I promise I'll put some silver willy wheels on it to make em different ;)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'd love N946CKO back.

It was on 155k when I sold it, so I guess its dead now...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mines well and truly dead - I killed it! RIP N874OYK! Well I gave it to someone and they killed it - I'm kinda glad that happened actually, I'll never get f**ked over again!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hero car.

SUC30254.jpg

Car.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@18, balling hard early. Like it moat boy, like it.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Find me a good condition face 996 for £10-15k you dozy scene boy.
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...nEngineSize=3600&NoDoors=ANY&Transmission=MAN

Any of them will do for me. Do not test a Porsche nerd on the prices of 911's. As if I don't drool over piston heads almost daily! You underestimate me for that. I do love Boxsters, but something in my head says "Facelift C2s?" And then I forget why I want a 987.

A 996? The ugliest abortion 911 ever made? I could never live with those front lights.

Meh, they are alright in my eyes.

PS. You're all northern pansies. (_)_):::::::D~~~~~~~

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Incase anyone hasn't seen it, and this seems to have developed into the 987 thread;

http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/the-ims-solution/
http://www.theimssolution.com/

This is the latest solution to IMS failure/prevention. If the price is similar to that of the IMS Retrofit then it's definitely worth considering in my eyes, even more so if you have one of those free labour maintenance plans from someone like Hartech or JMG.

I know there's a lot of debate about IMS on these engines, and whether it's worth replacing/upgrading/even worrying about - but I think cost depending, it's worth it for 100% peace of mind. Plus, I think you might benefit at resale too.