ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pops and crackles from chassis.

i have recently realised that after 8000k my 172 still emits popping/crackling sounds from the chassis after every journey. i was told that after running the car in these sounds would stop. every other car i have driven remains quite after the engine has turns off, could it be that the 172 chassis was not designed to handle the power of a 172??

its just the heat shield cooling and contracting, nothing to worry about. Any and all performance cars do it, you should listen to a porsche cooling!

VW Potato

ive never owned a car that pops and ticks and tongs and tonks as loudly as my Clio after a hard run - when i park up, it shouts out Listen up yall - hes just thrashed the knackers off me! PING TONK TONG PONK PINK TOCK TINK it goes for ages! I love it!

g