ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pops and bangs map rstunner or elsewhere

197was/second 182is
Hi! Im thinking about getting pops and bangs map to my 182, what is best place to get one? Rs tunner will be cheapest, but is it good? If not who you recommend in south east? Thanks

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi! Im thinking about getting pops and bangs map to my 182, what is best place to get one? Rs tunner will be cheapest, but is it good? If not who you recommend in south east? Thanks
RSTuner will be fine mate. It's also good as a diagnostics tool or you could always sell the unit on after in the parts for sale section, people snap them up on here.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If it will kill my car it will be time for turbocharger :smiley: thanks for replying!
You'll be essentially over fuelling mate. And the noise will probably end up irritating you, your neighbours and everyone you drive past. Of course, it's your own decision and if it's something you enjoy then go for it but in my opinion get the RSTuner and bang the 98RON map on instead. Performance > Noise.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
The pop n bang map is the same as the 98 ron map apart from on over run after 4k revs i think it was it retards the ingition timing right back to create the bangs

197was/second 182is
I think I've got 98ron map now... And when its cold it does pops quite loud... I think I will like it, specially if it's only over 4k rpm as it is kind of choice use it or not

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Does this damage the engine in anyway?

It depends on how much you use it tbh. Turbo cars with launch control works in the same way retards ingition to hold revs creates the bangs but only should be used for a short time (3 seconds).

Ignition retarding creates alot of heat in the exhaust system and can also help with dropping valves due to heat created

So letting revs come down from 7k listioning to the bangs isnt ideal and will damage the engine its a risk end of the day

197was/second 182is
Right if I buy second hand I need license for 60 euro and map for 49. If I buy new one which is 199, I don't need license, but do I need map as well? Or is it included?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Right if I buy second hand I need license for 60 euro and map for 49. If I buy new one which is 199, I don't need license, but do I need map as well? Or is it included?

Im unsure how henk does them these days

It was buy a used rs tuner say £100
Buy the unlock £???
Buy the map £???

Then its locked to your car

Sell rstuner £100

197was/second 182is
So basically I work out it's cheaper to get new one and then sell it for 100 pounds... Not too sure about shipping cost yet. Thanks!

BG182 + M3
So is it cheaper to buy new if intending on keeping the module?

I just had a look on the website and it says +€29 for the airbag module,will this turn off my airbag/serv light as I don't wish to use resistors.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
So is it cheaper to buy new if intending on keeping the module?

I just had a look on the website and it says +€29 for the airbag module,will this turn off my airbag/serv light as I don't wish to use resistors.

Yes it will its a very very good add on

Renault Clio Rs
I bought the pop and bang because i needed the rs tuner. Now i cant buy pop and bang file/map. Beacuse they wrote that is incompatible. I get my money back (49 euro). I am waiting for your have! Thanks

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So if i buy a brand new RS Tuner i get a free map?.
Just having a look on there site & not sure what options i have to select??.any help please

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah it comes pre mapped.

Where you based? I'd highly recommend efi in Runcorn tbh. Over the tuner too

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Get it mapped there mate. I've had Rs tuners before and don't get me wrong it's fine. But for 160 in efi' case I'd allways go there with a clio. Before and after map and done to what you have on the car etc