ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pond in my passenger footwell

clio sport 172
As the title explains i have got in my car this morning to find a puddle in my passenger footwell. Looked on goigle and common issues seem to be subroof and tubes under scuttle panel being blocked. I dont have a sunroof so thats out the question. Now im not the best with cars so if somebody could explain in simple terms possible problems and how to solve them i would be more than grateful. Any questions welcome aswell. Thankyou

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
i had the same problem with mine a few months ago. At first i thought it was the sunroof however it turned out i had a hole in the seals around my front windscreen. Dont know if this could be the same with yours?

dunno if that will help

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Thanks for the help. Do you mean the rubber tubing that goes right round the windscreen? Thankyou

Yea, I had to take it to a garage to repair it though. Before I took it there I tested it with a jet was with a friend inside the car till he saw water dribbling through.

clio sport 172
Ok brill. Was the water dripping from under the dash i presume or from the window onto the dash? Just so i know roughly where to look. How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking. Thankyou

BG DCI
This WILL be scuttle panels..

Under the plastic cover at the top of your bonnet.

Gets clogged up with leaves and filth, blocks route for rain to go out, pours into air vent for the heaters...

clio sport 172
Ive had a quick look at scuttle panel but it looks clear. I havnt had chance to remove it yet as im at work. Am i right in thinking that if it is the scuttle panel then it will be blocked alot further down so i wont be able to see it? Thankyou for all the help

BG DCI
Ive had a quick look at scuttle panel but it looks clear. I havnt had chance to remove it yet as im at work. Am i right in thinking that if it is the scuttle panel then it will be blocked alot further down so i wont be able to see it? Thankyou for all the help

Correct, it may well run clear after a long time but when there is a heavy rain or constant they struggle to cope.

Often they are blocked further down and require some poking around to clear all the rubbish out so yes it wouldn't be visible!

I would be very surprised if its anything else tbh

Liam.

clio sport 172
Thanks mate, i filled the foot well with blue rag earlier this morning (under the carpet) just checked it on my lunch and it appears that the front of the footwell near the bulk head is dry and i also put a piece of blue rag under the heater vent and that too is dry, on inspection ive noticed under the seat and the rear footwell are also wet, infact under the seat is very wet so im thinking perhaps the drainage in the side skirt is blocked and forcing the water into the car under the seat. Goin to get it on ramps later and inspect inside the sideskirt. Might be completely wrong but im running out of ideas now the bulk head and front of footwell is bone dry lol

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Check the rear passenger window seals. Mine went all brittle and let water in and it collected in one place, then when I was driving the car, when I would brake, water would come rushing into the pax foot well.

Easier to spot in mine as its stripped out - worth a shot tho

clio sport 172
Right ive removed scuttle panel and tried to clean the tubes out. Ran a load of water in the scuttle panel area and its now coming out from under the car so hopefully ive sorted the problem, just a case of waiting for csrpets to dry now and see if the problem returns, fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help