ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polybush original or new OEM wishbones?

monaco 172
Hi guys.

I've got some pretty bad torque steer. Car tracks perfectly straight off power and on motorways but as soon as I accelerate it wants to pull right.

I'm guessing worn wishbone bushes are the culprit.
Would I be better off polybushing the wishbones on it now and buying a new ball joint per side total cost of about 140.

Or buy 2 genuine wishbones which would cost about 140 and come with bushes and new ball joints. .?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If you only use it on the road @hipwell I'd buy a pair of new wishbones and leave it at that to be honest, if you track it then I'd use poly bushes.

I've just poly bushed a pair of brand new wishbones and there are easier jobs you can do, let alone trying to press out old rusted bushings.

monaco 172
If you only use it on the road @hipwell I'd buy a pair of new wishbones and leave it at that to be honest, if you track it then I'd use poly bushes.

I've just poly bushed a pair of brand new wishbones and there are easier jobs you can do, let alone trying to press out old rusted bushings.
Ah right .

Are they an even bigger pain in the are to get out than the OEM rubber dogbone parts? Those buggers took plenty of sweat to get out

Yeh its road only, can't ever see me going on a track with it to be fair.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've got a set of strengthened wishbones, with poly bushes and brand new lemforder ball joints if you're interested

GTD, Lupo
Ah right .

Are they an even bigger pain in the are to get out than the OEM rubber dogbone parts? Those buggers took plenty of sweat to get out

Yeh its road only, can't ever see me going on a track with it to be fair.

I haven't done any on a clio but the last set i done i just used the old wishbones and pressed them out and cut the rings. The new bushes were easy to fit but it was refitting the wishbones that was a b**ch.