ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poly bushes WOW !!!

clio 182 FF
wow cant believe what a big difference they make to a cars handling alot sharper turn in so much easier to do 4 wheel drifts round rounabouts evryone should consider this as one of there first mods such a big difference well impressed.
BUT, always a but lol anyway im having probs with the bushes for the middle of the roll bars cant get them on seem very tight, called Shaun at K-tec he says they should fit, but it seem really really stiff and hard to the get the bush on and round the roll bar, can any experts help? I believe they are 23mm ones dont quote me here as im assuming they are 23mm anti roll bars .

All the roundabouts near me have lights on them, are you suggesting I break the law to discover how good they are lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had them on my 1.2 16v and rate them very high, along with the FK silverline X Coilovers, front and rear strut braces, everything stripped out it and 15" wheels with 195/45/15 eagle F1's.

considering it was only running just over 80bhp the thing was a weapon down a backroad, everything was faster than it on a straight tho LOL

172 cup'd extreme
The 23mm inner anti roll bar bushes from powerflex are impossible to fit, i tried and failed. Ktec didnt want to know as they had fitted some to their super turbo 172 with no problems. i ended up not fitting them. The 172 front anti roll bar is 28mm, lesser clios have a 23mm.

Clio 172 Cup
those bushes are a b**ch just ask ben in the end i had to use slightly longer bolts just to get a start on the threads and gthey are an absolute b**ch thanks for the feedback on how they are though cant wait to get my cup back up and running now

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yea file the bolts, then get a big clam and longer bolts! s**t! ahhhh! took us hours!

clio 182 FF
The 23mm inner anti roll bar bushes from powerflex are impossible to fit, i tried and failed. Ktec didnt want to know as they had fitted some to their super turbo 172 with no problems. i ended up not fitting them. The 172 front anti roll bar is 28mm, lesser clios have a 23mm.

Shaun from ktec said they will fit but im having no joy any ideas guys?
should they replace them for me?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
they will fit .

it took me hours but in the end we master'd it.

remove the curved clamp
get a vice and clamp the clamp.
get a round metal file and file the hole down so its alsomst at the base of the curve!
get some longer M8 bolts, nylon nuts and washers.
Try get a minium of 8.8 steel but 10.9 would be better
use a washer on each side and bolt them up tight.
you may need a clamp just to hold it whilst you get the longer bolt through

clio 182 FF
cheers will try that after I put my aerocatch bonnet pins on my carbon bonnet first.

Did you get your brake pads BEN_P???

1.2 have the smallest ARB at 22 or 23mm then theres two more sizes the dci and 1.6 having the thickest at 26mm I think or so.

172 I think 24mm