ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plymouth PFC photo shoot end of november,who's interested?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The guys that wanted this organised have gone a little quiet so I'm waiting for a reply, should get up the location soon :)

And time will be in the afternoon prob about 4ish

Racing Blue 182
I am in depending on location, bit of a trek as it is so wanna make sure its not the other side of Plymouth to me!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
to be fair, if your coming from Frome, being the other side of Plymouth would hardly make a difference! Maybe about 10mins more thats all.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Not even that - it takes me less than 5 minutes to drive from one side of the city to the other every morning.

I'd like to recommend the road that goes under the Tamar Bridge, but there's not a huge amount of parking there.
800.gif

Or you could ask the company running bovisand fort if you can use their stone piers.

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182
to be fair, if your coming from Frome, being the other side of Plymouth would hardly make a difference! Maybe about 10mins more thats all.
Ah, that's true, I'll have a think before I stick my name down! Would love to do this but might be a bit too far! :(

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
aint it going to be getting abit dark by 4?
just a thought

If its nice, that is a nice spot mcgherkin, if its sunny, then where blakey?? took the shots of his v6 could be nice as well, unfortunately these are seem both abit weather dependent.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
it will be dark by for or near as. I would suggest indoor car park with bright lighting, minimal pillars and a shiny floor... and bring a mop and bucket.

4pm is too late at this time of year imo. It's going to be cold anyway but considerably colder in the evening and dark within an hour.

What about the TR2 building out at cattedown? Plenty of room for parking and not a bad backdrop with the TR2 logo for single car shots? Id suggest meeting at the latest of 2pm though personally.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Well I have been totally ignored now by the people who wanted this shoot, but we shall still meet as I want this to happen as I can see it will turn out very well :)

As you all agree 2pm is better then it shall be 2pm as I was happy whatever the time :)

I'm going to still put something together for PFC as my camera and prob a few others cameras coming will be shooting in high res so that's more than good enough for them to put in.

(I have an "OK" tripod everyone can use if they want a go with it)

I'm also liking the bridge shot so that will be a good location for some photos, I also hear there's Christmas lights in Plymouth soon so maybe incorperate them in somehow?

But I think a few locations would be good and pref with ability to take group shots there as well (maybe one multistorie or undercover place Incase of bad weather)

Could the people with local knowledge of plymouth post up a few sites with a google maps link so i can/ others can check it out and then I shall finally confirm the locations and get this sorted :)

Sorry this has come to me asking for help but I have been totally let down after such a big build up and interest for this to happen :(

Next year I think I'm gonna miss these people out and go straight to the top!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
And the pics of the V6 above look a great place to go if the weather is good enough :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The location of the V6 shots is on a locked site, you'll need to contact the company operating Fort Bovisand (Discovery divers? It's a dive company) to get access.

If it works, here's a link to the bridge shot location. Dropped Pin

Other locations are Mountbatten Pier, Staples carpark in Charles Cross, and Queen Anne's Battery (2 hour limit though) and possibly Devil's Point (but probably too busy). There's also RAF Harrowbeer up in Yelverton and Cadover Bridge.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well photos with water are easy round here ejygu6y7.jpg

It's all abit flooded :p

What's the drakes circus car park like? I'm guessing we would have to pay for that where as staples is free to drive in (its the one I use)

The lights are in a pedestrianised area (I think) , although we might be able to get some cars up, but probably a fair amount of people around.

Could try a group bridge shot off the a38? All cars going down the dual carriage way

Bit of a drive out, but one of the beaches like wembury?

Well PFC still haves week to get their arses into gear

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Mall carpark is alright tbh apart from the fact you have to pay.

How about multiple locations? Shoot at one, convoy to the next. (be awesome to convoy through the barbican and then up round the seafront!)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Chance to get some "moving" shots kinda thing as well, if anyone is any good with a camera and can make those kinda shots

Iv'e seen cars parked up on the Hoe, but that was for an event, is it possible to get close there, near the lighthouse or something like that?

Bit of a trek, but the Burrator Resovoir any good?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've already asked about getting access to the promenade.

1. There's a fee
2. The council's very fussy, oil must not be dropped etc, plus there's public liability lumped onto you.

Burrator's alright too.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Never been across the other side of the river, but just been looking on google, any good spots that way, seem like there may be a couple from street view like this but it is more drving, and a long way or what ever the cost is for the ferry

Could always try gatecrashing the naval base :p

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I can get people onto a naval base but, we wouldn't be able to use cameras :S

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Surely if you say its for a photoshoot, using the ships as scenery, and we were observed it cant be that bad - although my comment was only meant in passing.

It's not like we are asking to put a load of clios on an aircraft carriers flight deck, or can we??

Can you still get into ferryport or is it being developed now?

Old meet from corsa days

30.jpg

Pics from the TR2 building I mentioned

13.jpg
10.jpg

Personally I'd avoid city centre/drakes/toys r us at this time of year + you have to pay to get out and they have security etc.

Terri from PFC lives in plymouth so I know I can drag her out even if it means picking her up

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
ok been looking at the city center and its gotta be a no go as it just seems too busy and on a shopping day before Christmas its asking for trouble lol.

but as we have a few locations in mind where will be the best place to meet up and get everyone together? (somewhere a little easy for people who aint too sure of the place)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I have given this abit of thought. The way I see it, there are 3 options

1 - Meet in one area for pics, eg the Drake Circus main car park - this would require a ticket at the rate £1 per hour.

2 - Use a couple of locations, some being weather dependent, with abit of a drive between - possibly just trying an area to see if there is some space or if its any good, but 2/3 definate decent enough locations.

3 - Make more of a day of it, as some people will be travelling a fair distance, and pick up on the other idea in the 'Meet ideas thread'. Taking some pics in the morning in predefined locations, and then have a drive up Dartmoor or something. Stopping along the top as there are some decent parking places where you can grab some photos. Just to make it abit more interesting.

Of course it does all come down to what commitments people have and what they feel like doing.

8223289595_f1f1cebe0f_z.jpg

8224368028_9215385eaa_z.jpg

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ranger that sounds like a really good idea but the weather will have a massive part to play with the later part and maybe should be kept till it warms up early next year?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well you could do, but hey we all have heaters and a coat! - its not like we are using motorbikes :rasp:

Weather plays a massive part regardless really, its Plymouth! I've been here for 3 months and maybe about 1 week has inluded blue skies and sun - the rest is clouds and rain! - And thats one thing we cant prepare for, just have 2 or 3 plans to try and work, and be prepared to be flexible.

I was just going on the part that SW is a large area, and it wont be that often that we all get together, and if people are willing to travel 2 hours or so to come, well, if it was me I would like to do more than just stand around taking photos for a couple of hours (not thats it not fun) but it adds something else to the day, so people have more of a reason to make the journey.

And it gives us more of a time together, to meet different people and chat etc - that was the thinking behind it.

If a few of us want to do it, then we can, I was just putting it out there incase we wanted to build in more time for different things.

Its just ideas :)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
It would be nice if people would come, but understandable if they don't. The only implication doing something like this, is timing, just means we may have to meet earlier etc for the pics if some would like to do a drive in the afternoon, so we can make the most of the daylight.

Was thinking about routes something like this

http://goo.gl/maps/CXjOo

http://goo.gl/maps/1JidQ

Just ideas, I know they may be abit long, but some sections are great fun, if there is no traffic and animals on the road :p Gets more twist as you get closer to Exeter, but that may be abit to far.

They dont have to be circular if people dont want to sit on the a38, or detour to a reservoir or river along the way

Who would be up for something like this?