ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlusNet Broadband Fault

ph2 172
Had BB installed last tues, the speed is pathetic to say the least!

PlusNet have started to look into it now and have done this report:

bb.JPG

Can anyone make sense of this?

They have said that if BT look into the fault and its a fault in the home they will charge us £144+VAT?????

Cheers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have never even had to phone plusnet since I got it installed.

Max speed at all times of the day, could praise the connection or company more tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol, apologies they are super helpful from what I here, there online service is awesome and always someone on hand.

Turn off interleaving aswell.

ph2 172
Yea they are helpful which is a good thing! Just wish the net would connect at more than 448kbps!

I have turned of interleaving, I saw the post on here about it :)

Yea they are helpful which is a good thing! Just wish the net would connect at more than 448kbps!

I have turned of interleaving, I saw the post on here about it :)

tbh if your having this many issues going fast path will be teh last thing you want to do !!!!

DMS

A thirsty 172
DCN is just short for disconnection.
Basically means your ADSL service keeps losing sync and dropping out.
If the ISP is using DLM (Digital Line Management), a large number of dropouts in a short time frame may cause interleaving to be turned back on automatically, the signal to noise ratio to be increased or a banded profile to be applied to your connection. A banded profile can severely limit your connection speed, which is probably what's happening here.

If your PlusNet broadband is actually carried by BT, then I can guarantee they'll be using DLM.
What's your telephone area code? Check if PlusNet have LLU'd your local broadband exchange. If they haven't, it'll probably be a BT issue.

MKIII 138
448KBPS is actually pretty good if your a few miles from the exchange and on 8mb broadband.

had exact same problem only yesterday did two bt engineers visit my house, put a nice new socket on my wall (just because it was an old type) and re-crimped and replaced wires at the junction box.. it took AGES to get 02 to sort my problem but in the end they saw a fault..

the majority of broadband fails not related to the home are just old oxidized wires that need replacing at the junction box or DP.

was getting my BB cut off every few hours and 180kbps and now im on 450kbps soild with a silly fast 5MS ping ! most people on faster broadband than me never get below a 50ms ping (faster ping is much better for gaming online)

i havent been charged as its a BT line fault ? how could i be charged for a fault that wasnt mine TBFH not sure why you are charged if you have a genuine line fault.

edit* at first 02 said it would £150 for BT engine "IF" they found anything on my end that was faulty. I just made damn sure I got 02 to log down the line failure on a call reference first.. you usually need them to get onto the open reach router to look,

DMS

A thirsty 172
I can't find whether your telephone exchange has been unbundled or not. The only one I can find that's been unbundled by PlusNet is the one in Taunton. That your local Exchange?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Almost positive they use a BT line. The most I can get in my area is 6mb and it's constant 6mb all day everyday which is really good imo.

50ms ping which is also ideal.

im alright i sync at 8 and download at 840k ish out of hours upload sync is 488k pings of low 20's but i cant host mw2 for s**t also with plusnet

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a pretty consistent host with only 6mb and 50 ping.

Rusty Cup
sounds like its the infrastructure that is the weak point... could be hard work getting bt to fix the issue if its one person being affected :S

Soz dont mean to put a downer on things, i'd love to be wrong tho!! :p

ph2 172
Well apparantly the phone lines play up quite often with crackling and hissing. From the bt test socket its still cr*p.

MKIII 138
seriously it will be that green junction box at the end of the street, most analogue wires in there are over 20 years old.

get bt on it.

i did and my ping is as low as 5MS !

just pinged google and got 25ms :D

and iam a stupid 4 kilometers from the exchange !!

ph2 172
Hopefully I will get some result soon.

I added the details from todays events onto the plusnet fault tracker (new router, new filters, test master socket etc) so hopefully they will realise now its nothing to do with interal wiring etc and stop harping on about bt charging £140+VAT if the problems my end!!!

Clio 182 cup'd
It took me 6 months of emails to plusnet before I gave up on them. They kept sending me emails full of jargon, similar to what the op has put in his original post, which to most people means nothing.

After 6 months and various emails ( they wouldn't give me a phone number, just e-tickets) I gave up and got BT on the case. They came out and fixed the line at the end of road, just like others are saying!

I left plusnet as soon as the 12 months were up, a dreadful company with a dreadful customer service!

ph2 172
Does any of this look suspect to any of you who understand this:

Link Information
spacer.gif
Uptime:0 days, 8:27:06
spacer.gif
DSL Type:G.992.1 annex A
spacer.gif
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:448 / 704
spacer.gif
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:0.00 / 0.00
spacer.gif