ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plasma Dials inside!

Iceberg 172 Cup
These turned up yesterday but i totally forgot i ordered them! so was a nice suprise (big habit of this lately)

So, started looking into the instructions etc but they didn't go into detail. Had a snoop around the inside of the car and noticed the clocks only come out if you take the bloody dash out!!!!!

I nrly walked away and put them on ebay haha! but i thought no, (i'm an engineer by trade) i can get this done, less than an hour later they were fitted and wired up with the help of my trusted multimeter to find me a const dash light live from the MANY wire behind the dash.

OK, so take one set of gash standard OEM clocks (yours)

IMG-20120315-WA0006.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Take as many pictures as you can of these so you can gauge where the needles are incase you f**k things up!!

The Kit being installed;

IMG-20120315-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20120315-WA0003.jpg

Getting the new dials are wiring to fit nice;

IMG-20120315-WA0001.jpg

Note the wiring coming out from the top and bottom of the POD, this leads directly to the new dials, (it seems a very weird technology as there is no bulbs!!)

Jobs a gd en';

IMAG0097.jpg

Give everything a good clean down with the best stuff out there; (this stuff always amazes me everytime i use it no matter what, cleans phones like new)

IMG-20120315-WA0005.jpg

All refitted;

IMAG0098.jpg

Night pictures will follow (absolutely amazing) tried to take night pictures last night but, having severe trouble getting any camera to focus whilst looking at them, must be the weird way they emit light or something!)

Thanks for looking. C&C as usual!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Looking good i wouldnt mind a set my self but always been put off with the electrical side of it

Is it some thing i could do myself as i am a noob with electronics all ive done is wire up stereos and speakers

Iceberg 172 Cup
Looking good i wouldnt mind a set my self but always been put off with the electrical side of it

Is it some thing i could do myself as i am a noob with electronics all ive done is wire up stereos and speakers

Yes of course mate, if u want details (i've got which wire colour you need to connect what to) to make everything just work! This will work so that when you turn your headlights on (as usual) you dash lights will also come on.

Ive also got a detailled plan on how to remove the dash, but tbh, you only need to remove one side of it and not take it all out. If you were closer i would of done it for you!

I rekon i could installed these in approx 35mins start to finish now :p

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I dont like the font they've used and the angle of the digits but if they work for you fair play

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Looks better at night, so it uses two sets of numbers one for lights off and one for on?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
That night picture is from a different set of clocks ;)

Also, mine look similar from standard.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Very fast and furious :eek:

i strangely like them though... they would be better suited to a skyline lol

why have you used another set of clocks for the night pic?

cause my phone camera wont focus dude, i'll get some with the DSLR tonight. It's just a pic off the net'

Iceberg 172 Cup
some will like some wont! thats the fun! :D all i can say is they look a thousand times better in real life! i glad the majority dont like as my car will keep its unique look lol :cool:

330i. E30 Touring.
Dislike.

I hate it when the dials are bright- i have them turned down as low as possible on mine- i like to see the road without someone shining a f**king maglite in my face, lol.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Dislike.

I hate it when the dials are bright- i have them turned down as low as possible on mine- i like to see the road without someone shining a f**king maglite in my face, lol.

these also come with a built in dimmer.

Iceberg 172 Cup
A few shots in dull light (around 5.30pm tonight on my camera phone), please bear in mind these pics again dont do them justice! Also the dials when turned off are fully white, the blue bits (shapes etc) are plasma light technology! proper night shots in the dark are the best way but really have to be seen in real life to appreciate them!

IMG_20120316_165231.jpg

IMG_20120316_165220.jpg

IMG_20120316_165106.jpg

IMG_20120316_165052.jpg

IMG_20120316_165039.jpg

IMG_20120316_165029.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
you know what? They look really good, im wondering if these will go in a ph1? Im crap with electrics though haha....good job there mate.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really feeling the vibe - but good effort for trying though!

As others, I think they would look better with horizontal numbers as seen on the standard and other set of dials. And without the italics.

D.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not a fan at all. Not keen on the style of the numbers etc and I think they would p*ss me off at night. It also reminds me of a Corsa sxi.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol the night pictures you stole look ten time better imo. Sorry, but yours looks like a dialkit from a tinker toy, the italics are 'not good'; that me putting it nicely lol. It would have looked batter if you modded your old dial kit.