ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistonheads adds...

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Right i look on pistonheads now and again for a laugh and looking for a bargin ect. But twice in the last week i have seen this add. I have reported both times.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/562809.htm

This is where it gets interesting, this was my car before i changed the plates.

RenautClioxTwo05-01-082.jpg

As you can see the plates match.

My car is straight, all numbers match up HPI clear and all that crap.

But is there any think i can do to stop these potos being used ??

And one of my car now for good mearsure.

IMG_3596.jpg

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
lol!
bumpcx5.gif

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  VX220 Turbo
i'd be more worried that someones ringed your car (or your car is the ringed one) have you called the seller? be polite though as they might not know themselves. some useful places to check for chassis numbers are under the dash there's about 2/3 stickers on various parts including the clocks with the chassis number on them

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
they are the photos he got sent by the guy who he bought the car from in jan.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
My car is straight, all numbers match up, i bought my car from a decent prefomance car website, these were the first set of pictures that i recieved from the seller, then i was send another few sets before i bought the car.
My car has been Registered on my private plate ever since i have had it.

C.J

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Either that, or this guy is just using the images (like on ebay, using someones pictures to advertise their phone / ipod etc - although, he could have covered the plates)

Or, the car used to have a private plate, and when putting standard plates on, the system allocated your old plates? Long shot.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I very much doubt that because i have these pictures on my computer, also the car has the same small rust patch on the right tailpipe as when i bought the car, also the phonefolder.
So i hope its just some scammer using stolen photos.

C.J

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, i've come to the conclusion it's a scam for sure at that price.
I'll email him, acting interested.

C.J

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I emailed the seller, asking where the car was located, and if he was available this weekend for a viewing?

First response was:

Scammer said:
I have worked in UK for the last 2 years and I've purchased the car there. My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Italy. I've bring the car home with me. I decided that is better to sell it because I don `t use it anymore (the wheel is on right side and is very difficult for me to drive it in Italy) and it `s a pitty to keep such a car and not to use it.
I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal circumstances.
The price I am looking for my car is £4,000 including the shipping costs,insurance and handling(delivery to EUROPE).

Wow, I thought, this sounds great :D

CJ said:
I'm very interested, and I don't want anyone else to buy it.

How can I pay for this car? And how quick can you ship it to me?

The next reply was

Scammer said:
I would like to use a shipping company for this deal, the process is very easy and I have just bought a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and this is why I know how it works.
This company will handle the delivery of the car and also they will handle all the registration papers. If we will use it you will have 5 days to inspect the car before you decide to buy it.
I will pay delivery! The delivery time will be arround 3-4 days and the car will be delivered at your home address. In this time you will receive the tracking number of the transaction so you can use it to check the status on the company website.
Let me explain you the whole proccess:
First I will need your details, full name and address. As soon as I get the info from you I will take the car and go to the shipping company to transfer it in their custody. I will pay all the shipping charges. After the car is in their custody they will send you a confirmation and also payment instructions. They work as an escrow service and will hold the payment during the 5 days period for inspection. After the payment is confirmed to them, they will get the car to
your home address and will also give you the documents of registration and the car will be left in your custody, in this period you can inspect the car, take it to a service for inspection and drive test it. After the 5 days period is over the shipping company will come to you and if you decided to keep the car you will transfer the documents on your name
and after the car is registered on your name they will release the payment to me. If you decide not to buy the car they will get the car back and will send you a full refund of the payment.
Please e-mail me with your decision and also your full name and address!!

My final email to him

CJ said:
That sounds fantastic.

My name is Cxxxxxx Jxx, and my address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK.

Could you get hold of those little brown bears, with the italy logo on their back? I think they are called Remmacsa ru Bears?

What happens next?

Read the bold writting backwards ;)

Awaiting a reply...

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf MK6 GT TDI
had a look a this one eariler http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/548928.htm
Thought it was too good to be true, + no proper contact info, got the usual reply back...

Hi, I see you are interested of my car, first of all I have to tell you
that the vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all,no
scratches or dents, no hidden defects, no smoking. It's fun and robust to
drive. Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well.
It has title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and comes
with all the documents you need to register it. The reason I am selling
the car is because I really have to not because I don't like it anymore.
I have worked in UK for the last 2 years and I've purchased the car there.
My company wanted me back home, so currently I'm in Rome, Italy.
I've bring the car home with me. I decided that is better to sell it
because I don `t use it anymore (the wheel is on right side and is very
difficult for me to drive it in Italy) and it `s a pity to keep such a
car and not to use it.
I realize that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation
makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal circumstances.
The price I am looking for my car is £3000 including the shipping costs,
insurance and handling (delivery to EUROPE).
You will not have to pay additional taxes for this.
The car has MOT and Road tax. Also has full service history and it is
hpi cleared.
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

w*****s

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same 'Marck' dude has the £6000 mk1 vee on there too, I asked if he'd take £4000 for it, he said yes.

I'm going to string him along I think.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182 FF RB
how bad is that, there are so many of these dodgy scammers around!! Can these kind of adverts be reported to piston heads to be taken off? Only good thing to come of w8nkers like these is they are fun to play with in the 'i am interested' emails hehe cant wait to see his reply to that remmacsa ru email! lol

C.J

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It can't help legit sellers either, as they may feel they need to lower their prices after seeing these cheap cars.

C.J

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've got another reply

Scammer said:
I just came back from the shipping company, it took me a while to arrange everything, I have paid for shipping and everything, it cost me about 560 Eur, anyway it is all done, they will contact you with payment instructions and they also gave me a tracking number to track the car on their web site here it is:
You can check it on
www.world-cargos-ltd.com
Please let me know your phone number.
Let me know when they have contacted you and also the status of the car and when will get to you.Please check also you junk email because you will receive a payment invoice and sometimes they might arrive in junk folders.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got another reply

Scammer said:
I just came back from the shipping company, it took me a while to arrange everything, I have paid for shipping and everything, it cost me about 560 Eur, anyway it is all done, they will contact you with payment instructions and they also gave me a tracking number to track the car on their web site here it is:
You can check it on www.world-cargos-ltd.com
Please let me know your phone number.
Let me know when they have contacted you and also the status of the car and when will get to you.Please check also you junk email because you will receive a payment invoice and sometimes they might arrive in junk folders.
Thank you and have a nice day.
The dude with scammed up vee wanted to use that company too, the company sent me four emails saying the car was in it's container & if I paid up they'd ship it to the uk :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

C.J

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even check the website, so was unaware my details were going to be on it.
Although, it's only my work address ;)