ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my V6 on track today

well i used to work in taunton, and i used to see it all the time. Im afraid i dont really know anything about the history. The car allways looked stunning, and he used to get alot of stares when he drove through the town. I heard that the car was for sale a while back, youve got a very nice car there!!

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
well i used to work in taunton, and i used to see it all the time. Im afraid i dont really know anything about the history. The car allways looked stunning, and he used to get alot of stares when he drove through the town. I heard that the car was for sale a while back, youve got a very nice car there!!

It was the best condition one I could find for the money. It was a long trip to Taunton on the train to pick it up, but a great drive back to Norfolk!

He was an Italian chap who was selling it as he was going back to Italy. Used to work as a Chef at a Resteraunt near the M5 junction (near Sainsbury's in Taunton)

Nik

Renaultsport Clio V6
I went to a car show at Taunton race course and that Italian fella was there with that car. He told me it was around 300 bhp. Also he had painted the wheels the same colour as the intakes. It must have being the same one. Was he pulling my leg or is it tuned.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Quite Technical! Considering how simple it looks on paper. Alot of surfaces and camber changes.

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Snetterton is harder than you think for such a short course. Its great fun with 2 good long straights, on the back straight I was hitting 125 before breaking like f--k at the 100m marker. I think I may need new discs and pads!

The V6 is certainly a car than needs to be driven and requires 100% driving attention and in a lot of cases, pre-empting what its going to do - the back is very happy to step out during down shift and braking at the same time!

The car has been modified, but I think when I got it, it was running no more than say 285bhp. I will be geting it on a dyno soon, once the mods I am doing to it are finished. I hope to have it to about 320bhp by this summer.

I do not like the stripes either, but to remove them will be a big problem. Clio paint is water based and the stripes will have the tendancy to lift the level of the laquer below. I could be opening a can of worms if I take them off, so for the mean time, they will stay on.

Nik

Last edited:
  CTR--VX220D
I have removed my decals really easily with no problems with liqueur... they were quite high tack too.

I quite like them - keep them on.

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
I have removed my decals really easily with no problems with liqueur... they were quite high tack too.

I quite like them - keep them on.

Was this on the Clio?

I had a 1.2 16v and it had Clio decals on the bonnet. When I took them off, the level of the laquer below was certainly higher than the surrounding paintwork. You could only see it by getting real up close - but it was there! This was after 6 months, so as this V6 is 18 months old, I am very hesitant to remove them.

Would these stripes have been a factory option? Or did the last owner just have them done?

Nik

CTR--VX220D
Nik my decals were only on a month [and yes it was my track clio 172].

I suppose its better to be safe than sorry.

Heat them up with a hairdryer first.

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Nik my decals were only on a month [and yes it was my track clio 172].

I suppose its better to be safe than sorry.

Heat them up with a hairdryer first.

Will do if I remove them. I am just a little paranoid now as the last thing I want to do is see 2 lines of raised laquer running down the full length of the car.

Had I put the stripes on, I would have gone for a colour to complement the gold in the paint, so something like a deep bronze.

Nik

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Were the stripes factory options or was the last owner telling me porkies?

Nik

Last edited:
  Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
nice to see u left those civics lol

Certainly did, but they could out brake me in the tight bends.

Kept up with a 400 bhp R33 GTR Skyline:lolup: . On the straights he was gone, but in the more technical areas I made up the distance again.

Nik

Ad

MK2 FRS
not a factory option, if you have raised laquer just get so kind of polish with a bit of cut to it, should be easy enought to sort.

Clio
great pics! but god damn how far is that black civic type R in the first pic off the apex man, he should be huggin inside wheel on that curb!!

CTR--VX220D
It's a track day - so lots of different people with different experiences and methods.... thats whats so fun about them.

No-ones perfect ;)

Black/Gold Clio V6 PH2
Excluding the Bomb Hole, Snetterton makes me fall asleep.

But testing none the less.

There was a Blue 182 there on Saturday, and it ran rings around most cars. Must have had a good driver and knew the course. It was well suited for the wet track in the morning - unlike this:-

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l...rash/?action=view&current=Screamlikeagirl.flv

I must admit I prefer Rockingham and Bedford, but Snetterton is so cheap at the mo. £25.00 for a 25 mins session. www.BigPower.co.uk are arranging an exclusive track day for Feb 07 at £135.00 for the day or £110.00 for members.

As I have the only French car on the BigPower forum - anyone else want to go and show what Clio's can do?

Nik

Clio V6 255
Heres another pic for your viewing pleasure!

Look at that vee pull away from the evo!!!

PC162650.gif