ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picking it up Wed!! 200 EDC LUX + CUP.

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Hi.
Having regretted selling our RS250 last spring I was chomping at the bit to get back into the RS fold again so we have put a deposit down on a Mercury Silver RS200 today after test driving on a few weeks ago.
Hopefully, weather permitting, I'll get some pic's up Thursday as I'm working til 8pm Wed.
Oh, I'll be telling the dealer to not wash / prep it before we pick it up to avoid the dreaded swirls they may add to the ones they may have already applied free of charge for me!! lol.
Hopefully this forum is as friendly and informative as the Meg Sport forum I was on.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi mate. Glad to see another person on here with one as only seen a couple, and we're being overwhelmed by fiestas!

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Hi nbray67, welcome to ClioSport! :)

Cheers!

Hi mate. Glad to see another person on here with one as only seen a couple, and we're being overwhelmed by fiestas!

Ha ha. Actually went to see the Fiesta ST, 208GTi (drove one today) and the RS. We ruled the ST straight off, don't like the big mouth grill or the cabin. The GTi was a nice car to drive in truth, not a bad price too, 16k pre-reg with delivery miles. The RS however blew the other 2 away on looks and overall drive, the EDC box is quirky but works well. Looking forward to getting some miles into it.

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Picked it up this morning and only been able to take a couple of phone pic's, hopefully they'll be some better pictures once I've got some protection onto it over the weekend, weather permitting!!

niShFlWl.jpg
13OpZ7pl.jpg
nLe4TALl.jpg

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Cheers lads, and yes, Reno Wakefield as it was the closest dealer that actually had the RS in to test drive / view, they are as rare as hen's teeth!!

Andy Swann, very laid back and a nice guy btw, at Harratt's sorted us out a cracking deal on it, came down quite a bit from our original enquiry early in March.

I like the Red but really wanted the Mercury as our previous RS250 was a flat colour.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Cheers lads, and yes, Reno Wakefield as it was the closest dealer that actually had the RS in to test drive / view, they are as rare as hen's teeth!!

Andy Swann, very laid back and a nice guy btw, at Harratt's sorted us out a cracking deal on it, came down quite a bit from our original enquiry early in March.

I like the Red but really wanted the Mercury as our previous RS250 was a flat colour.

bloody hell they let you test drive one?!

welcome to the club mate, car looks awesome! The mk4 is really growing on me

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Test drive not a problem mate, are they pretty hard to get a test drive in then??

By what I've read on here it was mate yeah. Came across as you'd only get a test drive if you'd already left a deposit on one lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It actually looks good because you can't see all the silly Silver bit like other colours show up!

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Looks really nice that, how you finding the drive?

Drove it home 40 mile but never got my foot down once, I'll wait til the weekend for that! It does drive very nice tho, nice purr from the engine too.

By what I've read on here it was mate yeah. Came across as you'd only get a test drive if you'd already left a deposit on one lol

The guy at Harratt's didn't bat an eyelid when we asked, sorted within 5 mins!!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Welcome. Car looks great. I've only seen a red one out and about but think I prefer the mercury to the others.

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Agreed - needs silver wheels.

Black wheels are so very 2008.

EFA - the best colour

Not as in your face or flashy as any others but it just looks so damn good. For me though the wheels need to be a silver/grey not black

I thought the same when seeing pic's on the net but when you see it in the flesh they compliment it really well. Anthracite wheels are beaut but I'm not sure if they would be lost on this with it being Mercury where as Silver wheels imo kinda look like standard wheels if you know what I mean.

200 EDC LUX + CUP
Agreed - needs silver wheels.

Black wheels are so very 2008.

EFA - the best colour

Not as in your face or flashy as any others but it just looks so damn good. For me though the wheels need to be a silver/grey not black

Just ordered mine yesterday in Mercury. Love the colour with the black alloys. Just got a 3 month wait now 

3 months!! We put the deposit down on the weekend and the wait til the following Wednesday was loooong!!! You'll be chomping at the bit with 4 wks to go, good luck with it, you'll love it.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Picked it up this morning and only been able to take a couple of phone pic's, hopefully they'll be some better pictures once I've got some protection onto it over the weekend, weather permitting!!

niShFlWl.jpg
13OpZ7pl.jpg
nLe4TALl.jpg
IMAG0015-2.jpg
Lovely colour, compare how they look, i like it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think the detail of the wheel is lost in the arches and against the tyre in black.
A simple alteration to a light anthracite or a high gloss silver would look amazing imo. If you were worried about it looking "pov spec" maybe the Clio IV RS wasn't the best choice of vehicle as they all look the same to the casual glance (lolz)

200 EDC LUX + CUP
If anyone gets to test drive one, ask the salesman to let you try the 'launch control', fcuk me!! That is awesome! Just tried it tonight on a quick blast, made the wife panic a little!! Ha ha.

Megane R26
3 months!! We put the deposit down on the weekend and the wait til the following Wednesday was loooong!!! You'll be chomping at the bit with 4 wks to go, good luck with it, you'll love it.

Tell me about it mate, it's not been a week yet and I'm tired of waiting lol

200 EDC LUX + CUP
For those of us who own the new Clio RS, be warned, the anti-roll bar bushes are a problem that Reno know about but are not, as yet, making it public or known to those of us who have already bought the new RS.

Ours, with only 70 mile on the clock when we picked it up, was, every now and then, making a knocking / cracking noise on the front end, right underneath the pedals. Due to work and the distance to the dealer, it's only just gone in for diagnosis with less than 1k on it.

The technician who came to drive it to hear the noise said it was the A.R bushes before we even got in the car, the 2min drive confirmed it. Reno are replacing the RS bushes with standard Clio III A.R bushes as these seem to be curing the problem.

I'll get more info on the 31st May once it's been sorted, I'm more interested on a long term solution as standard bushes should not, in reality, be replacing bushes designed for the chassis set up of the RS.

I'd be speaking with my dealer if I were you if you are in any doubt about this hush hush problem that Reno are having with these bushes.

Suzuki Jimny
Love it. I wouldn't bet on anything being changed on future ones. Renault still refuse that there was an issue with the 172 melting wheel, the melting 197/200 wheel, the dodgy 197/200 gearbox and the 197/200 steering rack.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i thought sport would have had different arb bushes i would get the dealer to double check the actis part number with the sport ones.