ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up the "flu" Abarth 500

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Anyone seen where to get the yellow Brembos for the 500. Im wanting some for my 182 and saw they come yellow as standard on some 500's.
I know you can repaint red ones but when you get them standard from brembos the logo isnt a decal its actually painted somehow into the caliper and looks incredible.

koi

Audi S1
Well get a lot of comments about the girly petal wheels so put an end to that and comments about the size...I'm used to it.

Only ever seen the proper calipers come in the big brake kit so don't know where you would buy it separate.

koi

Audi S1
Picked up Koni FSD front shocks so fitted these along with Eibach Pro springs and the coupe bump stops, such a big transformation! Not sure if it's the shocks or the springs but handles so much better now and soaks up the bumps.

Also got some bits and pieces done in matte black. Progress so far:

IMG_6015.jpg

koi

Audi S1
Been a busy week, think I need to do the whisker/handles/boot handle matte black as well. Think it will be easier to Plastidip but not sure how durable it will be on the door handles.

There's no ridge on the alloys so don't think a centre cap will stay on without silicon. Rears have a hub nut cover, does anyone know where I can get something like this for the front?

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Wow the wheels look lovely ! Are the brembos noticeably better than standard brakes ?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Really starting to like these, can defiantly see one replacing my 182 when they come down in price.

koi

Audi S1
Wow the wheels look lovely ! Are the brembos noticeably better than standard brakes ?
Brembos are better but probably overkill for a car this size. Upgraded discs and pads would be enough and better value for money.

koi

Audi S1
Love these, got such attitude

Thought about changing the rear lights to the newer style??

Xenons is hard to retrofit in these so would like the newer style halogen lights as well.

Not sure whether to get the new rear lights or get smoked ones.

Clio 182 - RB
Xenons is hard to retrofit in these so would like the newer style halogen lights as well.

Not sure whether to get the new rear lights or get smoked ones.
New lights AND smoked, best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
With the exception of the of the silly 500L and it's siblings, its nice to see Fiat maintaining a small, almost cute platform that is appealing. The likes of Mini have lost their way completely with the newer models - hideous, bloated, tall things that just don't appear to match the brands' criteria and focus at all. You might as well just buy a Mondeo estate and put round headlights on it.

To the OP - those wheels look epic. Definitely an improvement!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
New rear style lights are a pain to install. Separate fog light to install in the centre of the diffuser I think.

Worth it though as they modernise the entire look.

Ben on here has fitted them onto his missus' car so might be able to advise further.

koi

Audi S1
Wheels are Oz Leggenda.

Yeah seen Ben's, looks good with the fog in the diffuser. F1 style

You can get a Bluespark or TMC plug in box to up the standard 135 bhp to about 160.