ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my 182.

F56 MINI Cooper S
So today I picked up my 182 that I put a deposit down on last weekend. Dropped the Fiesta off, filled the Clio up and drove home, then of course gave her a wash! Polished, Sealed, Waxed and finally put on my Cliosport stickers. Also, put in my silvertec bulbs which I had kept from my first Clio. Really good car, loving it, awesome to drive, but the only thing is that one of my xenon headlights have gone out already. Is this just a replacement bulb that I can buy?

Few pics, just up the drive.

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

Jordi.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Cheers. Re the tints, I wasnt too sure but tbh they have been professionally put in so am keeping them for the time being, plus my CS sticker stands out more :)

Worst colour, No cup packs and tints. :/

If the bulb flickered it'll be the ballast not the bulb, £60 on ebay and its a bumper off job. If its not that it could be the igniter, £20 off ebay (infact I have one sitting here) which is just as of a PITA to do.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why am I not surprised to see who owns that car.

Anyway the colour is awesome but a 182 without cup packs is kind of a waste.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Biggest load of b****cks that is, I'm happy with it so you can keep your unwanted comments to yourself. The tints arnt great, but I would rather a mechancially sound non cupped one than a ropey one with cup packs

Biggest load of b****cks that is, I'm happy with it so you can keep your unwanted comments to yourself. The tints arnt great, but I would rather a mechancially sound non cupped one than a ropey one with cup packs

LOL. Don't want the advice on the headlight either by the looks of it? ungrateful sod.

320d
It looks clean. I like silver wheels on the titanium 182's.

Needs a cup spoiler and get rid of those tints, frankly, they look terrible.

Its a nice blanc canvas though. I like buying standard cars.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
The car looks good. I really like the tinted windows. I always wanted to get them done on mine, just to keep the car a bit cooler when it eventually gets hot in this country and to make it harder to look inside the car.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I like Titanium 182's, gotto be Cup packed for me though.

You will improve it with time.

Good buy tho.

225 Cup & Williams
Lol I would rather have a non cup pack one than a cup pack one tbh so much more options suspension wise and it's not hard to fit a cup spoiler and front splitter.

Looks Great Jordi.

Megane 225 F1
LOL at people slating him for not having a cup packed 182. Just lol!

Nice tidy motor you have there. Tints do look a bit dark tbh. I'll try and get a pic of mine which has light tints on the back (and no one has ever picked up on it. Just goes to show that tints can be accepted ;) )

Steve speaks sense. Cup suspension makes coilovers a pain if the op wants to go that route. And a cup splitter is THE biggest waste of money someone could put on a clio when the skoda one is only a tenner and cup spoilers come up for sale all the time. Not to mention that silver wheels > amphasite wheels.

F56 MINI Cooper S
LOL. Don't want the advice on the headlight either by the looks of it? ungrateful sod.

What? I've done a search and people have suggested to buy a set of bulbs online, so i shall do this seeing as the bulbs are only £13.99. They are not flickering, just stopped working and isnt coming back on

F56 MINI Cooper S
Lol I would rather have a non cup pack one than a cup pack one tbh so much more options suspension wise and it's not hard to fit a cup spoiler and front splitter.

Looks Great Jordi.
Exactly, splitter is a easy fix, wheels i silver are better, suspension - meh, and again spoiler isnt the end of the world. Thanks for comment mate

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
looks clean, nice to see a standard one with the edition of tints which i like.

im sure you'll mod it perfectly over the time of it being in your ownership :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Xenon bulbs only ££13.99?? Since when?

Take it back its from a garage iirc??!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Looks in good order (apart from the tints).

You could discuss the headlamp issue with the garage. Sales of goods et al.

People this is Jordi, he won't listen to your advice so wouldn't really waste your time giving it.

His toys will be out of the pram instantly, if you say anything he doesn't like.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Tints look amazingly terrible/chav/crap but it looks in good nick.

Forgot how pea shooter like the standard exhausts are but I'm sure you've got your own plans for it.

F56 MINI Cooper S
knew the tints would get slated, they were on there when I bought it, wasnt going to turn it down just because of tints. Rest of the bodywork is mint and I like titanium silver. Not bothered about cup packs as I can add these parts with eas anyway. Mileage is 54k and belts done a year ago

Looks good.

Get yourself a new exhaust though looks and sounds much better. Millteks are nice IMO.

Also get back that garage and get them to fix the Xenon.

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
ignore the negative comments mate, it's your car at the end of the day and if you're happy with it then that's all that matters. I'm with everyone on the tints but that body work looks immaculate!!!! Mileage is good and belts done a year ago is a pound saver. Like everyone is saying, get back to the garage about the xenon though. You should have a min of 3 months minimum warranty and xenon's arn't cheap

F56 MINI Cooper S
Ye i know thanks mate, bought it because I know the tints are easily fixed, a ropey engine isnt. The xenon headlight is abit odd as its working again, went out to it tonight turned on the lights and they work again, maybe just an electrical fault? and ye also i took out extra warranty just incase

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Sometimes my passenger xenon doesn't come on, but turn the lights on and off again and it fires. Probably a starter but I cba to fix it tbh.

Clio 172
Lovely car mate, this site is for all clios so as far as I'm concerned people shouldn't be so negative about someone elses car about something as small as small as having tints? :p