ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request for Nitrous set ups on Clio's

16v
As above please let if you have one fitted and how and where you fitted the bottled and so on.. pics would be great thank you.. :D

clio 172 sport, zxr6
ive got it fitted in my car m8 shearch for the thread i posted " my new boot install " there is pics of the bottle set up etc

Shed.
its still squirting since you installed it ? is it a constant 70bhp jet ?

how much does a can of that s**t cost you and..................is it legal ?

clio 172 sport, zxr6
yeah it is m8 not drove it for a couple of weeks cos iam away working at the min. got the 2 bottles full ready for the fcs

clio 172 sport, zxr6
sorry its £500 ish for the kit then its around £55 per bottle for a re fill and it doesnt last long but it works

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
can last for a good few continious minutes depending on jet size...but you would never hold it down for more than a few seconds and most....you simply dont need to!

1.8 8v RSi
you forgot to mention it's not road legal....if the police pull you over and find it connected they can do you for it....but as long as you finished having your fun and you disconect it from the nitro bottle then police can't do anything about it.....oh and i think your supposed to have one of those magnettic caution signs on the the car where the bottle is...(i.e left side of the boot, place magnetic sign on left side of the boot)

16v
you forgot to mention it's not road legal....if the police pull you over and find it connected they can do you for it....but as long as you finished having your fun and you disconect it from the nitro bottle then police can't do anything about it.....oh and i think your supposed to have one of those magnettic caution signs on the the car where the bottle is...(i.e left side of the boot, place magnetic sign on left side of the boot)

ALL OFF THE ABOVE IS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE CONFIRMED IT ALL WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND MY LOCAL POLICE STATION. :rolleyes:

1.8 8v RSi

I HAVE CONFIRMED IT ALL WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND MY LOCAL POLICE STATION. :rolleyes:

i still beg to differ...mock me for my sorces fi you like but in fast car and max power, i've red that having a connected nitrous system is not road legal. as for the warning sticker on the boot. my neighbour is a paramedic and has an oxygen bottle in the boot of his car and said he needs to have the magnetic warning label on alogn with everyone else who carries compressed gas

16v
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This should clear up any misunderstanings about the legal side of things[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q) Is nitrous legal on road cars? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A) The legality of nitrous use on the road varies from country to country, even within the EU. However, contrary to what many people believe (including some police officers) nitrous oxide injection is legal for road use in the UK and many other countries (just as are turbo chargers and superchargers). According to the Ministry of Transport, the Highway Code and the MOT handbook there is no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. However just as with any tuning modification, the owner must inform their insurance company and obtain adequate cover otherwise any performance modification would be illegal. Therefore the only way you will break the law by having your street car fitted with a nitrous kit in the UK, is if you fail to inform your insurance company that you have one. Insuring a nitrous injected vehicle has become easier since WON joined forces with Adrian Flux to provide all their customers with a better chance of obtaining adequate insurance cover. Some other insurance companies such as Greenlight Insurance also offer cover for nitrous equipped cars.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is a degree of confusion over the need to have a hazard warning sticker on the outside of the car. We previously explained that nitrous oxide is neither a flammable nor a hazardous gas but it is an oxidiser. There is a legal requirement for commercial vehicles to display a suitable sticker but this does not apply to private vehicles, which are not even obliged to display a green compressed gas sticker. However, displaying such a warning sticker might well be advantageous to you and the emergency services if you were to be involved in any kind of accident, as this would inform them that you were carrying a container of compressed oxidiser.[/FONT]

1.8 8v RSi
ok, that will do me. I havent heard any update on nitrous for at least a year now. So I'll accept I'm wrong. Glad thats cleared that up or this woulda gone on forever lol

Rentech Mike used to have it on his 172... PM him im sure he'll give you all the info you need to know :)

T

thecremeegg

Have to say thats news to me, i always thought it was illegal lol

many

many
i looked in to this some time ago called the po and was told in no unsertain terms no with a capital N also no insurance company in the country would cover it it in 2004 but if you want to drive around with a bombe under you ass good on ya its a laugh eh

lol Some people are so naive ...... why everyone makes such a big deal over nitrous being illegal i dont know.

After all its only another way of increasing car performance

- ITS NOT ILEGAL AND YES YOU CAN GET INSURED VIA ADRIAN FLUX