ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone: HTC Desire vs iPhone?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The "hopefully" part is the problem lol. May give it another month or 2 and if still no joy sod it. Should be some well polished ROMS by then also...

But you are right, 2.2 with sense will be packed full to the brim with win imo:approve:.
One of the best bits will be apps to SD. Will open up so much more scope when it comes to things like games.

182FF with cup packs
One of the best bits will be apps to SD. Will open up so much more scope when it comes to things like games.

The 2.2 apps toSD isn't the best thing. It puts the apps to yourmemory card yes, but that means when you plug itinto your PC and it dismounts the memory card you lose access to those apps.

This is why it's on an app per app basis and it has to be allowed by the app designer (though you can override that).

The custom ROMversion app2sd is better, becaus you create a totally seperate partition on theSD card which doesn't get dismounted when you mount the normaldata partitionon the PC when connectec via USB. Problemis that 99% of phone users wouldn't know how to partition an SD with a ext3 and a FAT32 partitionif their life depended on it, so they have done a halfway house of compromise.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
So what did you allocate for the system (ext3) partition? I always just select charge only when plugged in my PC (work or home) unless I specifically need to do something on it so shouldn't be to much of an issue?

182FF with cup packs
I have a 512mb ext3 and a 512mb swap partition in addition to a 15gb fat32 partition.

All of my installed apps are moved to the ext3 partition which means i have more free memory as well.

Not all aps will even give you the ability to install to SD anyway. You wouldn't want your messenger apps to all quit any time you connected to your PC to transfer some music on.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking more like 2gig on my 8gig card. See what your saying about the messenger apps for some people, but it wouldn't bother me for the ones I use.
The amount of apps that let you install to SD will increase massively once the providers send 2.2 out on new phones.

Mugen Type R/SLK55 AMG
Ouch, you got beat.

Needless to say i'm happy to prove you wrong on almost anything. Not just phones.

Prove me wrong, prove me wrong ohh it turns you on hahahahaha give a f**k :rasp:

You = Cyber Loser

Me = Social Winner

iPhone 4 = Shat

HTC Desire Android 2.2 = Win

horse_laughing.jpg