ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 clio bonnet

Phs1 172
Hi all; v quick question, are all mk2 phase 1 clio bonnets the same? They look to be but I want to just double check.

Regards, Gareth.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
You can get the alloy ones or the normal steel ones IIRC the alloy ones are lighter than a carbon fibre one, although fitment is the same

Phs1 172
You can get the alloy ones or the normal steel ones IIRC the alloy ones are lighter than a carbon fibre one, although fitment is the same

Ahh I see. So would a phs1 172 have an alloy bonnet? If so I would like to replace like for like.

Gareth.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Hit and miss tbh mate, think it all depends on what Renault had lying around at the time of production! Theres no set reg's etc that have it some x reg's do some don't same for the shift light some did some didnt.
Easiest way to check is try and stick a magnet on it, if it don't stick its alloy

Ph1
The shift light was discontinued late on as when i got mine i took it back to the dealers complaining it wasn't working. The dealers contacted Renault UK who faxed over a letter saying they had omitted it.

IIRC some didnt even have a alloy spare. Later ones were just cobbled together with what ever was laying about the factory lol

Phs1 172
Ahh ok. I had'nt realised some had and some had'nt.

If the alloy bonnet was a sport only thing, then I would have defo replaced it with an alloy one, but as thats not the case I wont worry to much if its steel or alloy.

Thanks for the advice, Gareth.