ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Engine bay was next on the list, mine was really letting the rest of the car down in terms of showing off.. how it was before the fun began

DSC05201.jpg

So work has began, first up was to paint the upper inlet manifold & masked it all up like so

DSC00711.jpg

So 20 minutes later i peeled all the news paper/masking tape off to reveal the the newly painted parts

DSC00713.jpg

Then left to dry... then sanded down the lettering & then added a little polish & installed

DSC00714.jpg

Then did a temp fit with the carbon cover

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

Over all i'm happy with the 3 hours work/waiting for the paint to dry, so with that done i have decided to carry on getting it back to glory, next job is a bottle of black ink to re-die the sound deadning as you can see its looking abit un-loved from years of driving, do plan to de-grease the whole engine bay, polish aircon lines, treat all plastic with AG vinyl cleanner get a black samco bend & some AST/KTR top mounts to add the wow factor to the clio bay :cool:

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Mmmm liking that MoRpH3uS seems you copied me though? :rasp:

Serious note, think i may do some thing like that with the fuel rail gaurd, gotta get a cheap samco bend!

Looks like the fuel rail gaurd is gonna spend a night in some thing corrosive to strip it all back ;)

James

Bumder With A Buffer
Like the upper manifold bit. Any idea what kind of paint you used?? Guessing just normal paint on high temp stuff??

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Cheers guys, was happy for a total of less than 3 hours work/waiting :approve:.. Just used halfords satin black rattle can paint, will see if it gets to hot & peels off lol

Ill have one if ones going;)

Yea course mate, what colour - black or silver? still gotta get your acoustic valve off! will hopefully put a guide together ;)

James

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
little some thing you may wanna do is take off your water bottle fill it with dry rice and give it a good shake, should come up like new :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
little some thing you may wanna do is take off your water bottle fill it with dry rice and give it a good shake, should come up like new :)

Sweet! didnt know that, erm where can i get dry ice from though :S

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
yeah i can promise it works, sand can work too you just gotta make sure you rinse out well, i called it a water bottle but i think its the coolant? i still could be wrong i dont own a clio yet ya see.
iv cleaned bottles with dry rice with a little turps in the bottle shake it about and it should clean up.

loverly car lad, this colour and carbon fiber detailing is what i had in mind before reading your thread :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
James, your cars mint! Deffo going to be wanting some carbon bits for mine too!

Cheers mate, Keep your eyes on this thread, more goodies to come soon :cool:.. You coming lakeside meet sunday? I'll be bringing the Carbon Clio down if you wanna see it all in the flesh ;)

where are the carbon bits from? ebay?

Like MoRpH3uS has said, either Tonyt or ebay, Tony does all my bits, Cant fault him at all ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Engine bay is finished, there are a few bits that could still be done but for some thing that gets open once in a blue moon i think this is far as it goes for tarting wise, still working on a batterey cover though! Samco induction bend all on too :cool:

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

Carbon Fusebox cover is for sale if anyone's interested drop me a Pm ;)

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Another busy afternoon @ the JMS-Tuning workshop yesterday, began work on finishing the up-rated cold air feeds ( CAF'S )

So the idea started from seeing markcups at surrey rolling road a few months ago but i couldnt justify buying another airbox ( espace V6 ) & another pannel filter then Nickcup172 did the same thing & took me out for a spin, was very impressed, more so with the noise it made when it came on cam @ 5k which ment you could drive below 5k without sounding like your entering a race track then when you did hit 5k ( play time ;) ) it has the noise you want

So heres the work, for those that havent removed a Ph2 airbox & seen the CAF's you probarbly wont be able to make much sense of all this lol

So standard caf along side the new 70mm

DSC00747.jpg

As you can see the standard feed is tiny, so this is where the first issue occurs but is easily fixed by abit of chopping cutting, the actual hole from the airbox is 70mm but it gets reduced to under 50mm for some reason, can only think because of space issue, as you can see in the pic below, the right hand side is what clips into the airbox then the piece on the left hand said is the "reducer" that i cut off

DSC00748.jpg

So then i got my new CAF & used duct sealing tape from a pipe fitter at work & attached the clips so it was a simple plug and play when removing for serviceing/work on the car

DSC00753.jpg

And attached an end to clean it up

DSC00754.jpg

Nice & tidy inside

DSC00751.jpg

Here's a mock fit of what the CAF looks like when it will be on the car, do bare in mind this is the second cold airfeed, not the one that you see when you open your bonnet that connects to the acoustic valve

DSC00752.jpg

There is nothing you can do about the bend, 172 non-cup just doesnt have the room for anything to be done :dapprove: but its still alot smoother/bigger feed then the standard so with that done its installed along with the airbox then the end is fed through the hole where the old feed used to clip in

Then finnaly it was a case of cutting up the other standard feed ( one that connects to the acoustic valve ) & fitting, i ran this down to the wheel arch in this pic

DSC00755.jpg

But i have now shortend the wheel arch cold airfeed to rougly 6", so it now just runs straight out of the airbox & stops - no bends, the reason for this you ask? well i did 30 minutes of spirited driving & although the engine bay was red hot all the metal round by the batterey was stone cold so the less bends the better in my opinon & since its cold enough there & the fact the ITG maxogan gets it feed from there i cant see it being a problem

So the conclusion -

Much sharper engine response but more noticable is the pull above 5k along with an engine note change, shame it can only just be heard over the straight through system & de-cat but over all i'm very happy with it the new set-up

James

Black Gold Trophy
I did the same recently, I'm not sure if the one on the side of the airbox is better left off all together! Where did you feed the one that attaches at the bottom of the airbox?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Have now cut the one on the side down to roughly 6", keeps the induction noise down, remove it completely & it burbles to much in the low RPM, cars loud enough with the other toys lol

The airfeed that runs undereath still gets air from the same place as before, seems more than cold enough there, would rather that then loads of bends running down the wheel arch to the front grill

Clio 182 :)
Good work mate, still I think front grill caf is better...

Yes there are more bends, but the air is forced into the caf, so... :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
May have a play with some diffrent routes still but think unless its set-up like markcup's the bends will out do the benefit of forced induction, Dam aircon pump taking all the space :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Got home from work today & decided to have another play with the cold air feeds, Been playing on my mind all week...

So first thing was the bend under the air box, was worried about it rubbing through as its all fairly tight in there so picked up a 70mm PVC bend from work & installed like so

air.jpg

A much smoother bend than before & has plenty of clearance from the gearbox

So with that done i moved onto the entrance to the feeds, the current was not exactly stream line for the air flow so i began work on a home made trumpet

air2.jpg

another half hours work later i had completely smothed the joint & cleanned it all up, afraid i was coverered in glue & filings so didn't get a picture but you get the idea, so now both feeds have the custom JMS inlet trumpets!

So all bolted on i went for a test drive, The performance analyzer shows a 1.2kw ( 1.6+hp ) improvement from the other run 2 hours previous, of course there are alot of variations when using a live rolling road but for just over an hours work i'm pleassed with the outcome, will report back in the next weeks for my views, loving the poor man's V-tec yoooo noise :rasp:

I've had a few Pm's about this so thought i would just post up pics to show..

Old air feeds :

Oldfeed.jpg

48mm

New air feeds :

newfeed.jpg

71mm

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
loving the inlet trumpet, you catch on fast ;)

Cheers dude, they dont call me bullet for nothing lol, really happy with the results, shame i couldnt route it smoothly to a grill though, dam aircon unit! sure i'll love it in the summer though

James

Petrol Blue 182.
i bloody wonderd where my tumble dryer hose thing went! you pikey! haha looking good mate! will see you at the staines meet with my super cool new mod lmao ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Well its been on the list for a while as i had started to notice gear stick play, juddering in traffic & 1st gear having its moments so i was pretty sure its was the lower engine mount & rather doing something boring like just replacing it for standard i opted for the Powerflex up-rated one :approve:

DSC00397.jpg

My view - The best mod for under £50 i have bought for the car, end of! the car just feels so much sharper & in-tune so to speak, foot down & the power deliverey is instant, all gears feel tight & now its ace through traffic its also made heel to toe alot easyer as theres no "play" as such between the blip & down shift! the only flaw to all these benefits is there is an increase in vibrartion through the steering wheel at idle, you wouldnt even know when in motion, but thats me just being really picky, for most i'm sure they wouldnt even notice but i thought i would put it in before people go buying & moaning about it, but over all the pro's mega out weigh the con's :)