ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 lightweight replacement door cards

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Can anyone send me a link of where to buy some carbon or any other lightweight front door cards? I will be taking out the window motor. Thanks.

clio 182
Im not too sure about that mate, its also something i would like to know, im sure someone more knowledgeable will reply soon

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Yes I am still making these, I need to fund my blown engine lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,008 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
  Clio 182
Yes I am still making these, I need to fund my blown engine lol.
ouch! do you have a standard template you cut from or can you customise them? The reason i ask is my mate has cut the door our and all the ones i can find like in the links above have the cut out curved bits which go on the hinge side, i don't want that as we don't have that bit they are designed to fit around!!

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Yes if you can explain what you want I can cut them for you, no problem as I will just adapt the template I have. I attach the standard shape I cut, but can cut it differently if you wish.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 123
  Clio 182
Hi Simon,

I've added a line to your picture to show what I think we need. Basically I think we need as wide on the door as you can. I've uploaded a photo of our door and as you can see we have cut a lot away. We also probably won't want any of the other cut outs, maybe just the door handle but i need to work out how we are going to mount that!

Do you think you could make it fit this? If so we want the two front doors, plus the rear fills and fuel tank. Also what material are you using ?

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• door card.jpg
    door card.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9850.JPG
    IMG_9850.JPG
    629.6 KB · Views: 76

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
Hi Dave,
OK understand what you need, I can cut that straight up from the corner to the top. Got an idea about the door handle. Use the standard door hole and use a bracket mounted on doorcard to secure the door handle. The door card material is 3mm black plastic with a slight pattern, I am also making them out of aluminium and carbon fibre effect 2mm ABS.
Cheers Simon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  Clio 182
Hi Simon - as per my other message this is the shape we need - although as i say without any holes cut for handles etc.
Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 14.24.53.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 14.24.53.png
    478.3 KB · Views: 105

Track-car-doorcards

ClioSport Trader
  clio 172 Mk 2 - 2003
I am also making these out of carbon effect material now if people interested just message me! Just £40 more on what ever options you choose.
Cheers Simon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg