ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 ABS problems.

spasimodo

ClioSport Club Member
Hi
Having problems with my 172 ABS. It works fine under normal driving conditions, however when I'm slowing for a junction or any other reason, just as I'm literally at slow walking place ABS cuts in hard for no apparent reason. It's quite dangerous because it can cause me to overshoot at a junction or if slowing in traffic, places me in danger of rear ending the car in front.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Spaz.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
As above check your abs rings, and Abs sensors. The sensors are held in by one Allen bolt. Usually very rusty. Soak and if it doesn't turn out, I found tightening it slightly before loosening, freed mine. I then cleaned the sensor up as mine were gunked up. Sorted my issues which where the exact same as yours.

spasimodo

ClioSport Club Member
Hmph, broken nearside ABS reluctor ring. So removing lower balljoint arm to release driveshaft (both sides) and replacing ABS rings - relatively easy. Getting lower balljoint arms to re-align with the two retaining bolts - a pita.