ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172s

172 Ph1
Here are my two

IMG_6480.JPG

And the second one that's off road having some work done.
Make that lots of work done

IMG_6481.JPG

And it's current state

IMG_6479.JPG

Work in progress

View attachment 189439 View attachment 189441 View attachment 189440 owned three ph1's now, can't get enough of them! Top silver one is no more but still got the black one and now a pretty standard silver one as my daily
Sweet!

Think is my before intermittent and after short
I picked up my 172 just this evening

I'm in love 1000 times more again
Now I'm just waiting for my stickers from my subscription and some other finishers
c31602fedf4ffb07598ec61b49af9c65.jpg
1f72a7a66e06c0f48496975c02a1c8fa.jpg
a895ada59cc43ca9037930ab1570fcab.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I want that oddy!

At 50k, that's asking to be rescued!

Unfortunately, we're hoping to buy a house this year but if not, I'd definantly contemplate getting that.

Last edited:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I want that oddy!

At 50k, that's asking to be rescued!

Unfortunately, we're hoping to buy a house this year but if not, I'd definantly contemplate getting that.
Houses will still be there next year you know! That clio definitely needs to go to an enthusiast, and before a dealer gets it and lumps another £6k on the price.

Renault 197
I definitely should of kept my old Silver one.
But just never used it enough. (Too many other cars)

Attachments

• IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    360.6 KB · Views: 65
  182 cup
Had a minter, sold it for deposit funds. Now rehomed this p1 that's needs love. Thin on the ground now tbf.

Attachments

• IMG_3779.JPG
    IMG_3779.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 64

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
I still have my ph1 sunflower that I bought 10 years ago. Has been standing in the back garden for 4 years now. It is fully original apart from eibach springs which replaced the originals when one broke. Have been collecting parts on and off for a few years now and considering put it back on the road.

Want to get the wheels cleaned up. What other wheels can I use to stick it on ? Will any Clio wheels fit ? I see a few are starting to rust here and there. Where should I look for the rust ? How do I keep it at bay ?

Attachments

• IMG_20170813_155841.jpg
    IMG_20170813_155841.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
  172 Cup
I still have my ph1 sunflower that I bought 10 years ago. Has been standing in the back garden for 4 years now. It is fully original apart from eibach springs which replaced the originals when one broke. Have been collecting parts on and off for a few years now and considering put it back on the road.

Want to get the wheels cleaned up. What other wheels can I use to stick it on ? Will any Clio wheels fit ? I see a few are starting to rust here and there. Where should I look for the rust ? How do I keep it at bay ?

Wheels wise, stick with the OZ F1s and see if you can source some Renault centre caps. However, they're becoming as rare as hen's teeth so here's another option http://www.cliosport.net/threads/make-your-own-oz-f1-centre-caps.714721/page-3 if you wish to avoid expense and maintain an OEM look.

Rust wise, check around the fuel filler cap http://www.cliosport.net/threads/fixing-rust-in-the-petrol-filler.804991/#post-11334521, around the rear wheel arches, and around the jacking areas on the sills which are susceptible to damage. If it's merely surface rust, you can rub down, treat, prime, re-paint and underseal.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
I'm looking for temporary wheels while it sits idle and I get the F1 fixed up.
I have a ton of wheel centers already. Have been collecting them lol

Wheels wise, stick with the OZ F1s and see if you can source some Renault centre caps. However, they're becoming as rare as hen's teeth so here's another option http://www.cliosport.net/threads/make-your-own-oz-f1-centre-caps.714721/page-3 if you wish to avoid expense and maintain an OEM look.

Rust wise, check around the fuel filler cap http://www.cliosport.net/threads/fixing-rust-in-the-petrol-filler.804991/#post-11334521, around the rear wheel arches, and around the jacking areas on the sills which are susceptible to damage. If it's merely surface rust, you can rub down, treat, prime, re-paint and underseal.

172 Cup
I'm looking for temporary wheels while it sits idle and I get the F1 fixed up.
I have a ton of wheel centers already. Have been collecting them lol

Ah right, fair doos! Need 4 x 100 PCD and of at least 15" in order to fit to hubs and clear front brake calipers. Could always check Sales section of forums and/or a Wanted ad up to see if anyone on here has some old & cheap wheels with tyres suitable for the job.

Nice one on the centre caps - keep them safe :smile::up:

B9 Audi A4 Sport
I never used to be keen on the shape but now i much prefer them over the PH2. The standard wheels and front end really does it for me. I always keep my eye out for any decent examples for sale.

Reading this thread truly makes me a proud owner of my pearl black 172. Currently I'm in the body shop to spray it over and I can't wait untill she's back out.
What makes this car so special is the fact that I'm probably 1 of 4 172 (ph1 and ph2) in my country, Trinidad and Tobago, and 1 of 2 ph1 currently on the streets. On that note almost all my parts have to be imported from the UK. Definitely one of a kind! Currently only has 105xxxkm on the clock considering it's age.

Currently awaiting head gasket kit, plugs and head bolts from engine Dynamics to refresh my head because I noticed the oil has been burning a bit (assuming it's valve seals)
Quick release steering
And some little finishing badges

My wishlist sorted from the highest priority :

1. Extra ph1 gearbox or rebuild kit
2. All four abs sensors
3. ITBs ( because my Accel cable forever sticks after changing twice already)
4. Healthy sounding exhaust system from ktecracing
5. 17" speedline turinis

I'm hoping I can get someone from the mainland to purchase an extra gearbox Incase any thing goes wrong and ship it to me. But no luck just yet

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Isn't she lovely [emoji7]
09a5464d0c4c58ac7d6b819107d4578e.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

SG9 Forester STi
I have such a soft spot for these. Once had a minter but sold it...still regretting that.

A bit of a selfish present but bought the OH one as a surprise for his birthday. We literally have a room full of clio parts right now just waiting to be fitted.

You can't not love a PH1!