ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 Not Turning Over

PH1 172 - 83' Golf
Right Guys,

I brought a PH1 172 on basis of it being a non runner (hydrolocked engine).
Since then I've replaced the engine I've had it running, but wasn't running great due to faulty MAF & ICV which have now both been replaced.
I went to start it yesterday and nothing, fuel pump not priming, no click from starter. Zero! Charged the battery and nothing again, checked the battery and that was dead as a dodo (holding no charge)
I replaced the battery this morning and still have the same issue. Ive checked all the relays & fuses I know of. The battery in BOTH key fobs. The gearbox earth and others.

Ive done some reading, some people are saying TDC Sensor but from experience they wouldn't stop the engine from turning over. Others say immobiliser fault.

Could anyone shed some light on my situation. Im completely out of idea's.
If theres anything I've missed, I'm all ear's

Thanks

Jb

PH1 172 - 83' Golf
This is one strange issue.

I left battery disconnected over night. Just been to it, turn the key and i get full lights on dash (the correct ones) and I also get the fuel pump priming. But still no crank of the engine.

Jb