ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 headlight bulb help

RenaultSport 172
Hi guys. One of my headlights has stopped working even though the bulb looks fine. I swapped the working one over and it works on the otherside so I definitely have a duff bulb. Trouble is even after searching I here and reading loads of threads I can't seem to find a replacement that looks the same. I just bought Cree 5k sidelight bulbs as one of them had gone so was thinking of 5k headlights too. Im confused though about all this HID lark and numerous options etc. can someone give me a link to a decent pair of bulbs for the ph1?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Interested in this also.

Steve, few people have Osram nightbreakers but I've yet to see what they look like on a ph1 with the crees. There not cheap though but I do believe they have good reviews.

I'm thinking of ditching my 5000k HID's for these, just waiting for pics.

RenaultSport 172
Hi Mark. You not happy with HID kit you got?
I was checking your project thread as I remember you upgrading.

I just sorted the problem after more googling. The bulb is HB3 and I just bought a pair of Osram night breakers for £21.99 on ebay :)
I'll try and get some pics when they arrive

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The HID kit I have is a bit blue compared to the Cree sidelights I have, plus they flicker. Also changing a standard setup bulb over HID is easier.

Yes, please post pics when yours are fitted.

RenaultSport 172
@Dr Jekyll

Here are the bulbs I bought. I couldn't get the CREE ones in the end as the seller said they were faulty and refunded me

kDHVJX.jpg

xNqfTr.jpg

The sidelights seem really good. They are definitely much brighter and not yellow at all so I'm pleased with them
The only problem is that the Nightbreakers look yellow. Turns out the bulbs I already had were nice and white so I've gone from white headlights and yellow sidelights to the opposite!
I haven't driven at night yet so not sure how good the nightbreakers are. I assume the old bulbs were cheapos as they had no brand on them so hopefully there will be an improvement in vision.

Here's the old ones:
zrVqja.jpg

and the new ones:
KxsHZQ.jpg

And just the sidelights:

84NArV.jpg

FCtpfD.jpg

Sorry for the non re-sized pics

RenaultSport 172
It was almost dark on my way home tonight and I could clearly see the night breaker looked brighter as I've only changed one side til tomorrow

Do the side light bulbs just push in? One of mine had fallen out :anguished: It was working, but as it wasn't in the headlight anymore I thought it has blown. I've put it back (I'm wondering if something's missing though) but I can move it a touch, when I do, it goes off 😧

@Dr Jekyll still no pics mate sorry, they look pretty yellow though, weird really as the bulb has a blue tint to it.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's cool craig. I bought some and fitted them last week. Slightly yellow but coming form HID's they will be! Good visibility though.

The sidights are a twist and pull.

Cheers, I can't seem to twist mine round, they just don't wanna go, how much do you have to twist them by? Maybe I've actually done it without realising lol!! It was about 8pm I was doing it 😞