ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 CRASH

Clio 172, Pug 106
head and leg hurts...been docs and got a prescription

after insurance deducts my excess i get a cheque for £875....just have to claim the £650 excess off the other guy

hire car should be here in a day or two.......wonder what i will get(hopefully not a pink micra)

who you insured with? If liability is admitted straight away your excess should be waived

Shame about the car but only a piece of metal.. onwards and upwards

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
100% take his insurance for much more mate.

You will regret not trying.

to people sayings like fake claim and all that... He got hurt.. how is this a fake claim?

Many.
Foook.

You didn't take the first offer did you?!! You can't replace your car for that amount lol.

Buying it back? Still a fair few bob to be made off that wreck.

Ph2 172
If you get a s**t hire car then ring them and complain. My mate got a Hyundai i10, complained and got a TTS, he was only 20 at the time.

PH2 172
The scary thing is you have to look twice at the transit to see it`s damaged!Hope your recovering OK.

head and leg hurts...been docs and got a prescription

after insurance deducts my excess i get a cheque for £875....just have to claim the £650 excess off the other guy

hire car should be here in a day or two.......wonder what i will get(hopefully not a pink micra)

Wait, why are you paying excess if your not at fault? You should claim off his insurance no?

Clio Cup
Ouch

I Dunno , Transits are faily robust , they have to be , and thats pretty damaged to be fair ,

Glad you ok , but as people have said , get a claim in , its not a ooooohhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Whiplash one , you have been genuinly hurt , Plus Virgin Media probably have a Million pound excess anyway , so its not going to effect them anyway

AlexW nah didn't take first offer...it was a grand lol

got them upto 1525....but cos it's tesco insurance,they deduct my compulsory and voluntary excess,total £650 and then claim it back from other party.

he is gonna blag it and say it was me speeding across roundabout from his right...utter b****cks but apparantly the policeman said there were witnesses

just a shame i have no recolection of what actually happened....all i remember is clear to my right,the car opposite me was turning left and then i was facing the way i came and saw the bonnet in a folded shape and a copper and paramedic were talking to me

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Sorry to hear about your crash mate, but I would imagine that the police with be able to tell if you where speeding or not by where the vehicles ended up etc, main thing is you on here telling the tail, good luck, hope things work out for you...

Willo

PH2 172
So he's saying you were hooning it round the roundabout, and there are witnesses to lend credence to his story?

I thought joining a roundabout and hitting a vehicle that was already on it was the same as driving into the back of someone.He has no excuse.

I thought joining a roundabout and hitting a vehicle that was already on it was the same as driving into the back of someone.He has no excuse.

I agree to an extent, but then there are a lot of people who think they can drive around a roundabout at any speed they like, because they have right of way...which is reckless driving IMO. I'm not saying this is what the OP was doing. Just asking a question.

PH2 172
I agree to an extent, but then there are a lot of people who think they can drive around a roundabout at any speed they like, because they have right of way...which is reckless driving IMO. I'm not saying this is what the OP was doing. Just asking a question.

Sorry,I don`t know what the limit is on this particular roundabout,but the transit driver has still committed an error of judgement.You have to consider every eventuality.

i was over my give way markings practically level with the raised roundabout and there are skid marks coming from his direction.

on another note.....my hire car has just been delivered...a 62 plate toyota GT86 :D in white

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i was over my give way markings practically level with the raised roundabout and there are skid marks coming from his direction.

on another note.....my hire car has just been delivered...a 62 plate toyota GT86 :D in white

I would have a little wager on you not wanting to give that back, Lovely looking car and supposed to be amazing to drive, enjoy....

Willo

Mk2 172
With Liability, they usually only waive the excess if the third party has admitted fault before they pay you out. As in they've contacted your insurer and told them, not you. It's better to get the third party insurance details and contact them directly rather than your insurance. As then you won't have to pay your excess.
Do you have Legal protection on your policy? as they claim your excess/damages back on your behalf (also check any other insurance policies to see if you have it like house insurnace etc.)
The engineers will work off Parkers/Glasses/Cap guide and Ebay (i've got about 12 of them sat near me!) Just looking now and Glasses says about 1500-1600 retail value, so you've not done bad.
Do you have the third party insurers details and have they contacted you and admitted liability? Make sure you don't get a hire car from one of those companies that tries to charge the third party insurer loads of money, as you could end up liable in some cases for the cost, as they won't pay it. If they have admitted liability get a hire car through them, same with a PI claim, get some Physio etc.. sorted if you are having any issues (again through the third party insurers)

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I`m confused,if the transit driver has not admitted liability,who is providing the loan car at £100 a day?

If he is fully comp and has a hire care as part of the deal won't his own insurance company pay for it, then try to claim it back once the blame is decided?

Willio

PH2 172
If he is fully comp and has a hire care as part of the deal won't his own insurance company pay for it, then try to claim it back once the blame is decided?

Willio

Fair enough,loan car is an option on my LV policy if car is written off.

Mk2 172

Willio

More than likely they've referred him to a Credit hire company. These people exist to make money out of claims, and will attempt to charge the third party insurer for the money at extortionate daily rates for hire cars. Unless you've added a specific hire car option to the policy they will refer you. You'll get a phone call and they'll decide wether or not they think they can claim the money back, you'll have to agree to a credit hire agreement.
I would bin these people off as soon as you get an offer of a hire car from the third party, and also make sure you get hire car excess insurance - but shop around don't get the one from the hirer.