ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH-Quick pricing.....

There seems to be a fair bit of variation in prices for the ph1 172's, I know a fair few people on here have bought one in the last year or so, I was wondering if you could share your knowledge.
I have noticed that the sunflowers in particular go for more as do the mars? red ones.
I will have around £4k to spend tops on a ph1, you see the facelift models starting off at around £4.8k these days so ideally I wouldn't want to spend anymore than £3.8k on a ph1. Not to bothered about the age, has to be under or around 60k miles and have had the cambelt done, I like the silver and im aware of the steering wheel problems. Am im being unreasonable on price?

Last edited:
lol

you sooooo should have bought mine off me before i traded it in. you could have had it for 4k and i would have delivered it to you personally!

lol

you sooooo should have bought mine off me before i traded it in. you could have had it for 4k and i would have delivered it to you personally!

Tell me about it, feel like a right tit, its your fault for persuading me to test drive it. Now every trip I make in the car I go via bloody bridge street to see if its still there, even if im going in the opposite direction!
I reckon I could get it for £4.5k knowing how much he paid for it, but the whole point of buying from a garage is the piece of mind and the warranty etc and I don't reckon that garage could offer any of that. They could effectively vanish one day so I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

lol

Tell me about it, feel like a right tit, its your fault for persuading me to test drive it. Now every trip I make in the car I go via bloody bridge street to see if its still there, even if im going in the opposite direction!
I reckon I could get it for £4.5k knowing how much he paid for it, but the whole point of buying from a garage is the piece of mind and the warranty etc and I don't reckon that garage could offer any of that. They could effectively vanish one day so I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

ask who their warranty is underwritten by.

Chances are they'll use a warranty company due to not having the facilities on site.

On a side note, i received the log book back from DVLA saying i still own the 172... so shall we go and get it back? :evil:

ask who their warranty is underwritten by.

Chances are they'll use a warranty company due to not having the facilities on site.

On a side note, i received the log book back from DVLA saying i still own the 172... so shall we go and get it back? :evil:

Well they haven't even got electricity on site, let alone warranty facilities. I keep meaning to look up the company name on the companies house site.
If i didn't know that you were the previous owner I wouldnt have taken a second look, the place doesnt inspire me with confidence! Theres a lovely L plate 4.0 Jag xj6 in the corner, probably a body in the boot! Asking £995 for it, I glanced over at it whilst they were moving the rs out and he said straight away I could have it for £500 cash there and then!!
He said he was having problems getting the paperwork through for it due to your private plate or something.
Lol, game on, I will deposit £3k cash in a carrier bag through the letterbox of pc world lol!

PMSL

he should have the log book back now... it wasnt delayed due to the private reg, it was delayed because the log book's been sat on my desk for a week. Took it into renault to pass onto him on friday.

its reg is now Y697 HWE as it was when i bought it.

406 passion wagon..
I sold my Blue Mk1 172 for £3,600 ~61K, Cambelt done etc, there are some steals out there....

God I done arf miss it!

PMSL

he should have the log book back now... it wasnt delayed due to the private reg, it was delayed because the log book's been sat on my desk for a week. Took it into renault to pass onto him on friday.

Lol Ok, well he even rang someone at Westover when I was there to chase it up, apparently your 'a tricky guy to deal with' I couldnt keep a straight face.
I can confirm its going back on that reg as I had those plates in the windows when doing :quiet: mph down the bypass.

BMW E46 330i Touring
£4k can get you a nice example 60k'er in today's market mate, I'd expect to fetch that tops if I was selling...

PMSL

Lol Ok, well he even rang someone at Westover when I was there to chase it up, apparently your 'a tricky guy to deal with' I couldnt keep a straight face.
I can confirm its going back on that reg as I had those plates in the windows when doing :quiet: mph down the bypass.

Heh, thats nice... you go speeding in the car and i get stung for the fines ;)

and i agree, i was a bloody pain in the arse to deal with! lol

Chocolate Bar™
It depends mostly on colour. You can get a mint silver one for 4k, or a pretty poor blue, red, yellow one. Your talking around the 50k mark for that price i'd reckon

Heh, thats nice... you go speeding in the car and i get stung for the fines ;)

and i agree, i was a bloody pain in the arse to deal with! lol

Lol, with no number plates I doubt I got a ticket, but if I did, I warn you now your heading for a ban! Just kidding.
Thats what dell boy told me, good on you though, my grandad bought a brand new pug 207 couldnt believe it when he turned up and it was on the fuel light with no mats!! I told him to complain at the first service and guess what, he got a peugeot umbrella, unbelievable could have atleast sweetened the deal with something!

Cheers for the feedback guys, looks like private £4k should sort me out.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
considering i sold you the induction kit then i think that warrants a passenger ride in one when you get it!

Sunflower and Flame Red are pretty rare, that's why the values are a little higher. Saying that though bargains do come up from less knowing types, a Red one went locally pretty cheap recently.

On Autotrader there is a 60k Silver for £3995 in Newbury, an Exclusive with 65k for £4000 in Buckinghamshire, had a look at those?

considering i sold you the induction kit then i think that warrants a passenger ride in one when you get it!

Lol, no probs mate, even if i got one tommorow i can't insure it until July so it would be sat in the garage till then. Although I need to investigate these day insurance companies as I think you can insure any car for a tenner a day, could take it out on sundays lol!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
lol, i would happily pay yours days insurance for a spin in one!

would probably mean i would want one after that, but thats not exactly a bad thing!

why july?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It depends mostly on colour. You can get a mint silver one for 4k, or a pretty poor blue, red, yellow one. Your talking around the 50k mark for that price i'd reckon

Hasn't even mentioned black ones, they must be really special :)

ph1 172... Sold:(
Mine was £4300 on 29k, but I've had to spend on a full service and belts, and have just ordered a full set of brakes f&r.

All in I expect my total (although it's never finished, is it?) to be on a par with what a fully sorted 40k'er seems to go at, about 5 bags o' gold.

Oh and it's red.

Last edited:
Sunflower and Flame Red are pretty rare, that's why the values are a little higher. Saying that though bargains do come up from less knowing types, a Red one went locally pretty cheap recently.

On Autotrader there is a 60k Silver for £3995 in Newbury, an Exclusive with 65k for £4000 in Buckinghamshire, had a look at those?

Just as well I like the silver then! There seems to be loads about.
No great rush really just want to research it thoroughly before I rush into anything like my last car.
I like the idea of an exclusive but I dont like the seats, prefer the standard to be honest.

lol, i would happily pay yours days insurance for a spin in one!

would probably mean i would want one after that, but thats not exactly a bad thing!

why july?

You can have a drive if you insure yourself.
I test drove fubars one and i ve never been a ph1 fan looks wise, but they drive so well, the throttle responce is spot on. Since the test drive I have set my heart on one and told anyone who will listen all about them!
Im 20 in July so insurance plummets and I get another years no claims. I refuse to pay over £1500 a year for insurance!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
fair does on the insurance mate.

i meant i'd pay for your insurance and be a passenger if its only a tenner!
i would never trust myself to drive a car like that yet, especially if i didnt own it, be gutted if i crashed it!

they are nice cars, would love one myself.

Mine was £4300 on 29k, but I've had to spend on a full service and belts, and have just ordered a full set of brakes f&r.

All in I expect my total (although it's never finished, is it?) to be on a par with what a fully sorted 40k'er seems to go at, about 5 bags o' gold.

Oh and it's red.

Seems like you got a good deal, private I assume? Its mars red isn't it same as the vee rather than flame red?

fair does on the insurance mate.

i meant i'd pay for your insurance and be a passenger if its only a tenner!
i would never trust myself to drive a car like that yet, especially if i didnt own it, be gutted if i crashed it!

they are nice cars, would love one myself.

Lol, nah I wouldnt charge you for a passenger ride its only a clio! Nah you'd be fine, I never thought the garage would let me take it for a test drive to be honest!

182 ff silver
you can have mine for 3.2k needs a bit of tidying tho (quoted £350) but its done 45k with fsh and just had the cambelt done on a y plate!!!!

Oh and it's red.

you can have mine for 3.2k needs a bit of tidying tho (quoted £350) but its done 45k with fsh and just had the cambelt done on a y plate!!!!

Oh dear, at this rate I could end buying a piece of very expensive garden furniture! What sort of tidying? Im in no great hurry to buy as I would have to store it for a while...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i just picked up a w reg mk1 172 for £3000 tonight. 70K miles and body and interior in good nick. Hasnt got original alloys though so not sure how that affects its value (they are 16" and look similar). Also the front sidelights aren't working but for the money I thought i'd take a gamble.

182 ff silver
some thievin b*****d tryed brerakin in so new passenger door needed and few scratches stone chips

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Mine will be up for sale when my emigration goes through (hopefully)

Last edited:
It seems theres certainly abit of choice about and i ve got no problems travelling to find a minter. Thanks to all those who have contributed, the aim of this thread was to get a feel for the market and get some idea as to what I should be paying.
To those offering me stunning cars left right and centre im still researching at the moment and will be in no position to buy until late May early June as i am uni at the moment and have no where to put it as I still have the 1.2 16v. I also can't insure it for any reasonable sum till im 20 in July.
Feel free to pm me details of cars if your thinking of selling nearer the summer. Although I would rather not commit to buying a car from someone in the future as I have done this in the past and both times the other party has written the car off beforehand so I think I must curse them!

hope the pm helped bud, take your time and dont rush it.

Sure did, I rushed into things abit on the last car, cheers fella.

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
i paid just over 2k for my 2001 'Y' with 98k on the clock mate in black with 3 owners from new and full renault history-there are bargains to be had just be pepared to haggle