ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol blue for sale on Facebook (if anyone is looking for one) NOT Mine

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've never really seen any, seen a Trophy a couple of times and the blue 172 track car but not much else!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
just read on Facebook, he didn’t pay that for it! Sounds like chap that’s bought it is getting it in the bodyshop. Then it’s being turbo converted! Would love it to be a build thread if it’s done properly! The Facebook groups are great for this kind of thing. I noticed a black turbo conversion with a personal plate think ‘tub’ is back for sale again! It’s been sold like 3 times this year I think 😂

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Anything over 3 grand and he's just had his leg lifted, if he knew about this thread beforehand then they were well warned.
The fact it started falling apart on the drive home is a good sign it wasn't the best example.

Clio 172 cup
I thought the ONLY thing the car had going for it was the paint colour and given the state of the paint you'd hardly consider it a benefit. If it's being made into a track car it makes even less sense.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I thought the ONLY thing the car had going for it was the paint colour and given the state of the paint you'd hardly consider it a benefit. If it's being made into a track car it makes even less sense.

Mega lols if it ends up with a K20 swap, caged, coilovers and wrapped.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
I've never really seen any, seen a Trophy a couple of times and the blue 172 track car but not much else!
There's a LY turbo 182 around and a few 172's and trophys, there's probably more tucked away somewhere.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

There's quite a few in this area, head out on the roads towards Chirk on a sunny weekend and you will see loads.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
There's quite a few in this area, head out on the roads towards Chirk on a sunny weekend and you will see loads.

Maybe that's it, I try to avoid places like that on the weekends. ;) Went to Llangollen last Saturday and it was heaving!

Good place for a Clio owner to go for a drive though, some brilliant roads there.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
It’s back for sale…on eBay, but this time for £10k!! I will say it looks like someone has had a good go at making it look decent in the photos at least

Land Rover
l would say half that price would be getting nearer to the true value, although only low mileage ones seem to be worth £5,000 or more.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
@MLB 3rd petrol blue in North Wales. Probably the most common colour over here.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
The guy told me he sprayed it himself. Not sure how good the paint job is but the colour looks a bit too green to me.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Haha I think I'll need to start looking for a liquid yellow then!

Maybe resprayed metallic instead of pearlescent that gives it a different colour? I sadly don't know much about car paints

• Haha
Reactions: HAP
  Land Rover
l would love another Clio 182 and it will be the next "classic" car that l buy. My Racing Blue FF 182 was just so good to drive, it had been fettled by various members on here (about six of whom had previously owned it!) lt was lowered with the Cup Alloys and attracted a lot of attention particularly from the lads in the factory when my wife used it to go to work....she gained a lot of credibility with them at that time.

l would probably want a low mileage one and will be looking in the usual places as
well as on here.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The guy told me he sprayed it himself. Not sure how good the paint job is but the colour looks a bit too green to me.

£10,000 and it's got a DIY paintjob on it?

Unless the guy works in a bodyshop and painted it there in his spare time?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
£10,000 and it's got a DIY paintjob on it?

Unless the guy works in a bodyshop and painted it there in his spare time?
Thinking about it I would guess at that price he has had it done professionally and is trying to recoup some of that cost, I was quoted £4k for a full exterior respray on my BG so with the other work I have had done to recoup my costs I need to sell it for c£10k, although I accept that you don't get back what you put in, but some folks don't see that and think they can get it all back plus some for their pocket.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I don’t think that’s a DIY job, even with the crappy way eBay compress photos to look like their from 2004 it looks nicely done. I’m sincerely happy that someone has done a job on the car. It needed doing properly after several people tried to turn a quick quid on it. However it’s strong money with that miles, seem to remember it having no history as well. Still a rare old thing and it’s not like there are hundred of PB for sale. So find another!

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Totally respect the guy for doing it himself. I would probably mess it up and get overspray everywhere.
Screenshot_20220509_110553.jpg

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
There was another PB for sale a few months ago for £15k but the owner decided to keep the car.
Screenshot_20220202_211135_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have no issues with a DIY job done to a high standard, I've sprayed several cars now and tbh as long as you are willing to spend the time post spray the jobs as good as a body shop.

I do think the price is way off though.

Reactions: HAP

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The thing with petrol blue is not that many people actually want to own one. Yeah it's the rarest 182 but finding someone who's willing to pay £10k for an absolutely mint low miles 182 is hard enough never mind one thats just and average car in a funky colour that has limited appeal. If it was 5 or 6k someone may take a punt on it but that cars never going to fetch 10k imo.