ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peoples experiences with buying their 182

Shdhdhd
i havnt been able to buy a 182 as my insurance company wouldnt allow me to insure it. renew mid may meaning..182 for me.

Looking around im struggling to find any truely good examples that I would be happy with.

Colour choices = black/gold,racing blue, or liquid yellow.

Cant find any liquid yellow, racing blue non cups with all the extras pop up here and there then black gold come up a bit more.

I would like one thats had it's cambelt etc done but what else should I be looking out for or doing?

looking on here in sale section and piston heads. any where else I could look?

Also main reason for thread just seeing what problems people have had an experiences theyd like to share with buying a 182.

Racing blue all the way mate!!!!

Try go for the "Full Fat" one though mate if you can find one... I had to wait a while before I found mine for this reason. Well worth it though.

There was a few on PH's last time I had a browse.

Shdhdhd
Has to be full fat. Still got a lil while to find one.
Few cups on ph. Auto trader didn't find anything decent for an alright price within 100 miles from my house. Found a liquid yellow, nearly 70k miles on clock. No cup spoiler and pretty over priced

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Took me a while to find a decent one, most seemed to have/have had damage when I was looking around.

And imo prices are really low atm, in the last 6 months 182's really seemed to have come down a lot.

When I was selling my Black Gold FF with both Cup Packs recently I didn't see many of the same spec, although there were two others (probably still for sale?). Loads of racing blue and silvers ones about though of mixed spec. I agree Liquid Yellow is a very desirable colour, and so is the relatively more plentiful Black Gold, just looks a bit classier than the other colours IMO of course.

It's all down to the price though and you do generally get what you pay for and be prepared to travel (buyer of mine came about 200miles) but on the same token you can't expect a bargain base price if you want a tidy example. If you want one of the more desirable colours with both packs in excellent condition it's worth paying for IMO. Don't forget the 55-plates and the odd very rare 06 plate are not due until September or even March 2011 for cambelt.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
i havnt been able to buy a 182 as my insurance company wouldnt allow me to insure it. renew mid may meaning..182 for me.

Looking around im struggling to find any truely good examples that I would be happy with.

Colour choices = black/gold,racing blue, or liquid yellow.

Cant find any liquid yellow, racing blue non cups with all the extras pop up here and there then black gold come up a bit more.

I would like one thats had it's cambelt etc done but what else should I be looking out for or doing?

looking on here in sale section and piston heads. any where else I could look?

Also main reason for thread just seeing what problems people have had an experiences theyd like to share with buying a 182.

The chances of finding a Liquid yellow are low- they are very few & far between-

If I were you I would certainly join the forum for £10 ( if you havent already) & view the classifieds in terms of 182 for sale-

As for the other areas be very specific in your searches...

Steve:approve:

Shdhdhd
Driving to Scotland is totally out of the question. So is driving more than say 120miles unless it was a must have car. I understand ly is hard to find but top spec rb is realistic. Inferno.. I'm not sure if I like it. Extremly unsure on that colour so can't put it in my list. Silver I couldn't do as my first non sport was silver and my second non sport is basicly arctic blue

Well over priced for a Private sale on 55k miles- Also its due a Cambelt so the fact the aux belt has been done in the ad is irrelevent as the Aux belt will be changed again-

pretty looking but well overpriced by around 1k-

S
these are factors which can be brought up when negotiating price.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
these are factors which can be brought up when negotiating price.

true :approve:

Lets hope the OP appreciates that belts are circa 500 & mileage over 45k does slightly knock the residual value, with the sharp drop off @ 60/65k

S

Shdhdhd
2months ago I got belts done on my 1.6. About 400 for it all the be done. I want one that's got them done so it's out the way and not something I have to think about. I'm wanting one on no more than 50,000 miles

Da

Less
A good RB is hard to come by, we don't sell them you see ;)

In all seriousness - I looked for months when searching out my RB and when I found the one I wanted I secured the sale with a deposit over the phone. I was offered some right dogs for considerably less than I paid for mine, but IMO the extra was worth it for a car I'm happy with.

Shdhdhd
6k to spend atm + I have my
car. 54 plate 1.6 mk2 ph2 that's just had all belts done Nd fully colour coded in ottoman blue which isn't that common.

What would you say a black gold or rb full fat well looked after with belts done on a 54 plate with about 45k miles was worth realisticly?

Arctic Blue 182 FF
I got an Arctic blue minter (well apart from the steering wheel) with 42k on an 04 plate for £5900

I think it was a bit expensive but it is a cracker

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd want £6k for mine, cup packed, 37k, FSH (all birchdown bar 1st), belts done at Birchdown, 1 previous owner.

Just for an idea.

Da

Less
£5500 - £6500 is a good price for a low mileage and looked after example.

Mines on 52K and I'd want £6k all day long for it.

Shdhdhd
£5500 - £6500 is fair for a car I'd be truely happy with and want no other car than a 182

Steve @ r sports car - just read some testimonials from buyers that are more than happy about the cars they've got from you and the level of service you provide. Where abouts are you located? I'd be more than happy to do a deal with you if you could find me what I need at beggining of may.

Amazingly I found an RB 182 FF about 40 minutes from home, good nick and one of the cheapest on the market at the time. It was the first one that I looked at, about 2 days after I decided to buy a 182 :)

Sometimes these things just work out, but to be honest it seems a good RB is hard to find! I'll be selling mine in July, cambelts done, Janspeed exhaust and cat and a keen price no doubt :)

Edited to add I paid £5k for mine on 59k miles with belts needed back in April 2009. Cheap too!

Well over priced for a Private sale on 55k miles- Also its due a Cambelt so the fact the aux belt has been done in the ad is irrelevent as the Aux belt will be changed again-

pretty looking but well overpriced by around 1k-

S

I wouldn't say well overpriced at all, especially not by £1k, that would make it £4995 and that also looks like a very clean tidy car to me.

What doesn't help that ad is the list of modifications IMO.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Took me abwt 3 month to find mine.drove all the way to lpool to someone who sounded reli genuine, family business trading sports cars and it was fukd, we couldnt wait to get back in our car and get the fuk home it was that bad! Also went to doncaster n found a mint rb but service hostory had a mention of a oil leak and nothing after to say work had been done, that put me off! Then found my bg in a renault garage at blackpool 2 hours drive from home but was worth it

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not sure if you've considered it, but I wouldn't rule out a late, well looked after 172. Same shape, exhaust is cheaper when it breaks, and you've more options than a cup packed 182 if you're ever thinking of coilovers.

Wish I'd never sold my 1st 172 for the 182 tbh.

BLACK GOLD 182
i got black gold. love the colour choices u got going on but black looks mint at night can av it stealthed up..... love all them colours black easier to get hold of full fat and cheaper l8ly must be due to high demand of yellow and racing blue.

Not sure if you've considered it, but I wouldn't rule out a late, well looked after 172. Same shape, exhaust is cheaper when it breaks, and you've more options than a cup packed 182 if you're ever thinking of coilovers.

Wish I'd never sold my 1st 172 for the 182 tbh.

I would argue the wider track/stance and wheels of the Cup'd 182 set it apart from the 172, it really does make a difference IMO. When I see 172s they don't look quite as good to me, even if it's only a small difference it's there.

Black Gold or Liquid Yellow with both Cup packs, Racing Blue isn't as nice IMO, and reminds me of Cup models, I just expect cloth interior inside hehe.

Shdhdhd
There's a 172 cup local to me and I was tempted due to distance. Also thinking about a black 172 If I can find one. Just giving me extra options.

Da

Less
Black Gold or Liquid Yellow with both Cup packs, Racing Blue isn't as nice IMO, and reminds me of Cup models, I just expect cloth interior inside hehe.

For clarification - RB was first released in standard 182 form and there were 433 182's in that colour if I remember correctly.

The RB Cup was introduced at a later date and there were circa 200 Cup registrations.

Shdhdhd
Not sure I wana throw £6k at a car. After insurance and selling my current I'd have around £2.5k left over. Looking at an 04 plate flamer which looks pretty nice £4.5k 52k miles. Just need to check belts are done. I kno there's a guide to what else to check but just wondering what else I should be asking. It's at a dealers 35 miles away from me which makes it easier. Should be going to see it Tuesday

Shdhdhd
Ended up going for an arctic 182. made an offer, its been accepted. deposit down tommorrow.pay up the rest end of the week then its coming home :) 15 miles up the road :D

Shdhdhd
182 FF so splitter anthra alloys cup spoiler climate control half leather seats.
40k miles. belts all done in nov.tyres with many miles left. full standard exhaust system replaced in dec. checked all paint work, in door sills etc. pretty happy so far