ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peoples experiences with buying their 182

Looking for 182
My Clio 182FF buying experience hasn't been great so far, mostly my own fault though to be honest. I'm not a 'car' person, in that I am trying as quick as possible to understand the more mechanical side of things.

I saw a car last Saturday, fell in love with it, bought it, picked it up on Sunday. I paid £4,900 for it, with belts changed last year, full service history with all receipts, 50k on the clock, amazing condition inside and out, and a genuine Renault iPod connector (apparently work £125) installed in the glove box, new exhaust mounts, recent oil change, etc. The seller was really nice and helped explain every little thing about the car which was good.

However on Monday I noticed a loud whine from the power steering (video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IFSRKJQMYU) and it is now costing me £400 to fix it :(

To be honest I rushed into things a bit and as a result I have been stung slightly. I also found out that my car is possibly an import as it has no alarm, and apparently it should do. As I understand it the car was built in France to be sold in the UK, so technically not an import, but it's annoying not having the alarm.

I'm hoping this is the only problem I will face, as even then it comes in at £5,300, which is a decent price imo.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
182 FF so splitter anthra alloys cup spoiler climate control half leather seats.
40k miles. belts all done in nov.tyres with many miles left. full standard exhaust system replaced in dec. checked all paint work, in door sills etc. pretty happy so far

Good luck with the new car-

Steve

BG Clio 182
I recently bought a Black gold 182 ff, it had 53,000 miles on it and 04 reg..and was up for 5000 grand, I haggled it to 4500. Bought it home, took it to have the cambelt ect changed on it and got a nice 740 quid bill back!;)

Oh yeah it also came with a new radio, alpine I think its called and an ipod connection through the glove box! :)

Shdhdhd
Forgot it has cup suspension. Well comes as part of ff. Showed me all mots and work done on paper with all reciepts. Bluetooth & a decent look stereo.

Which sports came with 6 cd changer. Didn't check about this but not fussed about it at the same time.

To the guy above, hard luck with the cars problems. Buying cars carrys risk and if it's a private seller. He took me out in his that I've bought and sounded really nice. No engine shake or dodgy steering and appeared to drive and handle so well