ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Octy VRS
Not really comparable though. I know which one I'll be buying. Will be the best RPG since FO3 I'm hoping, then Rage round the corner.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah but to put that in perspective the same guy also completed Fallout 3 in 75 minutes.

Goliath I
Of course, regular gamers who haven't been playing Skyrim non-stop for the past year - or designing it for that matter - probably won't get through the game quite that fast. Bethesda has claimed it will take players around 30 hours to beat the game's central quest, not including the time it takes them to father (or mother) a dynasty of lizard children.

Lizard children? What kind of game is this?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lol. Even if those minutes were hours, there would still be stuff left to do.

D.

Yup. I've no idea how you complete FO3 in 75 minutes anyway. Some of the main quest missions took that long for me on their own.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've watched a few gameplay videos from the 360 and I'm pretty impressed. I think I'll give it a go despite dragons, wizards and sh*t not really being my thing.

The atmosphere and world looks incredible though, as does the soundtrack. They seem to be three things Bethesda always nail.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've watched a few gameplay videos from the 360 and I'm pretty impressed. I think I'll give it a go despite dragons, wizards and sh*t not really being my thing.

The atmosphere and world looks incredible though, as does the soundtrack. They seem to be three things Bethesda always nail.

It'll be too f*cking big. There's a video knocking about that the guy pans around and there's a mountain in the distance. Like, literally miles away.

"Yeah, that's not there for show. You can climb that right to the top."

O RLY.

F*ck. Me.

DCi
I'm like you Chris - dragons and wizard s**t isnt usually for me but I enjoyed fall out so I think I'll give this a go.

I think I might get it on PC and be a gfx wh0re though. Not sure yet.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think the 360 version they used for the demo at E3 looked amazing already! Definitely one of the best-looking 360 titles.

Sack spending 100+ hours sat bolt upright at a desk for the sake of dynamic shadows. IMO.

Sofa, surround set to 'movie' and 50 inches of LED win.

DCi
i sit in the same chair for my PC/xbox :rasp:

i had deux ex on PC and my sister got it on xbox, i think i made the right choice with that one so i guess I'll stick with it... i can always rig my PC up to my tele and see if it comes out ok if i want it big :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Unless you have a PC, get id involved and make Rage for it, however? ;)

PMSL laughing at the TV advert of Rage that says "PC version shown". Fecking hell - on what hardware, oh Mighty one?! Please pass on your wisdom and insight that tells us how to play this game properly without some f**ks face that I'm talking to having the same alternating texture pattern of a tartan quilt.

f**ks. :(

D.

Octy VRS
I wasn't into wizards and s**t until I played Oblivion. That was an awesome game, probably the best I've played in this generation of games. That was until Fallout 3. Honestly, it'll take up more of your time than any other game this side of WOW.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I played WoW for years so I'm not completely ruling out wizard s**t. :eek:

Some of the footage I've seen so far looks like Grizzly Hills; my favourite area in WoW.

I loved the last one, no idea how much of my life I spunked away on it, was the first game that had me properly hooked for large periods of time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Never played WoW so wouldn't know what the fuss was about. Oblivion was neat enough but I prefer machine guns to sticks and f*cking magic.

Looks great this though so will definitely keep up to date with how it scores.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOL!!

I'd laugh if there was epic texture pop-in on the adverts.

Have they patched it now?

It's still not right. I could play it, but for the time being, the desire to has simply gone. It did look promising and the hour that I put in was pretty good. But I just tired of trying to examine/pickup what I thought were items, only to realise that they were fucked textures.

D.

320d M Sport
"While chasing a deer near a river bank, I noticed dragonflies buzzing around my head. I tried to snatch them out of the air, failed, and realized the deer had sprinted entirely out of view. In a nearby waterfall fish jumped from bottom to top, and by standing on a rock in the midst of the rapids I was able to pluck one out. I let the moving water carry me downstream, where I found the deer again, killed it, and watched its corpse float along with the current, bumping into rocks along the way"

FLOL @ doing that just because you can! ha

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
"While chasing a deer near a river bank, I noticed dragonflies buzzing around my head. I tried to snatch them out of the air, failed, and realized the deer had sprinted entirely out of view. In a nearby waterfall fish jumped from bottom to top, and by standing on a rock in the midst of the rapids I was able to pluck one out. I let the moving water carry me downstream, where I found the deer again, killed it, and watched its corpse float along with the current, bumping into rocks along the way"

FLOL @ doing that just because you can! ha

LOL.

Even though it's not my favourite setting, I'm going to love this for the immersion.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So, the strategy guide book is soon to be released.

650 pages.

scaled.php

Ahh Bethesda, you do mock us.

Listerine & Poledo
*chuckle*

rim.

*chuckle*

#Childish

ON TOPIC!: Yep, strategy guides are a must for this kind of thing I found.
Same as Chris, got them for FO3 and FNV. Had to be done

Octy VRS
Jesus H! I never bothered with guides as the Fallout Wiki was excellent, just meant having a laptop in front of me though.

Listerine & Poledo
Fallout.wikia.com is brilliant, very true.

Well, after the game's been out a few weeks and content has gone up anyway.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This Friday. W00t.

Pre-ordered the 'vanilla' version since the Collectors' Edition is £129.99.